Proposal: Minnesota and NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Lol the entire premise of the thread is Hughes for Kaprizov.

And if you want to “pump the breaks” on Hughes’ breakout season because of sample size - why aren’t you doing that with Kaprizov? You’re acting like he’s a perennial 100 point scorer - he might be, but that remains to be seen. Even if you want to discount what Kaprizov did at in the KHL at Hughes’ age, how about we compare Kaprizov’s only other NHL season when he was 23 and scored 5 less points in 6 more games than a 20 year old Hughes.

Again, sure Kaprizov is better now, but they’re not as far apart as you’re making it out to be. Then considering age and contracts - that just doesn’t seem like a smart trade for the Devils to make. No need to be offended.
You're right, I forgot that. There has been so much Fiala to NJ I got lost.

Simple, because hitting 100 is the goal when discussing "elite". There is no point speculating what Kaprizov can be, he has done it. Now it is "can he do it again?" Hughes, has not yet done anything so we are trying to figure out what it is he can be.

I'm not discounting it, I'm saying it doesn't matter. We already know what Kapriov has become and Hughes is clearly too good to play in the KHL at all. That doesn't mean he can't fall on his face next year....we don't know yet.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
You're right, I forgot that. There has been so much Fiala to NJ I got lost.

Simple, because hitting 100 is the goal when discussing "elite". There is no point speculating what Kaprizov can be, he has done it. Now it is "can he do it again?" Hughes, has not yet done anything so we are trying to figure out what it is he can be.

I'm not discounting it, I'm saying it doesn't matter. We already know what Kapriov has become and Hughes is clearly too good to play in the KHL at all. That doesn't mean he can't fall on his face next year....we don't know yet.

I get it. And sure, there’s a possibility Kaprizov goes on to put up multiple 100 point seasons and Hughes never reaches that level. I also don’t think any Devils fans are in here claiming Hughes is the better player right now. It’s just given where NJ is at in their rebuild: Hughes’ contract status is absolutely massive - it also doesn’t hurt that he’s a few years younger. I also think most Devils fans understand why MN wouldn’t do the deal either as they’d be giving up the currently better player and more proven asset for someone who might be as good (or maybe even better) one day - or he might not. Only time will tell.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Let's try your logic instead.

"Best passer in the league, but somehow didn't have more assists than Kaprizov?"

Guess this makes Drai the better shooter cause he had more goals and a better Shooting %?

Take your pick, case closed.
When you take away McDavid throwing alley-oops to Draisaitl on the power play:

ES:
Kaprizov 81GP 33G 44A 77PTS 15:46 ES TOI
Draisaitl 80GP 30G 38A 68PTS 17:34 ES TOI

Again, I'm not saying Kaprizov is better than Draisaitl. I'm saying Kaprizov is in the same tier as Draisaitl.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
When you take away McDavid throwing alley-oops to Draisaitl on the power play:

ES:
Kaprizov 81GP 33G 44A 77PTS 15:46 ES TOI
Draisaitl 80GP 30G 38A 68PTS 17:34 ES TOI

Again, I'm not saying Kaprizov is better than Draisaitl. I'm saying Kaprizov is in the same tier as Draisaitl.
Between the two I would rather have Kap. Just my opinion.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He is? I don’t know about that. Hughes has a super high ceiling. And his progress from his rookie season to year 2 was impressive.

Man if you ask fans of other 30 teams who's the better player I'm pretty sure Kaprizov will get close to 100% votes.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I get it. And sure, there’s a possibility Kaprizov goes on to put up multiple 100 point seasons and Hughes never reaches that level. I also don’t think any Devils fans are in here claiming Hughes is the better player right now. It’s just given where NJ is at in their rebuild: Hughes’ contract status is absolutely massive - it also doesn’t hurt that he’s a few years younger. I also think most Devils fans understand why MN wouldn’t do the deal either as they’d be giving up the currently better player and more proven asset for someone who might be as good (or maybe even better) one day - or he might not. Only time will tell.
100%. The fact that he locked in for 8 years is giant, I wouldn't move a young stud that WANTS to be with my organization either.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Good? Because Kaprizov isn't being offered......it's Fiala.

And who gives a f' about the KHL or ppg when 49 games is the sample? Previous pace has no bearing on actual trajectory, it's just a hopeful data point......Hughes will need to turn it into actual production including get lucky, stay healthy, not become a PITA, etc. Again, wonderful player but pump the brakes before comparing him to a guy that has a 100pt season on the resume' already.

literally what

Reactions: Guttersniped

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
This comment is absurd. 1. McDavid isn't anywhere but #1, if you have him in the 5-10 range across the league you are on drugs. 2. You are also saying Kaprizov is a top 10 player in the league which is extremely debatable, top 10 left winger sure, top 20 player sure. But not 100% a top 10 player
Mcdavid is the top player in the league. Both are basically in the top 5 players in the world.

Man if you ask fans of other 30 teams who's the better player I'm pretty sure Kaprizov will get close to 100% votes.
He's trolling you. Don't feed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad