OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
And it wasted a draft pick. That's a no go. Plenty of okay punters out there to not waste a pick on. If you use a pick on a punter he better be worth 4 successful fake punts a year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'd love to draft a punter/QB hybrid. That would be a blast.

An NFL quarterback who is also an NFL grade punter?

Would give opposing special teams fits. Never know if it's gonna be a punt or a fake.

Same reason I think starting QB's should still be holders for field goals.

Need more fake outs.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So tonight is game 7 of the world series and the Toronto Raptors (my NBA team) play their season opener tonight. I'll be busy again tonight.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
dog-playing-basketball.gif

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Legit, ESPN is really annoying when it comes to their basketball coverage. It's tabloid on the level of TMZ. It's a joke of an organization. Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are absolutely horrible. Imagine the idiocy of Glenn Healy, PJ Stock, and Mike Milbury all combined, multiplied by 2, and infused into 2 bodies, you get Bayless and Smith. Hell, they do nothing but spew **** out of their ass and talk anything but basketball. They constantly bash Toronto and Canada in general, and have nothing constructive to say. Hell, during game 7 last year between the Raptors and Nets, ESPN kept talking about Toronto's failures in sports, constantly rubbing in the fact that we suck. Oh, and they showed game 7 Leafs vs Bruins highlights in the middle of that game. Yes, that's right, ESPN hates Toronto SO MUCH that they have to show hockey, the one sport they truly despise, just so they can continuing putting Toronto down and somehow tie the Raptors to Leafs the year before. It's abysmal and an absolute bush league organization.

Oh, and here is a gem from Chris "multiple sources" Broussard:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

He... I... he just said... :facepalm:. SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Speaking of, I'll definitely keep an eye on how Wiggins does with the Wolves, as will many of my fellow Raptor fans given the amount of following he gets up here. Wish him nothing but the best.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Oh, and here is a gem from Chris "multiple sources" Broussard:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

He... I... he just said... :facepalm:. SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Speaking of, I'll definitely keep an eye on how Wiggins does with the Wolves, as will many of my fellow Raptor fans given the amount of following he gets up here. Wish him nothing but the best.

Not going to lie, I had the same thought when it first started to look like we were going to get Wiggins.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The weird thing, I enjoy college basketball (to a point, I don't love it or anything. I went to several Gopher basketball games at school, mainly out of school pride, and because the student section was fun), but the NBA seems so fake and uninteresting to me, for whatever reason.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
One huge problem I have with the NBA is the final few minutes take forever with all the damn timeouts and intentional fouls and stalling in between free throws and whistles. I swear to god it takes at least 20 minutes for the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and another 20 for the last 2 minutes of each OT period as necessary.

I swear it will get so long one day, that you could walk into a restaurant with 2:00 left in the 4th, go through the menu, order a sizable amount of food, wait for the food, eat the food, get the cheque, and walk out the door as time expires. I might just try that one day as a random and meaningless experiment :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad