Confirmed with Link: Miller Re-Signed 7y/56m 8mAAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
How come we still dont like Pearson? Honestly he was really good last season. Every team needs depth players like him. The fact he's been forced to play first line at times is not his fault. Nor was his contract, which I think is a fair price for his abilities.

Having said that, with the cap crunch obviously if someone offered something for him you'd have to consider it.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
How come we still dont like Pearson? Honestly he was really good last season. Every team needs depth players like him. The fact he's been forced to play first line at times is not his fault. Nor was his contract, which I think is a fair price for his abilities.

Having said that, with the cap crunch obviously if someone offered something for him you'd have to consider it.
Pearson is problematic if you are trying to set yourself up to compete in the future. This is a win now team aiming to win the Cup in the next four years or die trying, so Pearsie is as core as it gets. He Was There Back In The Bubble and without guys like that it’s more like “Win HOW?! than “Win now.”

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Pearson is problematic if you are trying to set yourself up to compete in the future. This is a win now team aiming to win the Cup in the next four years or die trying, so Pearsie is as core as it gets. He Was There Back In The Bubble and without guys like that it’s more like “Win HOW?! than “Win now.”
I'm all about the win now so I'm good with him. The win later boat has left the dock. So guys like Pearson in your bottom six is a good thing, until his money is needed to say, resign Andrei k. next summer.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm all about the win now so I'm good with him. The win later boat has left the dock. So guys like Pearson in your bottom six is a good thing, until his money is needed to say, resign Andrei k. next summer.
It's too bad his money will be used to pay him next year too.

(If Kuzmenko pans out. )

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i said it in the former players thread and i'll say it here:

90% of pro athletes (especially in hockey) are entitled scumbags. the 'good' you see from them is manufactured by pr professionals and most of the 'bad' is kept out of sight by neutered media and crisis professionals. never equate skill at playing a game with worth as quality of character

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
i said it in the former players thread and i'll say it here:

90% of pro athletes (especially in hockey) are entitled scumbags. the 'good' you see from them is manufactured by pr professionals and most of the 'bad' is kept out of sight by neutered media and crisis professionals. never equate skill at playing a game with worth as quality of character
Is this still about the hat thing? Supporting police doesn't seem radical at all. And I'm a lefty social democrat.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Is this still about the hat thing? Supporting police doesn't seem radical at all. And I'm a lefty social democrat.

thin blue line isn't about supporting police. it's about rejecting any kind of oversight for police. even if miller thinks it's about showing his support for cops it makes him ignorant and careless

regardless, this isn't about miller specifically. it's about not assuming the players you like on the ice are also people you should admire

Reactions: canucksfan

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
thin blue line isn't about supporting police. it's about rejecting any kind of oversight for police. even if miller thinks it's about showing his support for cops it makes him ignorant and careless

regardless, this isn't about miller specifically. it's about not assuming the players you like on the ice are also people you should admire

Well that's wrong. Whatever it's been co-opted to is one thing but it started as a symbol to represent the brotherhood of law enforcement.

The thin line separating society from falling into chaos. Support for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

There's a thin red, thin grey line, and other colors that represent the same original idea.

Reactions: sting101

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Well that's wrong. Whatever it's been co-opted to is one thing but it started as a symbol to represent the brotherhood of law enforcement.

The thin line separating society from falling into chaos. Support for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

There's a thin red, thin grey line, and other colors that represent the same original idea.

this isn't the place, but that's not where it started: What is the thin blue line and why is it so hotly contested in Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad