Confirmed with Link: Milano recalled

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
OK Sonny show us what you've got

tumblr_nc0mevTHeC1qaa8d1o2_500.gif

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
His recent hot streak in the AHL (12 points in his last 9 games) probably helped his case.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Good. This is sending the team a message that their offensive output is offensive. We don't need Korpikoski in the lineup to act as a warm body.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If nothing else Milano will bring some flash to the offense. If Bjorkstrand comes back soon that will give us more speed and offensive skill than we currently have.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I would think next to impossible, agree with comments about Korpikoski.

But is this a Saad pressbox game coming up?

I am not advocating that, certainly not in the last week of the season.
Saad can be the best player on the roster (other than Bob), and was during the first half of season (not in terms of goals, but overall offensive play). But he's lost something - Confidence? Focus? Bad times with Torts? Just waiting for playoffs?
Regardless of cause, the cross-ice pass last night in the 1st was incredibly bad. And he isn't even close to finishing anything (admittedly did some damage in the 3rd). Trying not to focus on one play or one player, but Saad seems a microcosm of his and the team's overall play for a while.

I like Saad long-term; he is a key piece. I'm not saying he deserves the pressbox, but something has to give for the entire group....Maybe it is as simple as Torts saw enough of Korpokoski in a few shifts to know he needs something different - especially if Bjorkstrand and Sedlak still out for a while. Now if Bjorkstrand is healthy and ready, play them both - Milano could be playoff pickup that Bjorkstrand was at the trade deadline. I know, highly unlikely - just looking for SOMETHING!!!

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
^Bjorkstrand was practicing with the power play unit. I'm all for Milano AND Bjorkstrand in the same lineup (different lines) to give the team some offense. Sit Calvert if you're going to hold out a regular for a game or two.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wonder what the lines will look like against Pittsburgh

Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Jenner-Gagner-Milano
Hartnell-LARS-Anderson

Jenner and Foligno are interchangeable for me, but I'd prefer Jenner not to be on the Dubinsky/Atkinson line.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Sedlack and Calvert not in lineup out PK unit's take a hit. Someone is gonna have to step up...and can't take stupid penalties

Dubinsky/Atkinson and Karlsson/Saad are fine. If we are on extended PKs or back-to-backs, then I worry about the next unit (Wennberg/Foligno I think?).

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Gagner-Milano
Hartnell-LARS-Anderson

Jenner and Foligno are interchangeable for me, but I'd prefer Jenner not to be on the Dubinsky/Atkinson line.

I kind of liked the Jenner/Wennberg/Saad combo the past two games, although you might want to split up Saad from them to spread the wealth. Hope Torts keeps that together, sort of reminds me of when Jens and Joey were together.

Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Gagner-Saad
Hartnell-Karlsson-Anderson

?

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I sort of expected Hannikainen to be called up yesterday.. I mean, he's been producing some goals lately for Cleveland and playing on the same line as Milano per reports (combined with Sedlak's injury)..

But, I'm fine with Milano being called up. Has been playing both ways all season, has been producing some points in the last couple of weeks. See if he can provide a bit of an offensive spark or some points here..

Our team is finally creating offensive chances the last couple of games, but like Tortorella said last night in his post game presser, "Guy's aren't finishing".. "Guys" as in this whole team in my opinion. I'm glad Bjorkstrand is finally coming back, maybe he can help finish an opportunity.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Atleast hes getting game action and not just being pulled out of a playoff race to sit in the pressbox. Hopefully gets a fair offensive chance like Bjorkstrand did

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You've got a D'Amigo in me.

Also...Brian Gibbons.

Ah jeez. D'Amigo, the Derek MacKenzie replacement. :shakehead

Also Gibbons, who absolutely torched us in game 1 and 2 vs PIT (I think), absolutely awful here. Also had the personality of a sponge.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I would think next to impossible, agree with comments about Korpikoski.

But is this a Saad pressbox game coming up?

I am not advocating that, certainly not in the last week of the season.
Saad can be the best player on the roster (other than Bob), and was during the first half of season (not in terms of goals, but overall offensive play). But he's lost something - Confidence? Focus? Bad times with Torts? Just waiting for playoffs?
Regardless of cause, the cross-ice pass last night in the 1st was incredibly bad. And he isn't even close to finishing anything (admittedly did some damage in the 3rd). Trying not to focus on one play or one player, but Saad seems a microcosm of his and the team's overall play for a while.

I like Saad long-term; he is a key piece. I'm not saying he deserves the pressbox, but something has to give for the entire group....Maybe it is as simple as Torts saw enough of Korpokoski in a few shifts to know he needs something different - especially if Bjorkstrand and Sedlak still out for a while. Now if Bjorkstrand is healthy and ready, play them both - Milano could be playoff pickup that Bjorkstrand was at the trade deadline. I know, highly unlikely - just looking for SOMETHING!!!

Saad was creating last night. Second goal was mostly him. He deserved a scratch for much of the last few months but not now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad