OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Our defense was much, much worse than our Offense last season. Our linebackers are awful.
Anthony Barr isn't the answer at LB but there were available options that would make a difference at CB, DL or FS.

Barr is so beyond over rated it is laughable. Stanford, ASU, USC and Oregon never even bothered to double team him.

The Bears just picked the player the Vikings should have taken if they truly wanted a difference maker on D.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Vikings selected Anthony Barr instead of a QB lol......... As a Packer fan I like it :nod: Ahh Minnesota sports... Never change.

I'm guessing you didn't watch many Vikings games? ;)

The defense was just putrid. The vikings could have had a board with all the positions on a football team, thrown a dart, and probably had a 95% chance of hitting a position of need.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm guessing you didn't watch many Vikings games? ;)

The defense was just putrid. The vikings could have had a board with all the positions on a football team, thrown a dart, and probably had a 95% chance of hitting a position of need.

Just the one where Rodgers killed their de..... Dammit! LOL

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Anthony Barr isn't the answer at LB but there were available options that would make a difference at CB, DL or FS.

Barr is so beyond over rated it is laughable. Stanford, ASU, USC and Oregon never even bothered to double team him.

The Bears just picked the player the Vikings should have taken if they truly wanted a difference maker on D.

Man it's too bad that Spielman and Zimmer didn't have access to any game tape on Barr.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Zimmer: Have never had an LB, even back in Dallas days, that had his size and speed. Barr is new.

Both Zimmer and Spielman LOVE Barr's hip fluidity and project it to mean a lot in coverage.

Zimmer: Typically our Sam blitzes a lot more than our Will. Thinking of ways to continuously pressure the QB. Position he plays is pressure

via https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Man it's td that Spielman and Zimmer didn't have access to any game tape on Barr.
So you are one of those who just believes that there should be no forum discussion and everybody should just jump on board because that is who was picked?

I am quite confident they have film on Barr, I am also quite confident that Barr was a wasted pick at 8 when there were far better players at other positions of need than Barr.

If you have any doubt that Barr has a history of disappearing in big games or against drafted OL than jump on any Pac 12 board and ask the people who have watched him.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
i will trust zimmer over most on the defensive players. not getting manziel hurts but perhaps they like another qb more. hopefully they get the qb that they like... jimmy?

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
How exactly did he **** the bed??
He picked a player that will have little impact at his position in comparison to other players who would have had a far bigger impact at their positions which were also needs for the Vikings.

I said that already but hopefully now it is clearer for you?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Yikes man. Chill out. You scorned someone for having faith in the pick yet you're going to a similar extreme in the opposite direction. Being this absolute with your opinions this early could wind up making you look rather silly.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
He picked a player that will have little impact at his position in comparison to other players who would have had a far bigger impact at their positions which were also needs for the Vikings.

I said that already but hopefully now it is clearer for you?

Didn't read through the earlier posts, sorry.

If you follow football and/or the draft at all you should know that making such definitive statements about a player who was just drafted is very silly.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Yikes man. Chill out. You scorned someone for having faith in the pick yet you're going to a similar extreme in the opposite direction. Being this absolute with your opinions this early could wind up making you look rather silly.
Actually nobody said they had faith in the pick. Someone scorned me for having an opinion that was opposite of the Zimmers and Spielmans making the pick.

There is a difference. If you don't like my opinion on the pick of Barr then go ahead and tell me why not just simply some sophomoric "I will trust Zimmer over you" nonsense.

This is all quite reminiscent of the Kurtis Gabriel draft pick and the stupid nonsense that came out of that.

I think Barr is a horrible pick at #9 for anybody, don't like the opinion then go ahead and tell me why but leave the "he was picked therefore your opinion is wrong" nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad