Proposal: Minnesota and NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Here no, because posting stats is extremely off topic from the thread. If you want to make a thread to discuss how good Kaprizov is sure
That's what I thought. Not surprised from the same guy who posted this within the last week:
You say that like Fiala is a much better player than Mangiapane.

Either clearly have an infatuation with Calgary players or a strong dislike of Minnesota players. Coin toss either way.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Ledge And Dairy

That's what I thought. Not surprised from the same guy who posted this within the last week:

Either clearly have an infatuation with Calgary players or a strong dislike of Minnesota players. Coin toss either way.
Lol you're a troll. None of what I said there or here is incorrect. What's your argument for Fiala being much better? his points? Then I guess there is no question Gaudreau is much better than Kaprizov right?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lol you're a troll. None of what I said there or here is incorrect. What's your argument for Fiala being much better? his points? Then I guess there is no question Gaudreau is much better than Kaprizov right?
Fiala outscored Mangiapane by 30 points and you implied they are similar level players. Kaprizov had 2 less points than Draisaitl, yet I'm the troll here for suggesting they are in the same tier?

ES:
Kaprizov 81GP 33G 44A 77PTS 15:46 ES TOI
Draisaitl 80GP 30G 38A 68PTS 17:34 ES TOI

Even strength Kaprizov outproduces Draisaitl while also playing almost 2 minutes less per game.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Fiala outscored Mangiapane by 30 points and you implied they are similar level players. Kaprizov had 2 less points than Draisaitl, yet I'm the troll here for suggesting they are in the same tier?

ES:
Kaprizov 81GP 33G 44A 77PTS 15:46 ES TOI
Draisaitl 80GP 30G 38A 68PTS 17:34 ES TOI

Even strength Kaprizov outproduces Draisaitl while also playing almost 2 minutes less of even strength hockey per game.
Ah yes so all you know how to do is count points. That's the end of that discussion, have a nice day

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ah yes so all you know how to do is count points. That's the end of that discussion, have a nice day
You have no argument. Certainly you're not gonna sit here and imply that Draisaitl is better at defense? What is so awful about me saying these players are the same tier:

5v5
CF%
Kaprizov 53.64%
Draisaitl 50.55%

FF%
Kaprizov 53.07%
Draisaitl 49.68%

SF%
Kaprizov 52.23%
Draisaitl 49.61%

GF%
Kaprizov 59.2%
Draisaitl 54.03%

xGF%
Kaprizov 53.97%
Draisaitl 50.07%

SCF%
Kaprizov 55.72%
Draisaitl 48.91%

HDCF%
Kaprizov 50%
Draisaitl 50.46%

HDGF%
Kaprizov 52.94%
Draisaitl 55.56%

? The eye test tells me they are similar players. The stats tell me they are similar. The advanced stats tell me they are similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwiztedHeat

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
Best passer in the league, but somehow didn't have more assists than Kaprizov?
Ouf, not every pass becomes an assist pal. Please keep telling us how your biased opinion is worth more than the +500 NHL players that were polled this year.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ouf, not every pass becomes an assist pal. Please keep telling us how your biased opinion is worth more than the +500 NHL players that were polled this year.
The 500 players put McDavid behind Backstrom in terms of passing. That’s absurd.

They put a washed MAF as a top 3 goalie if you had to win one game.

But go on about how their opinion is so great.

Patiently waiting.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think it’s fair to give Hughes a couple more years to see who is better . Right now , I’d say Kaprizov but maybe wait until Jack gets a couple more seasons under his belt first to say who the better player is

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
The 500 players put McDavid behind Backstrom in terms of passing. That’s absurd.

They put a washed MAF as a top 3 goalie if you had to win one game.

But go on about how their opinion is so great.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The fact of the matter is, yours is in the minority.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The fact of the matter is, yours is in the minority.
It's such a dumb way of "proving" the point. I guess, by the same logic, MAF is better than Shesterkin, Saros, Kuemper, Sorokin, Demko, Oettinger, etc. If you say otherwise then you're entitled to your opinion... But the fact of the matter is, your's is in the minority.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Wait until you see what Kaprizov did from year 1 to year 2.

Kaprizov wasn’t even a ppg in the KHL when he was Hughes age.

Yes, Kaprizov is better right now, but looking at Hughes’ trajectory, it’s not outlandish to think he’ll be as good or maybe even better than Kaprizov when all is said and done. Given their ages and contracts too…the Devils would certainly pass.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Kaprizov is a great player but Jack Hughes has one of, if not the best contract in the entire league. To have a 21 year old center (most important position) who put up 1.14 ppg signed for another 8 years at only 8 million makes him a steal. No team in the league would trade a #1 21 year old center whose locked up on a steal of a long term contract. Jack Hughes can only improve from this point on. Any GM who makes this trade would be fired on the spot.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
what really is funny for me, is that the posters, which i remember as minnesota fans on the mainboard aren't posting here.

seems like we discuss here with the kaprizov fanboys.

Both teams would decline a Kaprizov for Hughes swap, but Minnesota is much more likely to accept given age, term and position. That said, unless there was reason to think Kaprizov wanted out, or was causing other issues on or off the ice, Minnesota would rather keep him, as he's their own "homegrown" superstar, and the fans absolutely adore him.

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
It's such a dumb way of "proving" the point. I guess, by the same logic, MAF is better than Shesterkin, Saros, Kuemper, Sorokin, Demko, Oettinger, etc. If you say otherwise then you're entitled to your opinion... But the fact of the matter is, your's is in the minority.
You have to look at the criteria of the question and the poll. It likely took months to acquire this data, when is it you think they polled the 500+ players? Oettinger hadn't played a full season yet.. some of these goalies like Shesterkin hadn't even played a playoff game yet. For 1 Game, do or die, would choose a goalie with limited to no experience or a 3 time SC champion months removed from a Vezina. These 500+ players regularly get to see these skill sets live and up close, it's a great way to prove a point.

Let's try your logic instead.

"Best passer in the league, but somehow didn't have more assists than Kaprizov?"

Guess this makes Drai the better shooter cause he had more goals and a better Shooting %?

Take your pick, case closed.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Kaprizov wasn’t even a ppg in the KHL when he was Hughes age.

Yes, Kaprizov is better right now, but looking at Hughes’ trajectory, it’s not outlandish to think he’ll be as good or maybe even better than Kaprizov when all is said and done. Given their ages and contracts too…the Devils would certainly pass.
Good? Because Kaprizov isn't being offered......it's Fiala.

And who gives a f' about the KHL or ppg when 49 games is the sample? Previous pace has no bearing on actual trajectory, it's just a hopeful data point......Hughes will need to turn it into actual production including get lucky, stay healthy, not become a PITA, etc. Again, wonderful player but pump the brakes before comparing him to a guy that has a 100pt season on the resume' already.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Good? Because Kaprizov isn't being offered......it's Fiala.

And who gives a f' about the KHL or ppg when 49 games is the sample? Previous pace has no bearing on actual trajectory, it's just a hopeful data point......Hughes will need to turn it into actual production including get lucky, stay healthy, not become a PITA, etc. Again, wonderful player but pump the brakes before comparing him to a guy that has a 100pt season on the resume' already.

Lol the entire premise of the thread is Hughes for Kaprizov.

And if you want to “pump the breaks” on Hughes’ breakout season because of sample size - why aren’t you doing that with Kaprizov? You’re acting like he’s a perennial 100 point scorer - he might be, but that remains to be seen. Even if you want to discount what Kaprizov did at in the KHL at Hughes’ age, how about we compare Kaprizov’s only other NHL season when he was 23 and scored 5 less points in 6 more games than a 20 year old Hughes.

Again, sure Kaprizov is better now, but they’re not as far apart as you’re making it out to be. Then considering age and contracts - that just doesn’t seem like a smart trade for the Devils to make. No need to be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad