GDT: Minnesota in town to get set ablaze by the CALGARY FLAMES. 7PM MTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
So you want him to center the 4th line instead?
No, I am asking you a simple q. If you are criticising a 4th liner who is signed to a mil per year, who has clearly outperformed a guy, who nearly eats 6 mil per year and who has been awarded a whopping 2 secondary assists in his last 14 games. Where do you see him if you are negative about Ryan? Should he be playing? Should he be not eating a popcorn?

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Ryan on the 4th line is a correct decision. Between 2 plugs, his next stop is the popcorn row

You can't have 2 weaklings ( Ryan and czarnik ) on the same line and if you put czarnik on the 2nd line then what to do with Bennett?

Ryan has been great this season and especially since about the 7 or 8 game mark.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Damn what else does Czarnik have to do to stick in the lineup?
I really wonder if it’s something like an attitude issue or something that got him in Peters’ doghouse

Does make you wonder. He was scratched an awful lot in Boston too. I think he's definitely a better player than Lomberg and Hathaway but it's not like he's really blowing up here the way some thought he would. Might just be Peters sending a message he needs to up his game. I don't know if I agree with him sitting but I do like that Bill is keeping the lineup fresh with changes every or every other game. Keeps guys hungry. Not seeing near as much complacency in the Flames as 2017-18 under Gully.

Need these 2 BIG points. Ducks have won 5 in a row, VGK is figuring it out, even the Coyotes have won 4 straight. Gotta set the pace and not get bogged down with the other teams in the division (except for the Canucks and laughable Kings).

Wait, what? That's mildly shocking. The Sharks, Ducks, and Golden Knights we have reason to be worried about. The Coyotes and Oilers just don't have enough scoring depth to remain in the picture IMO.

I hate playing the Wild, vet team with a great blueline that can really stifle offense. Boudreau teams are always dirty too. Flames will have to be skating well in this one. Hoping to see that third line get something done offensively. Perhaps Neal can bank one off Suter's face like Tkachuk did to Dumba

Jg5uxMO.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Does make you wonder. He was scratched an awful lot in Boston too. I think he's definitely a better player than Lomberg and Hathaway but it's not like he's really blowing up here the way some thought he would. Might just be Peters sending a message he needs to up his game. I don't know if I agree with him sitting but I do like that Bill is keeping the lineup fresh with changes every or every other game. Keeps guys hungry. Not seeing near as much complacency in the Flames as 2017-18 under Gully.

Wait, what? That's mildly shocking. The Sharks, Ducks, and Golden Knights we have reason to be worried about. The Coyotes and Oilers just don't have enough scoring depth to remain in the picture IMO.

I hate playing the Wild, vet team with a great blueline that can really stifle offense. Boudreau teams are always dirty too. Flames will have to be skating well in this one. Hoping to see that third line get something done offensively. Perhaps Neal can bank one off Suter's face like Tkachuk did to Dumba

Jg5uxMO.gif

I know Tkachuk wears #19 but preeeetty sure he doesn't shoot right nor does the name on his jersey read "Jones"

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I know Tkachuk wears #19 but preeeetty sure he doesn't shoot right nor does the name on his jersey read "Jones"

Oh then that was longer ago than I thought :laugh: Makes a bit more sense to see Jones firing a wrister at the corner glass than it does Tkachuk.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No, I am asking you a simple q. If you are criticising a 4th liner who is signed to a mil per year, who has clearly outperformed a guy, who nearly eats 6 mil per year and who has been awarded a whopping 2 secondary assists in his last 14 games. Where do you see him if you are negative about Ryan? Should he be playing? Should he be not eating a popcorn?

No man, Ryan made at least 2 bone head plays that resulted in goal against in the last couple games. Jank outplayed him period. 4th line for Ryan and 3 Rd line for jank is the correct decision.

Neal on the other hand is still better than the other 2 plumbers on the 4th line

If you just go with points then should Bennett be in the Ahl?

I know you hate Neal and there is valid reasons but he still has a role on the team until someone can replace him

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.​

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.​
Can I type fart jokes on it? If I can type fart jokes I'll be there after I make a very special deposit.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
FWIW I didn't post this games song; it is brought you by the greatest band of all time Death:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad