Player Discussion Mikko Koskinen

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I had a huntch when he was signed, that he was going to be the real deal. Proving me right so far. What a difference 2 guys have made with the rejuvenation of this team. Thank You Koskinen and Hitch

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFLB and WigWam

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I can tell he isn’t just a goalie on a hot streak. He is always in position and always seems to know where the puck is going. He Doesn’t over commit and doesn’t seem to get rattled. Quite amazing actually considering his poise in the pre season.

Reactions: Zguy370

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He had great numbers in the K but who would’ve thought he would have better numbers here? Not me that’s for sure. He’s been unbelievable for us and easily PC’s best pickup to date. With Kos and Hitch in place I haven’t been as confident in our defensive abilities since we had Pronger and Roli

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I had such a good feeling about him and told my brother when he was signed that I felt like he was going to be our Kiprusoff. When he's in net I feel like they are going to win and clearly so does the team. What a find, Chia and or whoever was responsible for this find definitely deserves some praise.

WigWam

May 22, 2015
I had such a good feeling about him and told my brother when he was signed that I felt like he was going to be our Kiprusoff. When he's in net I feel like they are going to win and clearly so does the team. What a find, Chia and or whoever was responsible for this find definitely deserves some praise.

Jari Kurri, but i'm not sure who the f*** is he. :D

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
To be honest Koskinen is playing in front of a much better defense now (thanks Hitch), but congrats to him, I didn't expected him to be at that level.

Obviously his size is a massive advantage, his post to post is way better than when he arrived in NHL, still needs to improve his speed, which isn't his best asset for sure. From the few games I watch recently his rebounds control has improved.

Don't see him to be the next Pekka Rinne, but a solid starter.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
If Koskinen keeps up this level of play into Feb, he needs to be locked up. Can't risk him going the UFA route because you know some team like Philly or even the Flames will throw money at him to get him signed. If we get Koskinen signed to an extension and the team is in the playoff spot come the trade deadline, i think you have to pretty much move Talbot for a draft pick

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
To be honest Koskinen is playing in front of a much better defense now (thanks Hitch), but congrats to him, I didn't expected him to be at that level.

Obviously his size is a massive advantage, his post to post is way better than when he arrived in NHL, still needs to improve his speed, which isn't his best asset for sure. From the few games I watch recently his rebounds control has improved.

Don't see him to be the next Pekka Rinne, but a solid starter.
Why does he “need to improve his speed” ? Sure looks like his speed and everything else is just fine. Considering he is 2nd in the league in stats barely behind rinne.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
He's been great. I was wrong.

After a shaky preseason i expected another Chia backup bust! But Lellan never gave him the chance to show what he was made of , continued to ice a shaky Talbot, probably a big reason why he lost his job.

Must say that this was a gift from the sky, you can see our team doesnt panic when hes in the net, he has huge impact to our improved play!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Dude, even Mike Condon and Mike Hammond have been first in stats so...
The problem was that when you watched those guys in their hot streaks there was chaos in the way they played. The thing I like about Koskinen is tha he is playing very clam in the nets. We are not seeing spectacular save after spectacular save that might well be unsustainable. Juts a guy who is big, can find the puck and when required can make that big stop. Hopefully its not a mirage but right now it looks like he can sustain his play longer term.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Chia’s really redeeming himself with this pickup. We could have a franchise goaltender in our hands because of Peter.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
And? My point is koskinen is 11-3. You said he “needs to improve his speed” and I’m saying evidently his speed is just fine.

I wonder what the numbers are with the combination of Hitch and Koski. I can think of just one OT loss, but I may be missing another loss or something.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Hitch was the coach but talbot was in net for the game haha. The only regulation loss for koskinen under hitch was Dallas. That’s insane.

You're right. I tried to check this and read that Hitch had his first game against Dallas, but it was actually his first home game.

FrmrPlyr

Dec 17, 2018
He looked good until last night. He barely moved on the Pettersson kid's shot or on the Boeser kid's shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad