News Article: Milbury doesn't see Bruins getting out of first round

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mad Mike says we lose in the first round. That means we going at least to the third round. :laugh:

Milbury doesn't see Bruins getting out of first round

Although the Bruins have been winning as of late, Mike Milbury is still not buying that they are a Stanley Cup contender.

"I still don't think they're getting out of the first round of the playoffs," said Milbury on Cross Check. "I'm glad they're playing better. They're much more fun to watch. The energy level, confidence level is there."

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Who cares, seems like Milbury rarely has anything positive to sat about the Bruins.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am confident the goalie will play well even against Montreal and the forwards will be good- but can the defense move the puck? transition and team speed are the issues in a track meet

Rangers have a very good defense, Boston matches up well in net and forward- Rangers

Habs- Price and Tuukka play equal I'll take Boston- Habs are overrated but Price isnt- Habs but not feeling that confident

Tampa- team speed may be to much for Boston- like the Bolts here but again, Rask can outplay Bishop more times than not- Tampa

Detroit- like Boston here

Islanders- like Boston here

Capitals- like Boston

Pittsburgh- toss up

faster the team, better the defense the worse it is for Boston

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
good guy milbury sacrificing his own reputation in order to give his hometown Bruins some much-needed bulletin board material.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He is hoping. So Clode gets fired and he gets another shot at coaching the Bruins

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I like the Bruins vs. everyone except Montreal. Pittsburgh would be the next toughest because they have a coach that can actually take advantage of our D with Crosby/Malkin now. Rangers are a great team but the Bruins match up pretty well against them I think.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
I am confident the goalie will play well even against Montreal and the forwards will be good- but can the defense move the puck? transition and team speed are the issues in a track meet

Rangers have a very good defense, Boston matches up well in net and forward- Rangers

Habs- Price and Tuukka play equal I'll take Boston- Habs are overrated but Price isnt- Habs but not feeling that confident

Tampa- team speed may be to much for Boston- like the Bolts here but again, Rask can outplay Bishop more times than not- Tampa

Detroit- like Boston here

Islanders- like Boston here
F
Capitals- like Boston

Pittsburgh- toss up

faster the team, better the defense the worse it is for Boston

I see us being eliminated by Montreal no doubt and tough sledding against the rags. I like our chances against the rest in the east even though all (most likely )will go 7 games. :)

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Old Mike confuses me. Played with a pretty nasty edge and threw the occasional nutty (shoe-stands-magic). Then when he coached the Bruins he went all pacifist.

aejk

May 18, 2011
Last nights game was notable because it looked like Tampa was playing the kind of structured defense that the Bruins used to play, whereas the Bruins were playing with fire all night.

Team defense is what wins playoff series. Based on what Ive seen this year, I agree with Milbury that they are probably going to get bounced by Lightning or Rangers in the 1st round: those teams are stacked. Habs are maybe less of a threat

That doesn't mean they definitely will lose, or that I don't love the Bs.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
As fans we want to rip him but I think objectively he's right. If they match up with Montreal it's good night. And they'd obviously be underdogs against anyone else, so it's not like his prediction is all that bold. They're in the last playoff spot.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Habs beat us with speed last year despite our President's Cup coronation. With Spooner and Boris, we've added more of that element this season. That, plus Tuukka, should improve our chances.

And, with four teams crowded within a few points of each other, it's possible we could face NYR or NYI or TB in the first round. Plus, we could play up a couple of slots in the last thirteen games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad