Prospect Info: Miles Wood

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm still extremely tentative about both Wood and Kuja.

I'm just happy that what I thought was going to be a throw-away pick might actually have potential. I never even expected this guy to even get to the pro level to be honest. For him to be talked about as a top-tier recruit at one of the best college programs in the country is a wonderful surprise.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I think Wood will be projected as a top six forward.

This offseason? I don't think Wood will be ready for 2-3 years after this season, I expect him to play at least two seasons at BC before he signs a pro contract and then he will most likely spend time in Albany.

He won't be. But if Lou adds players this offseason (who are under the age of 35) I'd expect them to be with the team for 3-5 years.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Out of our current forward prospects not at the pro level, Wood, Thomson, and Black are the guys I am most excited by.

I think Kujawinski's got a long way to go.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Aside from Boucher,

Black, Pietila and Coleman intrigue me but none are viewed as scoring forwards.

Bell could be the sleeper forward out of recent drafts.

Coleman is very likely a bottom-6 guy but I'd still look at him as a "scorer" per sé. He tied Barber for the team lead in goals and in 11 less games. If he's going to make the NHL, it's going to be because of his offense more than his work-ethic/defensive play, which is likely matched by tons of guys in our system right now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Coleman is very likely a bottom-6 guy but I'd still look at him as a "scorer" per sé. He tied Barber for the team lead in goals and in 11 less games. If he's going to make the NHL, it's going to be because of his offense more than his work-ethic/defensive play, which is likely matched by tons of guys in our system right now.

I really like the way Coleman plays the game.
We could use players with an edge and skill.

Look at Dallas line of Eakin-Garbud-Roussel and how effective they have been this series.

Reactions: OmNomNom

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't expect much of anything from kuja. He has shown flashes but I'm meh on the total package.

Yeah same. Inconsistency has been a knock, throw injury into the mix this year? Very meh. Hope he can bounce back next year(still in jr's yeah?).

More hyped about Wood's right now.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

wait is it Coleman or Goldman?

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
wait is it Coleman or Goldman?

Coldeman

Oh yes... Coldeman. The "d" is silent in America. It's Cole D'Isle au Man, or Cole of the Isle of Man, in France, where Armand's chateau is, Cold-e-man in Greece where Armand's work is, and finally the vulgar Coleman in Florida where Armand's home is, so actually, we don't know where we are until we hear our last name pronounced! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Coldeman

Oh yes... Coldeman. The "d" is silent in America. It's Cole D'Isle au Man, or Cole of the Isle of Man, in France, where Armand's chateau is, Cold-e-man in Greece where Armand's work is, and finally the vulgar Coleman in Florida where Armand's home is, so actually, we don't know where we are until we hear our last name pronounced! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!

Albert, you pierced the toast. so what?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I apologize if this needs to be rolled into the draft thread or the existing Wood thread.

After being picked as a relative unknown and then busting on the scene this year, where do you think he'd be ranked/drafted this year if he was eligible?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I apologize if this needs to be rolled into the draft thread or the existing Wood thread.

After being picked as a relative unknown and then busting on the scene this year, where do you think he'd be ranked/drafted this year if he was eligible?

6'2" and 195lb playmaking forward with great skating but without much track record of production, could go anywhere between rounds 2 and 4 I think, depending on if anyone really likes him.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
6'2" and 195lb playmaking forward with great skating but without much track record of production, could go anywhere between rounds 2 and 4 I think, depending on if anyone really likes him.

Since we got a potential 2nd round steal in a previous 4th round (where hardly any NHL players are usually found), I wouldn't be opposed to dealing #41 if the return was worth it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wouldn't be discouraged by Kujawinski. He is VERY young. He just turned 19 less than one month ago. So his 41 points in 45 games is his 18 year old season.

This is a 6'2 205 18(just turned 19) year old with skill and speed that is supposedly plagued by inconsistency... inconsistency by its very nature means there is something good there sometimes and that is better than having no skill.

I would reserve judgement on Kujawinski until his 19 year old season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't be discouraged by Kujawinski. He is VERY young. He just turned 19 less than one month ago. So his 41 points in 45 games is his 18 year old season.

This is a 6'2 205 18(just turned 19) year old with skill and speed that is supposedly plagued by inconsistency... inconsistency by its very nature means there is something good there sometimes and that is better than having no skill.

I would reserve judgement on Kujawinski until his 19 year old season.

By no means am I writing him off. But at the moment, the stoke factor is not very high. Conversely, as you point out, he did produce when he played, so it's not like he's been terrible. We are in a holding pattern of sorts in regards to evaluating Kujawinski.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
By no means am I writing him off. But at the moment, the stoke factor is not very high. Conversely, as you point out, he did produce when he played, so it's not like he's been terrible. We are in a holding pattern of sorts in regards to evaluating Kujawinski.

I think given 2-3 more years he'll be about 6'2" 215 and ready to step into a 4th line role with middle6 upside. The kid just needs time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kujawinski seems to me one of those guys who if his offense never becomes consistent, he still can become that big 3rd line type of center that can play up in a pinch but be more of a strong bottom 6 player.

In most of the scouting reports I've seen they mention he is good defensively. If his inconsistency lies ONLY with his offensive capabilities but he can still play solid game that is still a very useful player. That kind of is your prototypical 3rd line center. Win faceoffs, use your big body, play a solid game...I would be happy if we got a Chris Gratton type player out of the 3rd round.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
kujawinski seems to me one of those guys who if his offense never becomes consistent, he still can become that big 3rd line type of center that can play up in a pinch but be more of a strong bottom 6 player.

In most of the scouting reports i've seen they mention he is good defensively. If his inconsistency lies only with his offensive capabilities but he can still play solid game that is still a very useful player. That kind of is your prototypical 3rd line center. Win faceoffs, use your big body, play a solid game...i would be happy if we got a chris gratton type player out of the 3rd round.

this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad