Pre-Game Talk: Mile High Winning Streak In the Mile High City: Leafs @ Colorado - Snet-O 9:00est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It will be interesting to see what goes on.
I personally would play Bernier, and just shove oxygen at these guys. We win this one, we are tied with Montreal and 6 game winning streak. :handclap:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Not sure how to feel about this one. Not expecting a win tbh, and if we do then it's a pleasant surprise :laugh: Denver is 1300 KM away from Phoenix, I don't expect an awake, energized group, especially considering how badly they played tonight after the 1st.

Reimer has also not looked very good and has lost his confidence I feel. Hopefully he can play well enough this game, but we'll see. Avs are on a roll lately too.

TheThrill81*

I'd put Reimer in net. Bernier's due for another fluke goal.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs @ Avalanche 9pm SNO

Second game of a back to back on this western swing.

I want to win this one, but on the second night back 2 back on a western road trip against a good team doesn't look good. I'll keep the faith though. Go Leafs Go!

****! I didn't see the other one. Do your thing Mods. I'm ashamed.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Gonna be a tired group, but would I ever love to beat this team. Nobody talks more trash than Avalanche fans.

We have a fun two games coming up in terms of HF trash talk. Remember how mad and clown-like the Stars fans were acting last time we beat them? :laugh: They kept going on and on about how our team was garbage

TheThrill81*

Gonna be a tired group, but would I ever love to beat this team. Nobody talks more trash than Avalanche fans.

It's easy for them to talk trash when their city was gifted a roster with future hall of famers on it.

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
Second night of a b2b, versus solid Avs team in high altitude...would be happy with a point here, 2 would be magnificent. I'll take 6 of 8 points on this road trip any day actually, but I'm expecting 5. GLG

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I'm genuinely curious why you believe "nobody talks more trash than Avalanche fans"? Wouldn't a statement like that be reserved for a division/conference rival?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Love my Broncos but that's where it stops with the Denver love.

Kessel is on fire, Kadri is playing well, Reimer should be motivated to win this one too.

Same score as tonight. 4-2 Leafs.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I'm genuinely curious why you believe "nobody talks more trash than Avalanche fans"? Wouldn't a statement like that be reserved for a division/conference rival?

No, most rival banter has to do with the games. From reading the Avalanche forums a bit, they seem to take more jabs at Leafs posters than any other place. You don't have to go further than the first page of their game thread for the most recent example.

They're entitled to their opinions, but I would still very much prefer to beat this team.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
Reimer should get the start IMO..... sure bernier played outstanding tonight but he could use the rest and reimer is still a very capable goalie... and the point of having 2 capable goalies is to help you out during the season during back to back situations like these.

feed the chickens boys

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
No, most rival banter has to do with the games. From reading the Avalanche forums a bit, they seem to take more jabs at Leafs posters than any other place. You don't have to go further than the first page of their game thread for the most recent example.

They're entitled to their opinions, but I would still very much prefer to beat this team.

The feeling is mutual with me too. I want this win, but under the circumstances, I'll be surprised if we do.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We're going to have to strike early and often, and hope that Reimer plays a great game for the first time in a long while.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

I find it funny how that was so quickly replied to. Avs fans are always lurking around on here, whenever you mention them or their players they reply within a very short time :laugh:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I find it funny how that was so quickly replied to. Avs fans are always lurking around on here, whenever you mention them or their players they reply within a very short time :laugh:

I like the one comment, "They're oblivious as to why we hate them."

No, I know full well why. You're butthurt about a bunch of proposals for your players so you have to act like elitist jerks all the time now.

You'd think people would have thicker skin than to let HFBoards proposals rattle them so much.

TheThrill81*

We're going to have to strike early and often, and hope that Reimer plays a great game for the first time in a long while.

That depends on whether or not the team will leave him out to dry. Something tells me if Reimer has a good game, some people would still complain about imaginary things like his "poor rebound control".

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

It's not uncommon for fans of other teams to check out the opponent's GDT. As a Mod I can see who's on this forum and even this page. Posters from both teams are visiting each other's GDT's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad