Mikko Rantanen - MOOSE - 96

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
This last stretch with MacK out, Mikko has proven he can drive his own line from the wing. When MacK comes back they should try splitting them up. Harder to do with Nuke hurt again though…

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Honestly think he’s been even better than the points suggest.

Agree that they’d be better off using him and MacK on separate lines. It is after all what they did in the playoffs.

I don’t see them doing it until they have a more healthy forward group though.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
giphy.gif

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
On pace to score 58 goals, breaking Sakics franchise single season record of 54.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh man. So glad we can look back on that now and things have greatly improved since.

Love or hate Roy’s tenure as coach, he was spot on with his response to that.

Yeah I'm in the vast minority here but I still maintain this was bad coaching and leadership by Patrick Roy.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Currently on a Hall of Fame pace. Maybe needs a major individual award to secure it but Mikko keeps up this pace of play for 6-7 more seasons hes a shoe in.
I wonder if nationality matters. He could go down as one of the best Finn's ever(way too early to say the best, Kurri and Selanne were amazing). I think he has a style which should last fairly long. Not relying a lot on super fast speed etc. More smarts, power. Those last longer.

I do think nationality matters a bit and why I think Kopitar is a shoe in HOF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad