GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 7:00pm CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dubs has to be better next game. Same with the defense. Koivu looks like a different player out there with all the shots he's taking. Hopefully that line keeps flying.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Next game against Columbus I expect us to come out and dominate. They're a team we can take advantage of.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Good 60 minutes. I love how people on Twitter freaking out. :laugh:The wild were due for a 60 minute game and Anaheim was due for some puck luck. I kind of had a feeling this would happen.

15hockeyfan15

Sep 25, 2015
My thoughts

- Koivu's line was great all night.

- PPG was pretty meh. I think Yeo should try somebody other than Pommer on that line. He just doesn't seem to compete as hard as Parise or Granny and I'd like to see what someone like Coyle could do there.

- Third line was brutal. They were out for the first 3 goals against and registered 2 shots in total. I thought Vanek had looked pretty good so far this season but tonight if he wasn't turning the puck over he was invisible.

- The fourth line looked solid. They had a few good chances and were physical.

- Dubnyk hasn't looked like the impenetrable wall he was last season although it's still early so hopefully he can back on track.

- Also, not sure if it was the ice or what but there was an unusually high amount of passes that got by our defenders on the point when we were in their end.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not mad. Wild were the better team, but unlucky. Doobs is starting to worry me, though.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we lost both games this weekend, how do you sugarcoat that? im sick of losing to the ducks. this game was a measuring stick and we couldnt get it done.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not mad. Wild were the better team, but unlucky. Doobs is starting to worry me, though.

He hasn't looked great, but the first goal he was likely screened (or it was tipped). The second one was a beauty of a deflection.

we lost both games this weekend, how do you sugarcoat that? im sick of losing to the ducks. this game was a measuring stick and we couldnt get it done.

Measuring stick how? We've played other solid teams this year already on the road. Anaheim was winless so it's not like they were playing at an elite level. We had the number 1 offense in the league up till tonight (yay small sample size) and were due for a game like this. Goes back to my question the other night about how we were playing vs. actually winning. Still hard to complain about 7 points in 5 games when you look at it that way.

J22*

My thoughts

- Koivu's line was great all night.

- PPG was pretty meh. I think Yeo should try somebody other than Pommer on that line. He just doesn't seem to compete as hard as Parise or Granny and I'd like to see what someone like Coyle could do there.

- Third line was brutal. They were out for the first 3 goals against and registered 2 shots in total. I thought Vanek had looked pretty good so far this season but tonight if he wasn't turning the puck over he was invisible.

- The fourth line looked solid. They had a few good chances and were physical.

- Dubnyk hasn't looked like the impenetrable wall he was last season although it's still early so hopefully he can back on track.

- Also, not sure if it was the ice or what but there was an unusually high amount of passes that got by our defenders on the point when we were in their end.

I saw a lot of the same things. IMO- it's pretty clear that Granlund is the guy that dictates how the 1st line looks. Pominville has his ups and downs but he's a steady enough player that I really doubt he's going to be the reason that line is either terrible or great on any given night. If you want to try Coyle on that line, why not switch him with Granlund?

Having said that^, Coyle was pretty bad tonight. Hopefully just a blip, but I saw a lot of last years Coyle tonight. Neither Vanek or Fontaine gave him much help either.

Dubnyk looks like a guy who is trying to "just not screw it up". Doesn't seem like he has much confidence right now, and he's hiding in his net quite a bit.

Please just put the D back to what it was last year. I know it's really impatient to be bitching about this already, but what is the upside to the changes? Spurgeon was supposed to add offense to the 1st unit? Yeah, that's not happening. Brodin would be much more comfortable on the left side? Yeah, no. Not 1 single Dman looks as good in his spot as he did last year. Dumba is rapidly approaching a healthy scratch. Aggressive in the dzone and making the safe play on offense is not how Dumba needs to be playing.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Having said that^, Coyle was pretty bad tonight. Hopefully just a blip, but I saw a lot of last years Coyle tonight. Neither Vanek or Fontaine gave him much help either.

I thought Fontaine and Vanek were excellent tonight. Fontaine forechecked like a madman and created more than a handful of turnovers, and even Vanek had a few nice plays (coming from a guy who really dislikes Vanek overall, that's a huge compliment).

J22*

I thought Fontaine and Vanek were excellent tonight. Fontaine forechecked like a madman and created more than a handful of turnovers, and even Vanek had a few nice plays (coming from a guy who really dislikes Vanek overall, that's a huge compliment).

Funny, I'm one of the few Vanek supporters and I didn't like his game much at all tonight.

Fontaine had good effort tonight, and was close to making some plays so I was probably more frustrated with his game than upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad