Prospect Info: Miles Wood

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
From the same school as Mark Fayne.

Hoping for the same below the radar good stuff to come out of Miles.

Funny enough, IIRC, DAE's president has some sort of relationship with that school in the past... Lot of USA Hockey guys get funneled through that program too I think.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Son of a former NYI player.

Well, here's what HockeyProspect says :
Had injury issues but he’s a player we like. Good frame to grown into as he is a lanky kid. Wood has game and drives the middle lane and the net as hard as anyone. He’s a good skater and he has a good compete level. Not a player we saw much but we liked him quite a bit. He has some intangibles to his game that make is raise his stock.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the only pick that leaves me scratching my head a bit. but ok, we shall see

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
He shot up seven inches in height just this past year so he's still a growing boy, like his potential and I think might be the sleeper of our draft class.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
That is probably what got him drafted at our pick funny enough :laugh: That is the irst thing Conte mentioned about him. Scouting sample size couldn't have been that great from a high school like that.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
The son of former NHLer Randy Wood, he grew 6-8 inches in one year to catch scouts’ attention.

There's something about that sentence that makes me lol, like he did it intentionally kind of like, "Look what I can do!".

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
the only pick that leaves me scratching my head a bit. but ok, we shall see

This was a wayyyy off the board selection.
Nick Moutrey was still available and he was rated a lot higher.
Even Jordan Subban.

Did Lou owe Randy Wood a favor?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This was a wayyyy off the board selection.
Nick Moutrey was still available and he was rated a lot higher.
Even Jordan Subban.

Did Lou owe Randy Wood a favor?

I think they are gambling on his potential, they probably see a lot of good talent in a body that is growing, he's 6'1 160 but from the sounds of it he's not done yet, maybe we are looking at a prospect who in five years could be 6'3, 200.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I know he is only a rising Junior but I read some where he had 18 pts in 16 games last year which isn't overly impressive being where he is playing.

One positive is that he has time to grow and he could be a force if he fills out his 6'1 frame.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Brown is one of the teams coming to The Rock this Fall for the Liberty hockey tournament.
Hopefully he will be in the lineup that weekend.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think they are gambling on his potential, they probably see a lot of good talent in a body that is growing, he's 6'1 160 but from the sounds of it he's not done yet, maybe we are looking at a prospect who in five years could be 6'3, 200.

As I recall, we did something similar with Gelinas. He grew a lot in his draft year, he had raw talent we liked, and so far that project is coming along well.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
His brother is 6`3 190 so it's possible he grows a little more. He apparently has a lot of speed and drive to his game. A good skating 6`3 winger that drives the net are hard to find outside top 60 so it could be a nice gamble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad