TSN: Mikka Kiprusoff Will Stay

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If he wasn't ready to give 100% this season he should have retired, its a sad fact that his ****** goaltending has a big reason to play in way this team was blown up.

If that's a fact, then I think he deserves more credit for the Flames finally accepting reality and rebuilding than anyone else. He would have essentially done what no one else could, and that's convince the Flames organization that they should start looking to the future.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If that's a fact, then I think he deserves more credit for the Flames finally accepting reality and rebuilding than anyone else. He would have essentially done what no one else could, and that's convince the Flames organization that they should start looking to the future.

Disagree, not saying this team would have done great things but Kipper has been terrible for the most part and looks disinterest if he isn't giving 100% then I am pretty pissed.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Disagree, not saying this team would have done great things but Kipper has been terrible for the most part and looks disinterest if he isn't giving 100% then I am pretty pissed.

Well, let see how he does down the stretch. With the trade rumors gone, maybe he looks better. His numbers however will continue to look bad behind this defense.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Well, let see how he does down the stretch. With the trade rumors gone, maybe he looks better. His numbers however will continue to look bad behind this defense.

I am not talking about his numbers, but literally every other goalie we have tried as looked at least as good including Irving who we have given up on.

Maybe he does look better but I hate the thought that he wasn't trying his hardest.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Likely the best goalie in the league the last ten years. I wish him well on his retirement. He's one of those players that everyone likes because he has always been an elite guy and classy. I think he's earned his due.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am disappointed that Kiprusoff would not agree to be traded. It's time to close the door on that chapter, so I hope the reports of him retiring are accurate.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011

:clap:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Another classy guy. The fact that he didn't think it was fair to Toronto shows that he's one of the good ones. He also cares about his family and will honor his contract this year.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Kiprusoff has been the backbone for this team for a while now and is the main reason why we came even remotely close to the playoffs the last few seasons with his consecutive 70+ starts and has more than deserved his right to say no to a trade.

A classy guy and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

mjw22

Feb 10, 2012
moosejaw
Its pretty sad when a player or players give their all for 10-12 years to the fans and have idiots complain they didnt give enough. I was in favor of moving Iggy and Kipper long ago when the return would have made a difference to a rebuild. To say now at the end of thier careers they owe us even more and should uproot their families etc to stock the shelves is pretty petty. considering the ownership did little to nothing to maximize the talent these two had by adding the needed pieces to win why wouldnt they have the right to choose how /where they end their careers. Long before the networks and the talking heads turned the trade deadline into a media event this year more a disaster players were rarely moved in this way. Fans wanted their heroes to finnish their careers in their team colors and it mattered to players as well. Now its the what have you done for me yesterday mentality of the I want it NOW generation. Way to go IGGY and Kipper :handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad