OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm assuming this thread can just be used as a catch all for random other sports, as well? Soccer/random MLB, NFL, NBA games?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
teddy-bridgewater-vikings.png

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Louisville quarterback wasn't just competent against a pass rush; he was better than anybody else in the class. He completed 53.5 percent of his passes under duress, according to ESPN Stats and Information, throwing for 508 yards and connecting on seven touchdown passes against one interception. Only Florida State's Jameis Winston and Missouri's James Franklin were better. Bridgewater hit 70.1 percent of his throws against pass rushes of five or more; UCLA's Brett Hundley was the only FBS QB with a higher completion percentage.

But once offensive coordinator Norv Turner started coaching Bridgewater during a workout in Florida last month, Spielman said, "some of the flaws you may have seen during the original pro day, those things were getting corrected, and getting corrected quickly."

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/6614/handling-pressure-set-bridgewater-apart

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Love our picks, Barr is raw clay that I think Zimmer will mold into a weapon and Teddy has so much talent that I am glad we got him. I am kind of hoping we end up with aj mccarron in the 6th or 7th as well

To the people here saying that Barr doesn't set their world on fire need to realise that he is still young and he still has learning to do. Also he won't make an impact every game and on every play which seems like some people are expecting him to do, he is a solid LB and I am quite pleased about him being a viking

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So the Vikings got their QB after I went to bed! Hmm, well good for them.

I was happy Manziel went to the Browns. I wanted the Browns to take him at #8/#9 so at #22 that's fantastic. Cleveland seems to be the ultimate winner of the draft so far.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

I was happy Manziel went to the Browns. I wanted the Browns to take him at #8/#9 so at #22 that's fantastic. Cleveland seems to be the ultimate winner of the draft so far.

Cleveland and Detroit are the winners of the draft every single year. Seems to work out well for them. They can have that title.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Woohoo Bridgewater!! I think this will turn out positive for the Vikings but only time will tell. I also like Barr too. I'm glad we went with a linebacker for the first pick.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

"Cleveland" and "winner" should never be together in the same sentence.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Cleveland and Detroit are the winners of the draft every single year. Seems to work out well for them. They can have that title.
They'll be good next year. They played pretty well with Hoyer at QB, now change that to Manziel + Justin Gilbert opposite of Joe Haden. There's great potential with the Browns this upcoming year.
"Cleveland" and "winner" should never be together in the same sentence.

Neither should "Vikings" and "winner" unless you have an ex Packer showing you how to win. Please, these statements are just silly.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hell I would've drafted Manziel just for the pure marketing purposes. And the fact that he is Fran Tarkenton 2.0

The Vikings don't need to draft someone for marketing purposes. This is a Vikings town.

The Wild, Twins, and Wolves are the ones who might want to think about drafting someone for marketing purposes.

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
Liked the picks last night. Loved the not taking of Manziel. Might have gone with Mosley over Barr, but they know better than I.

I really liked Mosley too but I'm not going to criticize for passing on him. They had their reasons for picking Barr over him. And I am so thankful we didn't fall for the Manziel hype. I think he is going to bust big time. I don't know what to think about Bridgewater, I don't follow football too much. But I like that we used our first pick for a guy who can fill a hole right away (I think, anyways).

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Okay with the draft, granted not super enthused about it.

The best part about it in my view is that this draft will cement Spielman's future with this franchise. This draft determines whether he's here for the long haul or out the door in two years time. I think (and hope) it's the latter.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm happy that the Vikings ended up with Bridgewater...my only concern is the fact that he plays with a glove on his throwing hand. Seems kind of odd to me.

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
Okay with the draft, granted not super enthused about it.

The best part about it in my view is that this draft will cement Spielman's future with this franchise. This draft determines whether he's here for the long haul or out the door in two years time. I think (and hope) it's the latter.

I'm not sure. What's different about this draft than the last few with Spielman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad