Confirmed with Link: Milano recalled

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
What offense has he ever provided against NHL competition?

I get that he has skill, and I'd like to see more of him at some point, but he hasn't done much with the opportunities he's been given. 1 assist in 6 games. Even Hannikainen managed a goal.

I'm sure he's among the primary considerations for a call-up if a F gets injured. Maybe the one game was to just get out the butterflies or something.

TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing what Zaar could do before the season is over.

How can you tell when you get one game here, back down, called back up to be a healthy scratch, etc.? We're never gonna know what the kid has at the NHL level until he gets consistent time at the NHL level (ugh...the chicken/egg theory I guess).

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know he's played just 8 career games in the NHL but I've watched every game he's played in and I literally see nothing in his game that impresses me... his skating looked awful tonight. His passing is below average at best.. I don't know. Maybe I'm just ranting and speaking only for myself but I'm just not impressed, at all.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know he's played just 8 career games in the NHL but I've watched every game he's played in and I literally see nothing in his game that impresses me... his skating looked awful tonight. His passing is below average at best.. I don't know. Maybe I'm just ranting and speaking only for myself but I'm just not impressed, at all.

Really? I thought he was one of our best players in the first period. He faded later, but he had a beauty pass to Dubi that Dubi didn't shoot on, and he had a few good defensive plays.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Been saying this for a while, don't see an NHL player in him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With Milano's entry-level contract "slides", the CBJ have two full years left for him to develop.

He's tied for 48th among AHL forwards in scoring this season. That's not bad for a 20 year old.

http://theahl.com/stats/player-stat...ort=points&statstype=standard&page=3&league=4

Its pretty ridiculous how people are already writing him off as a 20 year old, but I shouldn't be surprised because the majority of the fanbase here also wrote off Calvert, Bobrovsky, Savard, and many others when they struggled. Not that Milano is in this class of guys, but holy **** you would think he was 23.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Its pretty ridiculous how people are already writing him off as a 20 year old, but I shouldn't be surprised because the majority of the fanbase here also wrote off Calvert, Bobrovsky, Savard, and many others when they struggled. Not that Milano is in this class of guys, but holy **** you would think he was 23.

I haven't been the biggest Milano fan ever.. I think there's still some needed growth to his game and I don't think he's necessarily ready for the NHL.. But, he's 20 years old and has increased his point production by 15 points in the AHL this season, been producing quite a bit the last few weeks, and playing both ways this season. Not sure how people are giving up on him already. It took Oliver Bjorkstrand until he was close to 22 years old to really make the NHL, granted he was a 3rd round pick and a dynamic scorer.

I thought Milano played well in the 1st period. Would obviously liked to have seen more from him later in the game, but there's other players that were also in that situation for me as well. I don't necessarily think he's NHL playoff ready, but I think it's ridiculous to say "just don't see an NHL forward" at this point. Send him back to Cleveland, hopefully he can help the Monster's make the playoffs/perform well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad