OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

651*

The one thing that stood out the most to me after watching yesterday's ASG was that EVERY pitcher was consistently pitching in the 90s with serious heat.

Do even one of our starters pitch consistently in the 90s? I don't think so. Maybe Gibson, but who knows how good he will be.

651*

How's his fastball? ;)

:laugh:

Truth be told I heard he was a MEAN pitcher at CDH. :laugh:

But Jarick, while I know you were referring to starting pitcher(s), I didn't address it because there were only two starting pitchers in the game, technically speaking. Sure probably a half dozen (or more) could have been the starter, no, we have absolutely no pitcher that could have started that game.

It was a bit depressing seeing all the ex-Twins playing in the ASG though. SO many. Imagine if we still had Cuddy, Gomez, Hardy, Hunter, Ortiz, Nathan still in our lineup. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

But Jarick, while I know you were referring to starting pitcher(s), I didn't address it because there were only two starting pitchers in the game, technically speaking. Sure probably a half dozen (or more) could have been the starter, no, we have absolutely no pitcher that could have started that game.

It was a bit depressing seeing all the ex-Twins playing in the ASG though. SO many. Imagine if we still had Cuddy, Gomez, Hardy, Hunter, Ortiz, Nathan still in our lineup. Shame.

One of my cousin's played with Perkins at Stillwater and against Joe Mauer. He raved about Joe before he was drafted. Kid played everywhere. Struck out once, everybody was quiet. Pretty good pitcher.

651*

One of my cousin's played with Perkins at Stillwater and against Joe Mauer. He raved about Joe before he was drafted. Kid played everywhere. Struck out once, everybody was quiet. Pretty good pitcher.

Well I remember he could play anywhere (obviously he's top 5 catchers in the history of the game) and I remember hearing about him being a very good pitcher at CDH as well. I also remember hearing about him only striking out once at CDH.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

What I meant was we had no starters who could pitch in that game PERIOD. Hopefully Gibby in a few years...along with maybe Meyer...

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The one thing that stood out the most to me after watching yesterday's ASG was that EVERY pitcher was consistently pitching in the 90s with serious heat.

Do even one of our starters pitch consistently in the 90s? I don't think so. Maybe Gibson, but who knows how good he will be.

From what I read and listen, perhaps a low-tier #2, top tier #3 in a good rotation.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Starting to look at some fantasy football stuff. Ponder was last out of 39 QBs (with at least 100 passes) in Depth of Throw. It wouldn't be so terrible, but hes last by almost an ENTIRE yard.

Hammertime04

Apr 22, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Appears Minnesota will be quiet at the deadline.

Pirates will most definitely be looking for a reliever after Grilli left the game and was placed on the DL. I am hoping they will give us an offer that we can't refuse for Perkins. They will certainly be desperate to not pull a "Pirates" again and miss the playoffs.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

ozzie-guillen-choke.jpg

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
A coach from Latin America would stop these guys from being discipline problems? I doubt that.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
According to the article, they have assistants that speak Spanish and that isn't enough. Maybe a Latin American coach can help them relate better, but I don't think it is going to stop them from being a problem child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad