Pre-Game Talk: Minnesota @ Montreal

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
Remind me why Gallagher had to come off the top line to begin with? It was working for the first 7 or 8 games of the season. put him back there!

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Remind me why Gallagher had to come off the top line to begin with? It was working for the first 7 or 8 games of the season. put him back there!

Something about Gally's style fitting more a 3rd line than a first, not having exactly the skills of a 1st liner

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Pacioretty Plekanec Parenteau
Galchenyuk DD Weise
Sekac Eller Gallagher
Prust Mallhotra Moen

Borque out. Give that forward group a try, Max and Pleks have great chemistry and speed and PA has the hands, all 3 know what to do offensively and defensively, they would get us going.

Separate DD and Max or continue the same old trends.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Pacioretty Plekanec Parenteau
Galchenyuk DD Weise
Sekac Eller Gallagher
Prust Mallhotra Moen

Borque out. Give that forward group a try, Max and Pleks have great chemistry and speed and PA has the hands, all 3 know what to do offensively and defensively, they would get us going.

Separate DD and Max or continue the same old trends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Weise is a 4th liner, he should stay there. An injury such as Bournival's is the ideal opportunity where you can call up a few guys from the minors and let them gain experience in the league, that's how a team can progress.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I'm not liking Gallagher with Pleks and Galchenyuk. The offense from that line just seems to die whenever Gallagher has the puck either from a useless shot or a dump in. I'd rather Gallagher with Eller. Both guys are good at forechecking and winning battles along the boards which should get a good cycle going.

I completely agree with you. We were at our best when we had three lines producing. Give Eller a winger who can actually put the puck in the net.

Patches - DD - Pap
Chucky - Pleks - Weise
Sekac- Eller - Gally
Moen - Manny - Prust

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Weise is a 4th liner, he should stay there. An injury such as Bournival's is the ideal opportunity where you can call up a few guys from the minors and let them gain experience in the league, that's how a team can progress.

The issue isn't whether or not he's a 4th liner, it's that he's playing better than pretty much all of our other RW. He has more offensive upside right now than Prust or Bourque, and he mainly provides that net front presence that virtually no one else on our roster is providing.

Plus, I really don't feel like injecting another midget into our lineup is going to help at the moment, especially considering DLR has yet to find his offensive game in North America.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
The Wild struggled to generate any offense in their last game as well. This will be interesting.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I'd scratch Moen for that one. Bourque isnt producing much but it's still more than Moen. Our PK will be effective anyway with Malhotra-Prust and Plekanec-Pacioretty

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Parenteau
Gallagher – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Bourque – Eller – Sekac
Prust – Malhotra – Weise

No, it really isnt. Bourque is costing us goals and is generally 100% useless: no PP, no PK, not fast, no effort, no nothing. Moen in the lineup doesnt cost us goal, drives posession along the boards and plays the PK like a ****ing pro.

Moen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bourque, and it's not even close.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Not a fan of Prust being on the 3rd line, but not much of a choice right now. Here's hoping we can score a goal or two in this one.

Barring that, I'll take a win any other way.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Something about Gally's style fitting more a 3rd line than a first, not having exactly the skills of a 1st liner

I believe the decision had something to do with the poll here on the HF boards actually, amazing the knowledge gained here by the professionals. The Chief Scout for the Minnesota Wild will be attending the ceremonies tonight apparently, it must mean a trade is in the works! Nice to mix business with pleasure, for all of us Guy Lapointe fans on his special night, truly one of the best in the game and a comedian as well. Very important player in 6 Stanley Cup triumphs for Montreal Canadiens, The Big Three(The best shot & like an extra forward as Scotty Bowman said) during the 70's dynasty team, the Summit Series for Team Canada & the 76 Team Canada(IMHO the best team ever) and a Hall of Famer, that is now acknowledged by retiring his #5 as it should be!:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I'm not liking Gallagher with Pleks and Galchenyuk. The offense from that line just seems to die whenever Gallagher has the puck either from a useless shot or a dump in. I'd rather Gallagher with Eller. Both guys are good at forechecking and winning battles along the boards which should get a good cycle going.

I agree. Now, I will never question his work ethic night in / out. however, he tends to shoot from anywhere without looking where his linemates are. Furthermore, when he's dumping the puck, he retrieves it to try and shoot from an impossible angle.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Minnesota is a buzzsaw. We better be ready. If we thought Calgary skated hard...Parise is out tho ..

This would be my lineup.

Patches - DD - Bourque (he has to play top 6 RW, or trade him - he's not a left winger - and they need more size on this line cuz of DD)
Chucky - Pleks - Pap
Sekac - Eller - Gally
Prust - Manny - Weise

Tinordi - PK
Markov - Beaulieu
Emelin - Gilbert

Sekac needs to play. Gallagher is a third liner. Moen to the bench.

Tinordi should be playing.

Last edited:

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Whats with Gallagher? He is NOT performing at my expectations this year! Hockey Sence close to none. Gallgher- Plekanec - Galchenyuk is pretty meh

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
RDS trying to stir **** up again, showing practice footage of Subban and Galchenyuk being intense.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I used to be a Ak46 habs fan. Then I was a habs fan. Now I'm a Sekac habs fan.

Show them what you got yergé!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad