• Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 193 61.1%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 123 38.9%

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Rantanen is the better player. More proven, bigger, and better defensively in my opinion. They both play with all star line mates, so that kinda cancels out here.

He’ll probably get overpaid now tho thanks to Marner/Matthews

Reactions: viper0220

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs fan -> These guys are so close it's ridiculous at this point in their career. Rantanen is bigger... Even strength, he gets to play with MacKinnon, who I'd rate over Tavares, so Rantanen has that advantage. Marner is a great back checker, doing very well on the PK, and is becoming very strong Defensively. Rantanen scores more.

Can I have both please?

Rantanen is going to have a much better contract, so I guess I take Rantanen. Otherwise, it's going to come down to fan allegiance, or which team you hate. These guys are close, it's great to have such talents in the league.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Rantanen is the better player. More proven, bigger, and better defensively in my opinion. They both play with all star line mates, so that kinda cancels out here.

Rantanen plays on the PK?

It is hard for Marner to prove how good he is without the puck (outside of killing penalties) because he seems to always have the puck when he's on the ice

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They're really close. I voted Marner but it's flip a coin.

I could see either of the 2 ending up as the better player moving forward

Reactions: Mac Attack

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Rantanen plays on the PK?

It is hard for Marner to prove how good he is without the puck (outside of killing penalties) because he seems to always have the puck when he's on the ice
Now the bar for good defense is simply being put on the PK?

Guess that explains why Matthews is weak defensively

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think youre splitting hairs with these guys right now. I like Rantanens size advantage and that might be the only thing that makes a difference here one way or the other. Offensively theyre really close,defensively I think they are as well. Not gonna vote because I think its too close but leaning slightly Rantanen if I'm building a team just because hes 6'4

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
ES Points/GP:

Marner: 0.63
Rantanen: 0.55

PP Points/60

Marner: 7.19
Rantanen: 5.78

Marner has been better at ES (despite playing less per game) and on the PP over their ELCs, despite Rantanen playing on the 2nd most stacked line in hockey.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Homer but I think Rantanen is the 2nd coming of Jagr. Marner is amazing but Rantanens ability to control the puck the corners using his body is a skill few have. Jagrs huge ass helped him and Rantanen is following suit.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Doesn't outproduce him, so how is he better?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I don't think there's an argument you can drop here and prove either one is better.. they're two players who are in the same tier, yet it's apples to oranges.

Whatever you prefer. Flashy Marner or big & strong Rantanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad