GDT: MIN @ CHI - 7:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
It would be tight, but yeah it could happen. Ultimately depends on what Fiala is actually looking for, and then what Sturm and Kahkonen get. Maybe you can save 500k by letting Sturm go and finding a league minimum fourth line winger to play with Gaudreau and Dewar. Can't give Kahkonen more than 1.5M, probably.

Trading Dumba would make it a lot easier, and would give you flexibility for some of those other contracts.

I’d like a full year of Addison before cutting ties with Dumba. The defense seems a bit suspect next season without Dumba.

I think they need to explore trading Talbot if there’s a market for him. Could find about $2M in cap relief from trading him and signing a 1B in the offseason.

Reactions: fgobuzz

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It would be tight, but yeah it could happen. Ultimately depends on what Fiala is actually looking for, and then what Sturm and Kahkonen get. Maybe you can save 500k by letting Sturm go and finding a league minimum fourth line winger to play with Gaudreau and Dewar. Can't give Kahkonen more than 1.5M, probably.

Trading Dumba would make it a lot easier, and would give you flexibility for some of those other contracts.
Shaw can play 4th line for minimum. All three of those guys can play C, also. Shaw is small, but he is reasonably quick and tough.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d like a full year of Addison before cutting ties with Dumba. The defense seems a bit suspect next season without Dumba.

I think they need to explore trading Talbot if there’s a market for him. Could find about $2M in cap relief from trading him and signing a 1B in the offseason.

So maybe you keep all of them for next year, and move Dumba in the summer of 2023. This offense needs Fiala.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So maybe you keep all of them for next year, and move Dumba in the summer of 2023. This offense needs Fiala.

Completely agree with you there. This team needs to find a way to keep Fiala around long-term. Kap, Zucc, Fiala, Boldy is a fun Top 6 to watch. There’s really not much in the prospect pool to replace him with either.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Completely agree with you there. This team needs to find a way to keep Fiala around long-term. Kap, Zucc, Fiala, Boldy is a fun Top 6 to watch. There’s really not much in the prospect pool to replace him with either.
I also love watching the GREEFS. Completely different, but valuable skillset. So they're a fun top 9 to watch(well, really top 7). Throw on top of that a fast, smart 4th line, and they are an enjoyable forward group to watch.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Missed this one because I was playing DnD. My takeaways from the highlights are Kahkonen is our starting goalie, Hartman should never practice again, and Duhaime is awesome.

Oh yeah, Boldy and Fiala still look legit, even when I can't see all of their shifts. Boldy looked so dangerous!

Also, looked like he got added to the top line with Kaprizov? Any insights into that?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Missed this one because I was playing DnD. My takeaways from the highlights are Kahkonen is our starting goalie, Hartman should never practice again, and Duhaime is awesome.

Oh yeah, Boldy and Fiala still look legit, even when I can't see all of their shifts. Boldy looked so dangerous!

Also, looked like he got added to the top line with Kaprizov? Any insights into that?
Priorities. :thumbu:

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno and Evason had to be looking on at Duhaime and Dewar with a smile on their face, thinking, " Those crazy kids!"

I am sure that Dewar now knows the rule about a second fight after a stoppage, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino