Pre-Game Talk: Mile High Winning Streak In the Mile High City: Leafs @ Colorado - Snet-O 9:00est

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Would much rather see Bernier start and keep it this winning streak going!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Are you a schoolyard bully who likes to start fights out of nothing? Dude, seriously, nobody here is saying Reimer should start because he's better. We're all aware that Bernier is the starter. Cut it out with this childish "Team Bernier" "Team Reimer" crap, you aren't a little schoolgirl in elementary who fawns over Twilight characters.

LOL, if you think that im using fighting words... you dont know me very well. I find it hilarious that reimer has fallen out of the competition so much that it requires back to backs for him to even get in the net, playtime should be dictated by skills not other circumstances like that, the fact that he only gets starts in back to backs these days is what I am talking about. I really couldn't care less if what you think I say is childish, there are 2 types of people in the world, people who compete to be number one, and people who dont want any1 to lose, im pretty sure that they are mutually exclusive, pretty sure, I dont buy into this "every1 needs a happy ending bs" sorry pal

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Need points. 1 or 2. No 0.

I think we'll be fine. It's the Avs...not the Ducks or Hawks (both teams we have beaten, at home though).

Need to improve our lousy road record.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Now now guys..no need for pointless arguments.

It's quite clear we all on the leafs board have our personal favourites. Some like Bernier and some Reimer. I'm glad we have them both at our disposal...for now at least. So lets quit arguing and cheer for who ever ends up playing in net tonight!

BluPuk*

I will be surprised if they start Reimer. I'm only watching the first period anyway - need my rest..:yo:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i wish the leafs luck tonight.

we looked really tired for the entire second half of yesterday's game.... and the avs are a much better team.

and we also tend to play very lazy hockey in front of riemer lately.

i feel bad for reimer if we leave him out to dry again... though i'm excited to see if he can stand on his head and continue the battle for the #1 spot

edit: i'm just assuming that riemer is starting tonight... i would be shocked if bernier started again today

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Going for 6. Going to be a tough one.

Looking forward to seeing how MacKinnon is playing. Haven't seen him play since Mem cup.

Ace88*

It's a good thing that Duchene sucks, Landeskog is a prissy schoolgirl, O'Reilly is the most overrated spoiled brat in the history of hockey and needs his daddy to sign his contract for him, and MacKinnon and EJ are the biggest 1st ov busts since forever. We should win this one with our glorious team of infinite skill and grace that we didn't steal from Quebec

hey lurking avs fans, come at me bros

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
LOL, if you think that im using fighting words... you dont know me very well. I find it hilarious that reimer has fallen out of the competition so much that it requires back to backs for him to even get in the net, playtime should be dictated by skills not other circumstances like that, the fact that he only gets starts in back to backs these days is what I am talking about. I really couldn't care less if what you think I say is childish, there are 2 types of people in the world, people who compete to be number one, and people who dont want any1 to lose, im pretty sure that they are mutually exclusive, pretty sure, I dont buy into this "every1 needs a happy ending bs" sorry pal

Good god. I don't know why you keep trying to make points about things that aren't even being said. WE KNOW REIMER IS THE BACK-UP AND WILL LIKELY GET TRADED.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
The Leafs have won 21 games(in 51) while being outshot. Colorado has won 19 games(in 48) while being outshot

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Lessssgoooooo Boys! I hope Optimus gets the start between the pipes and I hope the boys in blue continue to kill it. Get on the board fast and keep em on their toes!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Targeting Duchene physically will be key to winning tonight. Letting him dominate the cycle down low is sure death. The Aves have not had many Majors for fighting lately and are getting off to easy.

Bringing it physically top to bottom is going to be tough being 2 in 2 but they need to do that to win tonight.

Would like to see Cody Franson get some rest tonight. His defensive zone turnover symptoms are getting scary. I don't want Ranger in though. Franson is sitting 3rd in the league for giveaways by defensemen and second on the team to Phil. Phil's turnovers aren't coming in the defensive zone though.

Here is a smelly Leafs stat that makes you wonder how they are currently sitting in a playoff spot. (stats from nhl.com) The leafs defense has 6starter defensemen in the top thirty defensemen in the league for (Giveaways). There is no need to look further than that if you wonder why we are out shot consistently. That has to be corrected now that we are in the final 30 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad