OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Fire Frazier

Blow it all up and start over. Trade away who you can, fire who is fireable including Speilman and Frazier, and hit the reset button.

If the Vikings are going to suck, then suck BIG TIME. Re-tool through the draft and free agency.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Lose the rest of the games and trade up to get a #1/2 pick and get the franchise QB. Trade AP, Allen, and anyone else of value who isn't young. Build around Bridgewater/Mariota for the next decade. Draft CB/LB with every other pick and try to get at least two starters. In 2015 work on the lines again. Should have competent WR and special teams for now. Obviously ditch the entire coaching staff and likely Spielman as well.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Aslo its worth noting that this morning Tom Pelissario tweeted that Spiellman is likely choosing the next coach, so my gut tells me we wait it out lose to 1-15 (i hope) and we get a new coach and new staff and one of Marriota, Bridgewater,Clowny,Barr

There is also going to be some discussions and pending rumoms depending on what happens in the next two days trade wise (Allen) etc

IF we can get another 1st we might be able to make out like bandits with solid D and a QB.

I think a good coach has enough to work with here to make us a wild card contender next year.

I mean most of our guys are playing like ****, its not the guys we have its the coaching staff thats ******** the bed imho

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Clean house, GM, coach, et al.

AP to Dallas for Murray + 1st + 2nd (try to get two 1sts, but I don't think it's possible, although with Jerry who knows)

Jennings to NE for a 1st and 3rd (probably too optimistic)

Allen and Williams to anybody for 2nd/3rd round picks

If we really like a QB, then fine, but don't force it with the top 5 pick. If not, go defense heavy.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't think our O-line is terrible. We just need upgrades at guards. They should be serviceable with a competent QB.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Clean house, GM, coach, et al.

AP to Dallas for Murray + 1st + 2nd (try to get two 1sts, but I don't think it's possible, although with Jerry who knows)

Jennings to NE for a 1st and 3rd (probably too optimistic)

Allen and Williams to anybody for 2nd/3rd round picks

If we really like a QB, then fine, but don't force it with the top 5 pick. If not, go defense heavy.

The GM has been in position only two years. Fire the coaches not the GM.

Dallas can't afford Peterson.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Five reasons not to trade Adrian Peterson;

1) Stadium deal. There are already grumblings that the government was hoodwinked into taking the deal. Trading Peterson, the face of the franchise, and one of the biggest talents to grace the Vikings in a decade, would solidify these grumblings even more. Not the best time to trade Peterson.

2) Teams in football can turn it around quicker than in any other sports. You pick up the right free agent or the right talent in the draft and you can turn it around quickly. And once in the playoffs anything can go.

3) A rebuilding team needs Peterson more than anything. A young QB will need a talented running back to take the pressure off. Peterson would be a huge boon to any QB coming into the league.

4) Peterson still has at least a few years left. Even if we don't trade him now, we could look at moving him in the future and teams could use a third down back. But he doesn't need to be the premiere talent to get a ring.

5) His contract makes it almost impossible to get anything of value back. High cap hit and teams don't value running backs like they do any other position. Trading Peterson, we won't get equal value back.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Of the few GM's who'd be stupid enough to do a deal for peterson JJ is one of them, dude loves his awful deals.

Dez, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Murray for AP+Simpson get ir done

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Almost time for basketball?

Basketball???

TeamAmericaVomit_medium.gif

I continue to express my hope that the Timberwolves will be moved one day and we become a market with Football, Baseball, and Hockey. We don't need basketball.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm incredibly skeptical of the entire Vikings front office.

A big concern is they look at the players we currently have and hire a coach that fits them instead of hiring the best coach.

If we are stuck with the same passive defense and vanilla offense there is no reason to continue watching the team.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm incredibly skeptical of the entire Vikings front office.

A big concern is they look at the players we currently have and hire a coach that fits them instead of hiring the best coach.

If we are stuck with the same passive defense and vanilla offense there is no reason to continue watching the team.

You do realize that it wasn't the front office but the Wilf's that hire and fire the coaches right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad