Confirmed Trade: [MIN/PIT] Jason Zucker for 2021 1st round pick, Alex Galchenyuk, and Calen Addison

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Chuffin Pens... They've managed AGAIN to get rid of a dead weight. That 1st will more than likely end up nothing, and defensive prospects are dime a dozen to be honest. They've added a guy will almost certainly up his productivity playing with those players, and crucially add even more speed. I want no part of the Pens in the playoffs.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Chuffin Pens... They've managed AGAIN to get rid of a dead weight. That 1st will more than likely end up nothing, and defensive prospects are dime a dozen to be honest. They've added a guy will almost certainly up his productivity playing with those players, and crucially add even more speed. I want no part of the Pens in the playoffs.
Well game one..and zucker was a non factor just like Alex G....we will see... not top impressed yet

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The interesting development going forward is how Zucker will work with Crosby.

You would think it works, but Crosby is very finicky with linemates.

Have some mild doubts there myself. Crosby likes players who can give and go with him, not just executors for his playmaking.

Now, Geno on the other hand...

I don't know the prospects involved but based on the discussion, I don't think the Pens will regret this trade regardless of another Cup or not, so I would say both sides walk away happy. I, as a Caps fan, don't like it because Zucker can easily be a difference maker. That being said, let's not pretend JR has been amazing the past few seasons with his moves, guy's been eating idiot sandwiches at various points. Before the Pens get their panties in a bunch, let me just say that the legacy he will leave in Pittsburgh will be great and well-deserved.

Best to split the time period for accuracy. Rutherford pretty much didn't make a single good move from summer 2017 to December 2018 and hasn't really made a bad move since then, with a couple of coups, which is just as well as he seemed to be on the verge of destroying the window.

Honestly know nothing about addison and didnt see anything when I skimmed the thread much earlier. Comparables and short player summary?

Small offensive dman with very good skating, puck moving, etc.etc. Hope would be he turns into a PP1 QB who does just fine as a 2nd pairing guy - kinda Tyson Barrie like. Defence obviously isn't the strong point but often tries to play big and has made steps there. Big points getter in junior.

Reactions: HandsomeTom43

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Okay. Back after the shock of what we traded.

It is not bad and I am now okay with the trade. I think I wish the 1st was a 2nd but we don't have one but besides that it's a slight over payment but JR has the guy he wants.

Hopefully he can score 25 goals or 30 goals a season with limited pp time

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Crosby and Malkin are on the other side of 30 now.....the window is closing fast....and at the rate Rutherford is flushing draft picks and prospects, the hard landing is going to be particularly painful.....but I guess he'll probably be retired by the time the chickens come home to roost.

We've been able to enjoy some great hockey and three cups since the lockout. I can handle a few years with chickens pecking' around....

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Ok, so you're aware of how terrible your point was, then. Galchenyuk has pretty much been the worst Penguin this entire season.

And, you know, Galchenyuk has played in 46 games vs. Sid's 27.

Yes I’m aware of all this however my post does remain factually accurate and yes I was joking

Just hope for Zucker he gets a bit more of a shot than Galchenyuk did

To show I’m not just stat watching I’d say Murray this year has been much worse than Galchenyuk who is just an easier person to blame.

The real struggle this year has been Murray’s game falling off a cliff and constant injuries - needing to move players around so much to compensate imo

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yes I’m aware of all this however my post does remain factually accurate and yes I was joking

Just hope for Zucker he gets a bit more of a shot than Galchenyuk did

To show I’m not just stat watching I’d say Murray this year has been much worse than Galchenyuk who is just an easier person to blame.

The real struggle this year has been Murray’s game falling off a cliff and constant injuries - needing to move players around so much to compensate imo

Yup, you stat watching.

Reactions: Investigator

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Watching Murray let Jarry take over his job?

Jarry would have taken over a lot of starter's jobs this year. He's been one of the best goalies in the league.

Murray has been inconsistent. He's also made a lot of strides and given the Pens quality starts recently. No good reason to move either until forced to.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Dude it's one game
While I agree it was only 1 game, and way too early to even make any sort of thought about how things will go, didnt a lot of people say the same thing about Galchenyuk after his 1st game? (Just playing devil's advocate lol)

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Jarry would have taken over a lot if starter's jobs this year. He's been one of the best goalies in the league.

Murray has been inconsistent. He's also made a lot of strides and given the Pens quality starts recently. No good reason to move either until forced to.

This must qualify as Murray’s worst start to a season since he got the starter job so to me that’s a worse performance than a never was player in Galchenyuk

Jarry can’t have this breakout year without Murray having serious performance problems. I do agree he’s been better lately though

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dunno.
Heard some rumours that Koivu might want one real run for a cup.
This season.

I actually hope for it.
It would not take away his massive career in Minnesota.

I would hope for it as well. Guerin would probably for sure trade him to a contender for a minimal return, but it sounds like Mikko wants to stay put.

Reactions: tellermine

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This must qualify as Murray’s worst start to a season since he got the starter job so to me that’s a worse performance than a never was player in Galchenyuk

Jarry can’t have this breakout year without Murray having serious performance problems. I do agree he’s been better lately though

Same exact thing is going on with the Caps. Holtby/Samsonov. Matter of fact, MM has way better stats than Holtby. I guess Holtby is done. Nic Dowd is better than Holtby.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

If we're talking about a better candidate to trade though, you don't measure a player against his past performances. You measure his worth to the team vs. the other guy's. Murray is clearly more valuable.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
While I agree it was only 1 game, and way too early to even make any sort of thought about how things will go, didnt a lot of people say the same thing about Galchenyuk after his 1st game? (Just playing devil's advocate lol)

Probably not many worthwhile posters.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
I would hope for it as well. Guerin would probably for sure trade him to a contender for a minimal return, but it sounds like Mikko wants to stay put.
I understand his wiev. He is a man of his word, leader, loyal, patriot etc.

I just hope he would got that run. He still would have mutch in tank as 3rd line center in playoffs.

Well. Hats off when the time comes. Superb athlete and leader.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dunno.
Heard some rumours that Koivu might want one real run for a cup.
This season.

I actually hope for it.
It would not take away his massive career in Minnesota.

Guerin has said that if anybody inquired about him, he would inform Mikko and let him make his decision. That was when we were a little bit further out of the playoff picture, however.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Have some mild doubts there myself. Crosby likes players who can give and go with him, not just executors for his playmaking.

And yet:

pascal_dupuis_nohands.jpg

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad