OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
One huge problem I have with the NBA is the final few minutes take forever with all the damn timeouts and intentional fouls and stalling in between free throws and whistles. I swear to god it takes at least 20 minutes for the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and another 20 for the last 2 minutes of each OT period as necessary.

I swear it will get so long one day, that you could walk into a restaurant with 2:00 left in the 4th, go through the menu, order a sizable amount of food, wait for the food, eat the food, get the cheque, and walk out the door as time expires. I might just try that one day as a random and meaningless experiment :laugh:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/16/how-long-does-the-final-minute-of-an-nba-game-last/

Last minute took 5.4 minutes all last year. And that's counting all blowouts that have no stoppages in the final minute.

Also shows that a game on ESPN, TNT, and ABC takes 15 minutes longer than a locally televised game.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
One huge problem I have with the NBA is the final few minutes take forever with all the damn timeouts and intentional fouls and stalling in between free throws and whistles. I swear to god it takes at least 20 minutes for the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and another 20 for the last 2 minutes of each OT period as necessary.

I swear it will get so long one day, that you could walk into a restaurant with 2:00 left in the 4th, go through the menu, order a sizable amount of food, wait for the food, eat the food, get the cheque, and walk out the door as time expires. I might just try that one day as a random and meaningless experiment :laugh:

Actually that happened to me already. The GF and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings one night and when we sat down there was 3 minutes left in a wolves game. We browsed the menu, ordered, ate, and got the check just as the game finished.

I'm not exaggerating here.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Actually that happened to me already. The GF and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings one night and when we sat down there was 3 minutes left in a wolves game. We browsed the menu, ordered, ate, and got the check just as the game finished.

I'm not exaggerating here.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

No way... no ****ing way. I can't ****ing breathe.

All I'm gonna say is... you sure the game didn't go to OT in between all that and you just didn't notice? Because if that's the case... wow, my 20 minute figure might just need some updating. That had to have been at least 35, 40 minutes.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

No way... no ****ing way. I can't ****ing breathe.

All I'm gonna say is... you sure the game didn't go to OT in between all that and you just didn't notice? Because if that's the case... wow, my 20 minute figure might just need some updating. That had to have been at least 35, 40 minutes.

Honestly I have no ****ing idea. I was watching some hockey game on another one of their TV's the whole time.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Raps already with 5 team fouls against, so the Hawks in the bonus less than halfway through the 1st. Ahhhh, the NBA is so ****ing awful :rant::laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Watching the World Series.

I want the Royals to win.

Baseball needs a good small market feel good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad