GDT: MIN @ COL - 2PM Central - Bouncing Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, but it's even strength that's killing them today. Aren't they like 3rd best in the league at even strength?

I think we’re a paper tiger that’s been just beating up on terrible teams. Sure we match up well against the Knights, but this has definitely been an eye-opening 2 games.

Reactions: 63firebird

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well Boston lost 9-0 the other day...Wild could beat this :laugh:
So we block the point after attempt or stop the 2 point conversion, only to give up a field goal instead to match the 9-0? Or are they making the point after and then adding the field goal on top for 10-0?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc injured? That's not good news going forward.

Back on the ice, wasn't as bad as it looked.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There is literally nothing positive to be taken from this game. Will need to forget it even happened ASAP after its over.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
At least they're heading home to play the Ducks a couple of times. Got to win those.

Reactions: TaLoN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It honestly just looks like they feel they are nowhere near the same level so they try even less and expose our lack or skill and speed further. We look like a team of bjugstad a...

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It honestly just looks like they feel they are nowhere near the same level so they try even less and expose our lack or skill and speed further. We look like a team of bjugstad a...
They've thrown in the towel. They were never in it, the players are just trying to get out of this game at this point.

I don't think it's that they "don't think they're no where near the same level", they just don't see any point in wasting any effort in this game that is long since over.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
thank-god-its-over.jpg

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Here's an excuse...a lot of teams struggle in Denver because of the altitude up there in the mountains ;)

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
They've thrown in the towel. They were never in it, the players are just trying to get out of this game at this point.

I don't think it's that they "don't think they're no where near the same level", they just don't see any point in wasting any effort in this game that is long since over.
I was meaning before it even started. The first five minutes we didn’t look good at all or even attempting to play our game it’s like send one dude in to engage then try to play a horrible 1-2-2

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was meaning before it even started. The first five minutes we didn’t look good at all or even attempting to play our game it’s like send one dude in to engage then try to play a horrible 1-2-2
The Wild have had so many early afternoon flat performances, this one just felt like that before puck drop.

I don't think you can count that to the players not feeling they're in the same class, as historically they've played flat in early afternoon even against bad teams.

It's rare when the Wild look ready to play in early games like this.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Turnovers all over the ice. Lazy backchecks. No offensive zone pressure because they turned it over most times before they got there. McKinnon is the best player in the league and the Av's coach did a good job of getting his line out there against our 3 and 4 line and 3 defensive pair.

If you want to beat the Av's get the puck deep with good chips and dumps and make their defenseman turn to retrieve the puck. Offensive blueline turnovers are deadly against the Av's. Make them bring the puck all the way up the ice.

Reactions: The Merchant

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Worst part is that even Kaprizov got run over by that bus and looked sadly human.

The Avs playing like that are a top 2 team in the league, and he's still a rookie. He also has very little help. A career 50-60 point winger and Victor Rask. A lot of stars would look very human in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad