Lines and D pairings at practice:

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Parenteau
Gallagher – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Prust – Eller – Sekac
Weise/Bourque – Malhotra – Moen

Gilbert – Beaulieu
Subban – Markov
Emelin – Weaver

So Sekac remains in the lineup, which is good. Prust on the 3rd...bleh.

First of a 4 game home stand. Hopefully things get on track.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=33539

So Sekac remains in the lineup, which is good. Prust on the 3rd...bleh.

First of a 4 game home stand. Hopefully things get on track.

Eh, I'd rather a guy from Ham rather than Prust on 3rd line but even if we called one, Therrien wouldn't let him play so I guess we'll have to settle with this. Glad to see PAP on 1st and Weise on 4th, evrything finally back as it should be.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Anyone else expecting the Habs to get shutout in this one? Both teams have brutal PP's. Habs PP (3 for 38) 7.9%. Wild PP (2 for 38) 5.3%.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'd scratch Moen for that one. Bourque isnt producing much but it's still more than Moen. Our PK will be effective anyway with Malhotra-Prust and Plekanec-Pacioretty

Bourque – Eller – Sekac
Prust – Malhotra – Weise

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm not liking Gallagher with Pleks and Galchenyuk. The offense from that line just seems to die whenever Gallagher has the puck either from a useless shot or a dump in. I'd rather Gallagher with Eller. Both guys are good at forechecking and winning battles along the boards which should get a good cycle going.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I'd scratch Moen for that one. Bourque isnt producing much but it's still more than Moen. Our PK will be effective anyway with Malhotra-Prust and Plekanec-Pacioretty

Bourque – Eller – Sekac
Prust – Malhotra – Weise

Not Bork please. Why waste ice time on a finished veteran instead of a young with potential? Oh yeah, Therrien :shakehead

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Anyone else expecting the Habs to get shutout in this one? Both teams have brutal PP's. Habs PP (3 for 38) 7.9%. Wild PP (2 for 38) 5.3%.

Remember last season we started a winning streak by winning 6-2 or something vs Wild at home. I'd like that happening this time as well

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Parenteau was looking great with Tomas and Alex, why'd MT separate them? oh wait I think I know the answer...

anywho we should go with:
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Malholtra-Moen

for this game

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Parenteau was looking great with Tomas and Alex, why'd MT separate them? oh wait I think I know the answer...

Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Malholtra-Moen

for this game

This lineup would make sense with a guy from Hamilton instead of Weise (not a 1st liner). However that won't happen under MT, which is why we see the lines we got.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This lineup would make sense with a guy from Hamilton instead of Weise (not a 1st liner). However that won't happen under MT, which is why we see the lines we got.

DD and Pac only need someone to do the dirty work to get either of them the puck. Once DD gets the puck his Pacioretty tunnel vision mode gets activated. Putting a good offensive player with those guys would seem like a waste since he'd rarely get a pass from either of them.

Oct 22, 2012
oof, Weise on that top line makes me cringe everytime

Pay for top RW now, get a dman in the off season. The market is demanding dmen, I'd trade Emelin now, and acquire a stop gap stay at home guy. Then at season end we should know where our prospects are, and if we need to make the push for a Staal, Green, or Sekera, then we can.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Malholtra-Moen

for this game

I'd go

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bournival (Andrighetto until Bourni is healthy)
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Prust/Bourque-Malholtra-Weise

Last edited:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
DD and Pac only need someone to do the dirty work to get either of them the puck. Once DD gets the puck his Pacioretty tunnel vision mode gets activated. Putting a good offensive player with those guys would seem like a waste since he'd rarely get a pass from either of them.

Not that you're entirely wrong about DD and Pac, that tunnel vision is one reason I'd split them, but if you got Pac and Weise as your 2 options, I wouldn't even be looking at Weise either. That's why I think a goal scorer from Ham (Andrighetto or even Thomas) could give other options and make this line more dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad