Mini ATD - One Player Per Franchise (SIGN-UP CLOSED)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll give a couple more days to see if we can get an 8th team, otherwise we'll just go with 7.

Things can always change, but plan on getting the draft order Wednesday and the clock starting Thursday (as usual drafting can begin prior to the clock if GMs choose to announce their picks early).

Good, let's start this thing Thursday.I'm all set and ready.

8 teams would be nice but not necessary so if we have to go with 7 then so be it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Is Newsy Lalonde pre-NHL? I would suggest we put him there to keep him in the game.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Is Newsy Lalonde pre-NHL? I would suggest we put him there to keep him in the game.

Most of his pre-NHL years were on the Canadiens anyway...he counts for the Canadiens.

The pre-NHL team is meant for teams that no longer exist, not those that turned into NHL teams that still exist today.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Most of his pre-NHL years were on the Canadiens anyway...he counts for the Canadiens.

What about Scott Niedermayer? Interesting case as most of his career was in NJ, but his peak clearly was in Anaheim.

Rob Blake? LA or Colorado?

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Fetisov is Soviet? (His peak as arguably the greatest dman in the game was there surely.)

Peter Stastny is Czechoslovakian?

J.C. Tremblay is a Canadien or Nordique?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Fetisov is Soviet? (His peak as arguably the greatest dman in the game was there surely.)

Peter Stastny is Czechoslovakian?

J.C. Tremblay is a Canadien or Nordique?

HT18 has the last word; but I'd go:

Fetisov = Soviet

Stastny = Quebec/Colorado

Tremblay = MTL

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I assume anyone who's already in a draft in which they can't be bothered to even vote or participate in their own series will be denied entry to this draft, is that correct?

I'm not even involved in the draft, but this is pretty much what I thought. The MLD has basically died due to lack of interest, and now we're starting a new draft?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I agree with seventieslord that you shouldn't register to a new draft if you're already a ghost in another one.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm not even involved in the draft, but this is pretty much what I thought. The MLD has basically died due to lack of interest, and now we're starting a new draft?

I agree with seventieslord that you shouldn't register to a new draft if you're already a ghost in another one.

This has been addressed...

Participating in this draft should not in any way affect someone's participation in another draft they are already in. I will send out a PM to everyone who is in both the MLD and this draft, since that draft is still currently ongoing.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'll still vote in the MLD but I think this draft is going to be good and is something new.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It appears unlikely we'll get a 8th team, but you never know.

I'm pumped for this, the new drafting dynamic is going to be interesting.

Draft order tomorrow and we can start drafting! At what time are we doing the lottery?

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
It appears unlikely we'll get a 8th team, but you never know.

I'm pumped for this, the new drafting dynamic is going to be interesting.

Draft order tomorrow and we can start drafting! At what time are we doing the lottery?

I've sent a PM to seventies asking when/if he is available to do the draft lottery for us. Could be as early as this evening, if not, then tomorrow.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
1 Johnny Engine - Shearstown Tigers
2 VanIslander - New Orleans Brass
3 Iceman - California Golden Seals
4 BenchBrawl - Quebec Bulldogs
5 Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars
6 jarek - Visa Smallenfreudeners
7 tony d - St. Louis Eagles

Ad