Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Jordan Schroeder (1 year, $600k 2-way)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Schroeders problem was never his lack of size. He is strong as an ox and is fleet of foot.

Jordans problem has always been between his ears. He spaces out and loses focus constantly. He cannot apply himself for 60 min every night and it shows in his play.

Strong as an Ox? :laugh:

No.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Schroeders problem was never his lack of size. He is strong as an ox and is fleet of foot.

Jordans problem has always been between his ears. He spaces out and loses focus constantly. He cannot apply himself for 60 min every night and it shows in his play.

Huh? His issue is he lacked any game breaking ability. Good passer, but that's not enough from a perimeter player, he doesn't have the hands or shifty feet to create space to play his game at his size at NHL level.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
The problem is that his development never progressed since his pre-draft year.
He actually regressed very significantly after his pre-draft season.

If you are a smaller, skilled forward, your skills need to be exceptional.

He put up 45 points in 35 games in his draft year, and then actually dropped (a lot) down to 28 points in 37 games.

Some thought it was because Stoa moved on, but that should hardly have mattered.

As a matter of fact if he had posted his draft +1 numbers in his actual draft year, with his size, I think you're looking at a mid round pick at best.

I've heard people mention his wheels; I never really saw any sustained evidence of either high top end speed, or exceptional quickness.

It's funny that on that Gophers team in 2009-10, the Canucks had an enormous 1st round pick bust in Patrick White; most of us were completely oblivious to the fact that Schroeder was on a fast track to bust pretty hard himself.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
He actually regressed very significantly after his pre-draft season.

If you are a smaller, skilled forward, your skills need to be exceptional.

He put up 45 points in 35 games in his draft year, and then actually dropped (a lot) down to 28 points in 37 games.

Some thought it was because Stoa moved on, but that should hardly have mattered.

As a matter of fact if he had posted his draft +1 numbers in his actual draft year, with his size, I think you're looking at a mid round pick at best.

I've heard people mention his wheels; I never really saw any sustained evidence of either high top end speed, or exceptional quickness.

It's funny that on that Gophers team in 2009-10, the Canucks had an enormous 1st round pick bust in Patrick White; most of us were completely oblivious to the fact that Schroeder was on a fast track to bust pretty hard himself.

Man, I agree with most of what you're saying, but Schroeder has the wheels. I actually came here to say, it's weird that for a guy with as good of speed as he has (speed equivalent to Zucker and Haula if you're a Wild fan, Helm if you're not) he's not shifty at all. It's like he only learned to skate forwards, not side to side. But yeah, he has enough speed that he's in the running for fastest Wild player, though he's probably losing that competition.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we got him locked up. He's a player that adds a lot of scoring potential to a 4th line, which is where I think he'll be playing for about (1/3) to (1/2) of the year, depending on how well he plays.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Man, I agree with most of what you're saying, but Schroeder has the wheels. I actually came here to say, it's weird that for a guy with as good of speed as he has (speed equivalent to Zucker and Haula if you're a Wild fan, Helm if you're not) he's not shifty at all. It's like he only learned to skate forwards, not side to side. But yeah, he has enough speed that he's in the running for fastest Wild player, though he's probably losing that competition.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we got him locked up. He's a player that adds a lot of scoring potential to a 4th line, which is where I think he'll be playing for about (1/3) to (1/2) of the year, depending on how well he plays.
Haula is EASILY the Wild's fastest player... Zucker a not quite distant 2nd... Schroeder is a distant 3rd.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Didn't know that, weird rule

It is not weird. The rule is there to protect non star players from one sided abuse of the RFA contracts.

(Insert a generic Koko or Detroit "player development" joke here)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula is EASILY the Wild's fastest player... Zucker a not quite distant 2nd... Schroeder is a distant 3rd.

Throw Brodin, Reilly, and Dumba in there also. Brodin and Reilly are great skaters.

Bottom line is that Schroeder can't affect the game at the NHL level.

P10p

May 15, 2012

Don't agree at all with your assesment. Overall they're all equal imo.

Zucker best acceleration, great top speed.
Scroeder best top speed, great acceleration, worst lateral skater.
Haula great combination of both, great all around skater.

All very fast but very different skaters.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Don't agree at all with your assesment. Overall they're all equal imo.

Zucker best acceleration, great top speed.
Scroeder best top speed, great acceleration, worst lateral skater.
Haula great combination of both, great all around skater.

All very fast but very different skaters.

I think Dumba might be faster than all of them. Brodin's not quite as fast (close) but is probably the best all around skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad