Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild Sign Jonas Brodin to Extension (7 year, $6M AAV)

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If you needed to keep Dumba, can't you guys just trade Suter to clear cap for Dumba? Suter will be nearing 40 by then and would be expendable.

he wont waive. also wild have no cap issues. people who keep saying wild need to trade dumba because of expansion don't factor in wild can do 4 & 4. So this is Guerin's power to hold over other GM's

Reactions: qqaz

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Great! Very fair. Just surprised they didn't go for the full 8 years. Obviously a lot of boxscore scouts chiming in who don't have a clue what JB brings to a team. Oh, and BTW, he had more ES points than Spurgeon or Dumba last year. I have seen him described as a shot blocking, physical Dman by some HFB members. :laugh:

You'd be hard pressed to find a single Wild fan who will not like this deal....except Jesus Brodin, who is probably raging that he didn't get a 13 year deal...screw the cap recapture.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Great! Very fair. Just surprised they didn't go for the full 8 years. Obviously a lot of boxscore scouts chiming in who don't have a clue what JB brings to a team. Oh, and BTW, he had more ES points than Spurgeon or Dumba last year. I have seen him described as a shot blocking, physical Dman by some HFB members. :laugh:

You'd be hard pressed to find a single Wild fan who will not like this deal....except Jesus Brodin, who is probably raging that he didn't get a 13 year deal...screw the cap recapture.
8 years would have brought him above 35 for the next contract.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Seems like a fair deal to me. Brodin is quite solid. 6 million AAV and he'll be 33 when it's done.

Much smarter than paying Myers 6 million AAV in my opinion.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Defencemen shouldn’t be rewarded for doing the main part of their job (defending)? Lol

Well, since my guess you like the Leafs, you should not give players big contract was main job is to score and does not when it matters.
So, you should now, defending is not that easy...

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
$5m x 7 for Girard though...

200.gif

Congratulations on paying your RFA $1M less than a significantly superior UFA. This truly is an achievement worth gloating over.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Holy smokes even though I'm a neutral fan, I'm pulling my hair out at some of these flaming hot takes on Brodin. Please tune into a handful of Wild games, that should be enough to tell you this contract is and will be extremely fruitful for them. Stud defensive defenseman and solid in transition.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad