Confirmed with Link: Miller Re-Signed 7y/56m 8mAAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Not a fan. His best most cap efficient years will occur when we have very little shot at the cup. Bad long term move unless we trade him later this season.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Boeser is clearly the one that needs to go and Myers.

Horvat depending on trade value.

IMO Miller took a discount on for what he did this past season. But probably also knows hes unlikely to repeat what he did last year statistically.

8-8.5 was always the fair value considering the closest comparable was Zibanejad.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Wow. This puts us into legit win now mode and I don't like it.

I am going to guess that Horvat comes back but we actively try to trade someone like Garland and Myers for a real RHD upgrade now.
At least it wasn't 8 years and 9+ million?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
im ok with this. I can see it both ways. Would have been ideal to get a cost contolled blue chip but nobody is giving that up for a 1yr rental or a player who's contract rivals UFAs

I feel like he gave us a discount to get an extra year tacked on but there was no realistic way to get a player like Miller anytime soon if they moved him.

I've said this before Canucks are much better running a 1-2 of Pettersson and Miller than Petey and Horvat who has shown continuously that he not only struggles defensively but with the skill and pace of play of top centers in the league. Has kinda morphed into a Mike Fisher style player who is an ideal #3 and a ok #2 if you want to be middling or are extremely strong in other positions

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Disgusted. We have a window of 1-2 years to make the playoffs but will be totally prevented from doing a full rebuild over the next 5 if things go to shit.

Things really go to hell in 2024 with EP's next contract. Bo will likely chew up major cap as well.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Is this where Rutherford rips off the mask and it's been Benning the entire time? Allvin turns in Weisbrod in a dramatic puff of smoke?

Honestly, I don't hate keeping Miller over Horvat. I guess this team is going to have a bottom barrel defense through its entire competitive cycle. Hopefully it works out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad