Proposal: Milano for Puljujarvi

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Unfortunately Puljujarvi is now tagged a bust...
Edmonton could benefit a good prospect and Columbus can hope for a player upgrade.
Maybe Columbus could add a late round pick for the age difference...I don't know

Does Columbus take the risk and Edmonton try again on another young talented prospect, even if a bit older?

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Trust me when i say that Milano will be a “bonus” for any trade CBJ is trying to make.

IE, Duchene - 1st, Wennberg + Milano.

That being said, CBJ does this in a heartbeat I’d think. Milano is a lot like Duclair IMO and you see how that’s working out for Duke this year...

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Every single Pulju proposal involves a struggling player who is older and clearly has less potential.

His value is no lower then what Dylan Strome’s was this year. Why should the Oilers trade him for less?

Dylan Strome has played in 50 less games yet has 14 more points over the course of his career. I'd say that Puljujarvi has lesser value than Strome.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There is no chance Edmonton considers this. All the ‘how about my 23/24 year old that’s accomplished even less than Puljujarvi’ offers need to stop.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Unfortunately Puljujarvi is now tagged a bust...
Edmonton could benefit a good prospect and Columbus can hope for a player upgrade.
Maybe Columbus could add a late round pick for the age difference...I don't know

Does Columbus take the risk and Edmonton try again on another young talented prospect, even if a bit older?
20 year old bust
vs
22 year old young talented prospect

Homer statement of the day! :win:

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
How is 22 year old Sonny Milano a good prospect, but Pulujarvi "tagged a bust". This is a ridiculous offer. No risk for Columbus, all risk by Edmonton.
I wouldnt call Pulju a bust at all but many believe it just doesnt work in EDM. Now what does EDM could expect to receive IF Pulju was to leave? Draft picks? Maybe. Another young prospect? I tend to go with this scenario

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Dylan Strome has played in 50 less games yet has 14 more points over the course of his career. I'd say that Puljujarvi has lesser value than Strome.
He had 16 points in his previous 41 games before being traded. He's exploded since being traded making that trade look very very bad for ARI.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldnt call Pulju a bust at all but many believe it just doesnt work in EDM. Now what does EDM could expect to receive IF Pulju was to leave? Draft picks? Maybe. Another young prospect? I tend to go with this scenario

Personally, I think that if Pulujarvi goes, it's Pulujarvi+ for an upgrade, and it won't happen right now, but closer to the draft. Maybe something like Pulujarvi, Benning w/ retention (so he doesn't have negative value) and a 2nd round pick for a good middle six winger with term.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
What a terrible trade. I won't insult anyone by making a similar counter offer.

Your lack of insulting counter offer is noted as is your disgust for the OP.

Did someone say Benning for Milano?
Wasn't Benning on waivers the other day?
That is just silly.

Reactions: TFHockey

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You're quoting a post on his value before being traded and yet included the points he has from Chicago.

Brilliant.

Sure. But in the end Dylan Strome still has more value pre trade than Puljujarvi does currently. Look at ppg numbers. Strome .35 Puljujarvi .27. Plus Stome is a center while Puljujarvi is a winger. Centers have more value than wingers.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Sure. But in the end Dylan Strome still has more value pre trade than Puljujarvi does currently. Look at ppg numbers. Strome .35 Puljujarvi .27. Plus Stome is a center while Puljujarvi is a winger. Centers have more value than wingers.
Arguing who has more value is irrelevant. The point is we're not talking about a difference between Schmaltz and AHL players who are the same age as Schmaltz.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Arguing who has more value is irrelevant. The point is we're not talking about a difference between Schmaltz and AHL players who are the same age as Schmaltz.

Well the point is "what is the trade value of Puljujarvi." The OP is a bad trade for Edmonton. Someone mentioned that Puljujarvi has the same value as Dylan Strome when he was traded. I was putting forth my opinion as to why that isn't the case. Plus we are on a thread board attempting to figure out the value of NHL players and make fair market (not usually) hypothetical trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad