Confirmed Trade: [MIN/PIT] Jason Zucker for 2021 1st round pick, Alex Galchenyuk, and Calen Addison

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Fair trade and how trades work in the real world. If it was via this forum we would of had to give up Malkin for Zucker.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He got utterly bent over in the Kessel trade

He also traded a top 9 winger for the single worst defenseman in the league, who he then flipped for a D-man that can't even stay in the show long enough to be called the worst defenseman in the league

And now spewed out the mouth for a top 6 winger

It says a LOT that 50 games of John Marino is enough to convince you that Rutherford has done a good job lately

That and the back to back cups.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Wow, you really want to have this discussion?

Absolutely not. We are better off without his contract. Galchenyuk busting doesn't make it any different. We also got a decent prospect out of it.

He also traded a top 9 winger for the single worst defenseman in the league, who he then flipped for a D-man that can't even stay in the show long enough to be called the worst defenseman in the league

I'll give you that one. Really wish that Pearson got more of a chance here, but Sullivan never liked him. Nobody expected him to do as well in Vancouver as he is now.

That has been identified as a good fit for a long while ago, and is under contract for four more playoff runs baby! :banana:

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Ok so a 1st and a prospect is fair value for a first line scorer who's streaky, maybe a slight overpay.

And then on top of that, Minnesota takes on a tumor. That's the thing that jumps off the page for me.

I don't think people realize how bad Galchenyuk is. Even if the Wild can get him scoring at his old rate (50 points for almost exactly what Zucker was making!) he's still always been sub-NHL in 2/3 zones.

Actually, Minnesota took care of the scar that was leftover from removing the tumor.

And big picture, it's of little consequence if any for Minny. The contract is up, it's not like Minnesota has any reason to go to the cap. They get a clean slate come season's end.

It's win win for all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like how other fans are so concerned about JR's performance with the Penguins. Your faux concern is cute, but I think most fans are super happy with the fact that they're 4th place in the NHL right now despite getting ravaged with injuries, and now they've added a fantastic analytical player who fills a huge need for them. But you guys keep freaking out that they traded Calen Addison.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It says a LOT that 50 games of John Marino is enough to convince you that Rutherford has done a good job lately

1. Kessel had a limited NTC and sucks, with term. They got rid of him to the one place he wanted to go for an ok prospect and an expiring reclamation project.

2. Don’t even know what you’re talking about regarding the defensemen.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Everyone is saying this is a fleecing for Minnesota but my first reaction is that they got fleeced.

Is Addison that good?

Prospects are crapshoots.

Derrick Pouliot was thought of to be a "legit" dman, turned into turd. He may be all world, he may be shit, you never know.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I like how other fans are so concerned about JR's performance with the Penguins. Your faux concern is cute, but I think most fans are super happy with the fact that they're 4th place in the NHL right now despite getting ravaged with injuries, and now they've added a fantastic analytical player who fills a huge need for them. But you guys keep freaking out that they traded Calen Addison.

Well this site is "Hockey Futures" not "Hockey Nows" so winning isn't as important as stockpiling picks and prospects.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't know. Penguin fans have been telling us he's just unlucky and playing good.

I think to an extent he has been unlucky. But his issues here go deeper then that. On the good side of things his effort was never an issue here. You could always see him trying out there. Based on what I heard before (monstly from MTL fans), that was a pleasant surprise.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

Context matters. Sure one can say he lost the Kessel trade with Arizona but:

1) Galchenyuk has 17pts and Kessel has 33. So lets not pretend that Phil is torching the league.

2) Kessel wanted out. Publicly.

3) GMJR's options were limited. Not many teams could have taken on a $6m contract.

4) moving Kessel allowed them to make other moves that are panning out well, given their place in the standings.

All in all, yes, he may have lost this trade. But its hardly the landslide you are making it out to be.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Actually, Minnesota took care of the scar that was leftover from removing the tumor.

And big picture, it's of little consequence if any for Minny. The contract is up, it's not like Minnesota has any reason to go to the cap. They get a clean slate come season's end.

It's win win for all.
Yeah, I didn't realize Galchenyuk is expiring.

With that in mind, it just makes sense for both teams for the Pens to move cap and for the Wild to comply to sweeten their return.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The interesting development going forward is how Zucker will work with Crosby.

You would think it works, but Crosby is very finicky with linemates.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
The JT Miller trade was a huge windfall. No arguing that. Guy is a stud. Wish he had gotten him. Doesn't make this a bad trade, Miller was just a very good one.

I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with the Pens deal at all, the Miller deal was a great one for the Canucks. Believe it or not, a ton of Canucks fans are still not sure if we should have made the deal. go figure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad