GDT: MIN @ CHI - 7:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dean Evason 5'10" 175-180 lbs. Flin Flon, MB

Connor Dewar 5'10" 175- 180 lbs. The Pas, MB(60 mi. away)

Addison 5'10" Brandon, MB....pantywaist town in southern MB.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Forsure, but I think Kaprizov also benefits greatly for Ziccarello

As much as great players can benefit from playing with good players, sure. I mean look no further than his two points tonight. Kaprizov is all over the ice controlling and dictating play, winning battles and distributing. All his linemates are doing is not f***ing up the possession. Zuccarello has two points tonight and the extent of his play contributing to both of those combined is a simple 8 foot pass to an open player.

Zuccarello knows how to play off of Kaprizov, and he's a fine player in his own right, but he's nowhere near a 90 point player without Kaprizov. Kaprizov is still pretty close to a 90 point player without Zuccarello though.

Zuccarello career points per 82 pace prior to the Wild: 57
Three seasons prior to Kaprizov: 55
Two seasons with Kaprizov: 77

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kahkonen has had an absolutely stellar past 9 games. I wonder when it will get to the point he begins to steal the net from Talbot?

940 sv% since November 30th.

Since November 30th Talbot has 7 games and 899 sv%.

Reactions: fgobuzz and MNRube

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kahkonen has had an absolutely stellar past 9 games. I wonder when it will get to the point he begins to steal the net from Talbot?

940 sv% since November 30th.

Since November 30th Talbot has 7 games and 899 sv%.

Hopefully now, and as long as he continues to play better than Talbot. I know talbot is out right now, but Kahkonen should be the de facto starter at this point until such a time as he no longer deserves it.

BillyCostigan

Nov 9, 2021
Kaprizov elevates the whole team tbf, not many players can do that, even McDavid can't.

He's a great teammate, and he reminds me of Ovi a lot, just loves to play hockey and makes everyone around him enjoy the game more.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Hartman has now as much goals this season as he had last two seasons combined.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
One critique I have with this squad is our pentathletes I feel like we rank pretty highly in penalties committed but I could easily be wrong as I havent dont my research Wish we could reduce them

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
One critique I have with this squad is our pentathletes I feel like we rank pretty highly in penalties committed but I could easily be wrong as I havent dont my research Wish we could reduce them

7th in penalties taken, 9th in PIM, 28th in number of times shorthanded (5th most), 5th worst team in terms of net penalties (+/- for penalties taken/drawn), and 4th worst in penalties taken per 60. So yeah we're in the bottom 5-10 in terms of discipline.

Reactions: Lapa and Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
7th in penalties taken, 9th in PIM, 28th in number of times shorthanded (5th most), 5th worst team in terms of net penalties (+/- for penalties taken/drawn), and 4th worst in penalties taken per 60.
Thanks for the numbers definitely looks like its something they can improve upon

Hjallis

Mar 7, 2020
As much as great players can benefit from playing with good players, sure. I mean look no further than his two points tonight. Kaprizov is all over the ice controlling and dictating play, winning battles and distributing. All his linemates are doing is not f***ing up the possession. Zuccarello has two points tonight and the extent of his play contributing to both of those combined is a simple 8 foot pass to an open player.

Zuccarello knows how to play off of Kaprizov, and he's a fine player in his own right, but he's nowhere near a 90 point player without Kaprizov. Kaprizov is still pretty close to a 90 point player without Zuccarello though.

Zuccarello career points per 82 pace prior to the Wild: 57
Three seasons prior to Kaprizov: 55
Two seasons with Kaprizov: 77
Well, Z has never had a linemate of this caliber before. Closest he's been must be a top shape Zibanejad.

Z has 17 primary assists this season, and Kap has 18. That whole line seems a great match, simple as that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the numbers definitely looks like its something they can improve upon

Definitely something they can work on. Even going back to last year in the playoff series against Vegas, we gave 36% more PP opportunities than we had ourselves. Combined with a league average PK%, it's not a recipe for success.

Reactions: Sad People

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, Z has never had a linemate of this caliber before. Closest he's been must be a top shape Zibanejad.

Z has 17 primary assists this season, and Kap has 18. That whole line seems a great match, simple as that.

Yeah he's never had a linemate like this before which is further proof that the 90 point pace is more a result of Kaprizov than Zuccarello. Not trying to take anything away from Zuccarello or that line here, just not going to give Zuccarello the credit for Kaprizov's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad