Mikko Rantanen is the most underrated player in the league (by far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Great story bro.
13 points. 11 are primary points. And It's not about the points it's just the overall play he's been showing.
All people look at is points. I think he is looking good. He seems to gel with MacKinnon.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
his perception around the league is similar to Pastrnak

but Pastrnak finally got respect

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
13 points and he has missed probably 5 or 6 goals he would normally put in. Badly snakebitten so far.

Reactions: MrThomas

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One of candidates for Art Ross.

If his shot starts connecting like it usually does and the PP gets going, he & MacK should both find themselves in the top 10 by season’s end...though I do still expect MacK to just go off at some point & end up cracking 110 this year.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
13 points and he has missed probably 5 or 6 goals he would normally put in. Badly snakebitten so far.
Actually so true. He has hit the post/just missed/been robbed on a few glorious scoring opportunities so far that he's created.

From the moment I saw Mikko play, his style always reminded me of Jagr. If he can be a poor man's Jagr for his career, that's a hell of a hockey player. I just look forward to watching him in his prime.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Honestly can't argue with the thread title. There's probably no one else as good that gets as little talk as he does. It was Trocheck for a while but now he's that guy that always gets mentioned in "most underrated" threads which is when a guy stops becoming underrated IMO

As for the OP how big are your tiers that Laine is in the same tier as Matthews? They aren't close

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Actually so true. He has hit the post/just missed/been robbed on a few glorious scoring opportunities so far that he's created.

From the moment I saw Mikko play, his style always reminded me of Jagr. If he can be a poor man's Jagr for his career, that's a hell of a hockey player. I just look forward to watching him in his prime.

Kid’s a hybrid of Voracek’s skill & playmaking, with Wheeler’s power game and defensive instincts.

That line is perfect together but MacK n Mikko are both such good drivers that it almost feels wrong that they don’t each have their own line.

Reactions: MrThomas

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
No one cares about your hockey pools
Are you sure?

I'm leading my office pool by 19 points at the moment, thanks to Rantanen, Bergeron, and Aho. McDavid and Giroux have been very good for me as well. The other is a weekly head-to-head fantasy league, lost the first week but am up big half way through the second week, again thanks to Rantanen, Carlson, Ovechkin, and Seguin.

Of course no one care about someone else's hockey pool... the real question is why my post bothered you so much.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Are you sure?

I'm leading my office pool by 19 points at the moment, thanks to Rantanen, Bergeron, and Aho. McDavid and Giroux have been very good for me as well. The other is a weekly head-to-head fantasy league, lost the first week but am up big half way through the second week, again thanks to Rantanen, Carlson, Ovechkin, and Seguin.

Of course no one care about someone else's hockey pool... the real question is why my post bothered you so much.

If only you had the MacK n Mikko duo, then you'd be golden.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Are you sure?

Because if everyone starts doing it, the. A quarter of the comments just become hockey pool comments.

Is that what we want? A thread full of “he’s doing well for my hockey pool” comments?

There’s a sub forum for that.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Because if everyone starts doing it, the. A quarter of the comments just become hockey pool comments.

Is that what we want? A thread full of “he’s doing well for my hockey pool” comments?

There’s a sub forum for that.
So sorry to have wasted your time with my initial post, and this subsequent exchange.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Part of Rants being underrated definitely comes from last season, where he was literally just tapping in a puck from Mack or making a simple pass and getting a point

Early on he looked like Bambi on skates, falling down and making poor plays. But once Mack caught fire, Rants eventually found his game again and hasn't looked back. He's been better than Mack to start this season.

IMO Rants is in the same category as Drai.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad