Mikko Rantanen is the most underrated player in the league (by far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah it was pretty much all Mackinnon last season.

Probably opens up a few eyes this season.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I said two years ago that he will be Voracek but better at everything and i still stand by that.
Voraceks definitely a better rush player but Rantanen’s probably better at everything else at this point

Btw: 3 point behind the league lead in points with 1 game in hand!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He does seem to have hit another level this season. And he was excellent last year. But he's figured out he's 6'4, 215, he's worked on his strength on his skates, and so he's realized he can go out there and use his size to bully guys. Watching him throw his shoulder into guys coming in to hit him on the boards and just toss them off is awesome.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Considering how many were calling for regression or calling him overrated this offseason, yeah, underrated. Not in the Matthews/Laine/MacKinnon tier though. Just having a red hot start.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Honestly can't find much of a weakness for him right now. You can't even say he doesn't play physical anymore, he can flat out rough up people.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Considering how many were calling for regression or calling him overrated this offseason, yeah, underrated. Not in the Matthews/Laine/MacKinnon tier though. Just having a red hot start.

hes's definitely in that tier.

he just didn't have the pre draft hype of those guys. if he was drafted 1 or 2 overall he wouldn't be so underrated

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Makes a thread that a player is underrated and proceeds to overrate him in the opening post. Rare feat for sure.

The chemistry between him and MacK is crazy, that's a great line.

I mean right now/last season he's easily better than Laine, no to the 2nd.

& it really isn't a rare feat, pretty regular thing over the last few weeks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad