Proposal: Milano for Puljujarvi

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Unfortunately Puljujarvi is now tagged a bust...
Edmonton could benefit a good prospect and Columbus can hope for a player upgrade.
Maybe Columbus could add a late round pick for the age difference...I don't know

Does Columbus take the risk and Edmonton try again on another young talented prospect, even if a bit older?
Yeah, so 22 year old Sonny Milano is a good prospect, but 20 year old JP is a bust. Right...

The only people tagging JP, or any other 20 year old a bust, are the idiots and trolls.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Your lack of insulting counter offer is noted as is your disgust for the OP.

Did someone say Benning for Milano?
Wasn't Benning on waivers the other day?
That is just silly.

Benning was on the IR. He’s never been on waivers. You’re thinking Manning.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Your lack of insulting counter offer is noted as is your disgust for the OP.

Did someone say Benning for Milano?
Wasn't Benning on waivers the other day?
That is just silly.

Delete. As poster above already provided correct info

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
How is 22 year old Sonny Milano a good prospect, but Pulujarvi "tagged a bust". This is a ridiculous offer. No risk for Columbus, all risk by Edmonton.

probably because Milano hasn't had the same opportunities in the big leagues compared to Pulju

No matter the reason, the AHL vs NHL are two different beasts
CLB's roster is deeper than EDM's so that explains, at least partially, why this is so

Milano:
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Puljujarvi
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

it seems, that despite the GP and despite the lack of opportunities in a top 6 role, Milano is just 2 goals shy of Puljujarvi

just based on nothing but these numbers, Pulju is gearing towards bust (not there yet), Milano, conservatively, i'd consider him still an unknown

Unknown, translated in hockey talk, is potential or prospect

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
probably because Milano hasn't had the same opportunities in the big leagues compared to Pulju

CLB's roster is deeper than EDM's so that explains, at least partially, why this is so

Milano:
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Puljujarvi
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
it seems, that despite the GP and despite the lack of opportunities in a top 6 role, Milano is just 2 goals shy of Puljujarvi

just based on nothing but these numbers, Pulju is gearing towards bust (not there yet), Milano, conservatively, i'd consider him still an unknown

Pulujarvi doesn't get top 6 opportunities either, for the record.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Milano:
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Puljujarvi
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Puljujarvi hasn’t gotten squat for ‘top 6 opportunities’, I don’t know what you’re talking about there. Have you looked at this ice time?

How does the significantly older player still qualify as an unknown while the 20 war old is ‘gearing toward bust?’ Doesn’t make any sense .

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Puljujarvi hasn’t gotten squat for ‘top 6 opportunities’, I don’t know what you’re talking about there. Have you looked at this ice time?

How does the significantly older player still qualify as an unknown while the 20 war old is ‘gearing toward bust?’ Doesn’t make any sense .
I think what he's saying is that Milano has played almost 1000 mins less than Pulju and during that short time he mostly played on the 4th line and never had the opportunity to play with top line players like Pulju did with McDavid and Draisaitl at some point.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Pulujarvi doesn't get top 6 opportunities either, for the record.

Oilers' Jesse Puljujarvi returns to top line more comfortable in his game - Sportsnet.ca

those liars !!!! last time i follow fake news!

thanks for clarifying that a 1st round prospect like Puljujarvi never ever had an opportunity on the top 6 in EDMONTON yet guys like Lucic, Rattie, and Chiasson have!

damn, the entire Edmonton staff must be really more clueless than i original have thought! Puljujarvi should have been tested at least 2-3 times in the top 6! wow....

thanks for that info guys

but still doesn't change the essence of my argument, Milano isn't on Columbus' lineup vs Puljujarvi is on Edmonton's

To me, (and i think i reserve the right to think this way) Milano is still an unknown, Puljujarvi isn't

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Oilers' Jesse Puljujarvi returns to top line more comfortable in his game - Sportsnet.ca

thanks for clarifying that a 1st round prospect like Puljujarvi never ever had an opportunity on the top 6 in EDMONTON yet guys like Lucic, Rattie, and Chiasson have!

damn, the entire Edmonton staff must be really more clueless than i original have thought! Puljujarvi should have been tested at least 2-3 times in the top 6! wow....

but still doesn't change the essence of my argument, Milano isn't on Columbus' lineup vs Puljujarvi is on Edmonton's

To me, (and i think i reserve the right to think this way) Milano is still an unknown, Puljujarvi isn't

He was pulled from the top line almost immediately. He hasn't been given the opportunity to develop chemistry. And yes, that means our coaches have played Lucic, Rattie and Chiasson over him most of the time. Your dramatics don't change the fact that we don't need a guy who can't make the NHL as the centrepiece for Pulujarvi.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

I'm you'll understand in this instant:

McDavid after year 1 (age 18-19), i pretty much knew the type of player he was
Dylan Strome at the age of 20 i still didn't know the type of player he'd be

you did? then i'd suggest you should apply for a job in the NHL

but i didn't, so bravo to you

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
He was pulled from the top line almost immediately. He hasn't been given the opportunity to develop chemistry. And yes, that means our coaches have played Lucic, Rattie and Chiasson over him most of the time. Your dramatics don't change the fact that we don't need a guy who can't make the NHL as the centrepiece for Pulujarvi.

the only drama here is when Edmonton climbs on stage on Draft Day to announce who their next #1 bust pick is

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sonny Milano is f***ing garbage. Puljujarvi is 2 years younger, basically pretty close to putting the same type of numbers and has a much higher ceiling. When did a 22 year old can't put up a PPG in the AHL Sonny Milano become Puljujarvis trade worth ? ?? , this board man.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Pool party is a bust.

There's no way around it.

Hawks give Forsling and Sikura for Milano

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Have a look at the ice time, bud. Both Hitchcock and McLellan play Yahtzee with the lines FREQUENTLY.

Puljujarvi is averaging 11 minutes a night. I’m not sure where he puts allllll of these opportunities he’s getting. :laugh: give your head a shake. This is the most backwards logic I’ve ever seen.

I suppose by your logic Tyler Benson is a better prospect than Tyson Jost then, because he’s ‘unknown’ and ripping up the AHL.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well the point is "what is the trade value of Puljujarvi." The OP is a bad trade for Edmonton. Someone mentioned that Puljujarvi has the same value as Dylan Strome when he was traded. I was putting forth my opinion as to why that isn't the case. Plus we are on a thread board attempting to figure out the value of NHL players and make fair market (not usually) hypothetical trades.
Regardless, the Strome trade was bad value, so if Pulujarvi went for equivalent value, even if he does have less vale than Strome, it wouldn't be a worthwhile trade for Edmonton to make.

Reactions: TFHockey

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Have a look at the ice time, bud. Both Hitchcock and McLellan play Yahtzee with the lines FREQUENTLY.

Puljujarvi is averaging 11 minutes a night. I’m not sure where he puts allllll of these opportunities he’s getting. :laugh: give your head a shake. This is the most backwards logic I’ve ever seen.

I suppose by your logic Tyler Benson is a better prospect than Tyson Jost then, because he’s ‘unknown’ and ripping up the AHL.

the fact that you indirectly compare Jost to Puljujarvi is an issue for sure

but beyond that, take your head out of your A** about the 11mins

if i put Pulju on a first pairing for two periods that's already two periods more than Milano

so far your entire fanbase and org fail to comprehend prospects

i don't think it's a stretch to assume that Milano can potentially be as bad as Puljujujuju

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
the fact that you indirectly compare Jost to Puljujarvi is an issue for sure

but beyond that, take your head out of your A** about the 11mins

if i put Pulju on a first pairing for two periods that's already two periods more than Milano

so far your entire fanbase and org fail to comprehend prospects

i don't think it's a stretch to assume that Milano can potentially be as bad as Puljujujuju

Oh pray tell why shouldn’t be Puljujarvi be compared to Jost, oh almighty knower of all things prospect? They’re only both forwards from the same f***ing draft year with similar results and similar usage?

If you think Puljujarvi has gotten any kind of fair shot at a top six role with this team your head is buried a great deal deeper than in your ass.

Oh, and by the by. Milano’s most common linemates last year (when he actually did something for a change) were Bjorkstrand and Foligno. Lack of opportunities my left testicle, most Oilers forwards would kill for those linemates so don’t whinge at me about all the opportunities Puljujarvi has gotten especially when he’s been shackled to Milan Lucic all year long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad