Proposal: Minnesota and NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I was simply implying that we would be in a cap crunch. It's naive of you to think a big Devs fan would forget that Minny lured away our captain. Enjoy the buyout(s).
Wow, still feeling hurt about it? Get over it. Big name players leave teams all the time. I don't remember Wild fans getting that upset when Gaborik made his way to the Rangers.

man take your freaking homer glasses off. Not a chance that Kap is in Draisaitl's tier
If you did even a little bit of digging you'd probably realize how wrong you are.

Ledge And Dairy

Kaprizov is defniitely in the same caliber as Draisaitl, which isn't far from McDavid.

I am willing to bet you haven't seen enough of Kaprizov to warrant having an opinion on him outside of stat watching.
Kaprizov is a good player but he is a step below Gaudreau and Gaudreau is below Draisaitl so I completely disagree with your take.

I've watched him a bunch actually, he's very entertaining to see play

Ledge And Dairy

That's a bizarre coment. Both are top 5-10 players in the league.
This comment is absurd. 1. McDavid isn't anywhere but #1, if you have him in the 5-10 range across the league you are on drugs. 2. You are also saying Kaprizov is a top 10 player in the league which is extremely debatable, top 10 left winger sure, top 20 player sure. But not 100% a top 10 player

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
what really is funny for me, is that the posters, which i remember as minnesota fans on the mainboard aren't posting here.

seems like we discuss here with the kaprizov fanboys.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
what really is funny for me, is that the posters, which i remember as minnesota fans on the mainboard aren't posting here.

seems like we discuss here with the kaprizov fanboys.
?

There are at least two regular Minnesota posters on this page alone and 5+ regular Minnesota posters across this thread.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
?

There are at least two regular Minnesota posters on this page alone and 5+ regular Minnesota posters across this thread.
without looking up i remember bazook, akl and 57special.

akl posted without getting into the value of the trade, if i remember correctly.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
without looking up i remember bazook, akl and 57special.

akl posted without getting into the value of the trade, if i remember correctly.
Ahhh, I see. I'm not a Minnesota fan. Just a Kaprizov fan boy.

DeagleJenkins with the Minnesota Wild avatar? Just a Kaprizov fan boy.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
the Rangers "rebuild" went faster than the Devils because of the following factors:

- they got a Norris caliber DMan to force his way onto the team
- they signed arguably the best UFA forward of all-time
- they got lucky on a late round goalie who has turned into a stud
- they had a LOT more pieces to trade off than the Devils did when their rebuild started, which netted them many extra first round picks to use to acquire other players (I think it was 4-5 in total or something like that)

the Rangers drafts of the past few years don't look great. The above is why they are better off.

The other reasons help but it’s really just down to Igor. He is the sole difference maker.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
all but maybe skating. Draisaitl is simply a better player. This isn't hard to comprehend. Draisaitl is the same player as MacKinnon but without the speed
MacKinnon's best asset is his speed... I wouldn't say MacKinnon without his speed is better than Kaprizov.

The fact that you say "maybe skating" as if Kaprizov's skating isn't way better than Draisaitl's is amusing.
NHLPA player poll says Draisaitl is the best passer in the league this year.
Best passer in the league, but somehow didn't have more assists than Kaprizov?

Ledge And Dairy

MacKinnon's best asset is his speed... I wouldn't say MacKinnon without his speed is better than Kaprizov.

The fact that you say "maybe skating" as if Kaprizov's skating isn't way better than Draisaitl's is amusing.

Best passer in the league, but somehow didn't have more assists than Kaprizov?
MacKinnon's very fast yes but his best asset is his hockey IQ. Draisaitl is an average to slightly above average skater. So besides their speed they are basically the same player. Built like a tank and extremely skilled. Kaprizov may be a better skater, idk, haven't seen them race

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
MacKinnon's very fast yes but his best asset is his hockey IQ. Draisaitl is an average to slightly above average skater. So besides their speed they are basically the same player. Built like a tank and extremely skilled. Kaprizov may be a better skater, idk, haven't seen them race
You do know that skating ability isn't just about speed, right?

The more you talk, it becomes more and more clear you haven't seen Kaprizov. He is built like a tank and he is definitely extremely skilled.

Ledge And Dairy

You do know that skating ability isn't just about speed, right?

The more you talk, it becomes more and more clear you haven't seen Kaprizov. He is built like a tank and he is definitely extremely skilled.
I think it's just very clear that you overrate him. There is no question he is a good player but he is still an inferior player to Gaudreau who is inferior to Draisaitl

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think it's just very clear that you overrate him. There is no question he is a good player but he is still an inferior player to Gaudreau who is inferior to Draisaitl
I think it's very clear you are drastically downplaying the type of player Kaprizov is.

Let's start nice and simple:

What makes Gaudreau a better player than Kaprizov?

Ledge And Dairy

I think it's very clear you are drastically downplaying the type of player Kaprizov is.

Let's start nice and simple:

What makes Gaudreau a better player than Kaprizov?
More dynamic. They are similar calibers but Gaudreau is slightly better. I really don't see a purpose in discussing this anymore though as it's quite clear how bias you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot