TSN: Mikka Kiprusoff Will Stay

TylerSVT*

Just shows you that the Flames get basically nothing for their Franchise Forward, Defenseman, and now they get nothing for their Franchise Goaltender.

Excellent asset management by Feaster.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
Thanks for everything Kipper!
More than solid goal tending for so many years and staying healthy all that time made for spoiled Flames fan when it came to our tending

So what do the Flames do for the rest of the year with our goalies?

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
Darren Dreger has just confirmed on TSN that he will stay with the Flames then retire at the end of the season.

**please move this to another thread if needed

Okay - if ever there was a piece of news that should bury the management and condemn the owner it is this one. Two years ago Philly would have given up the moon for him. But because the "retool" was delayed too long - this. This is a serious story of mismanagement.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Just shows you that the Flames get basically nothing for their Franchise Forward, Defenseman, and now they get nothing for their Franchise Goaltender.

Excellent asset management by Feaster.

Are you insane? Kipper's choice has nothing to do with Feaster. But hey, way to make it look obvious that you're just looking for reasons to hate.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Okay - if ever there was a piece of news that should bury the management and condemn the owner it is this one. Two years ago Philly would have given up the moon for him. But because the "retool" was delayed too long - this. This is a serious story of mismanagement.
Yes because 2 years ago we thought we were a playoff team. Hindsight is 20-20.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I love Kipper, he looks like he has lost a step. I am happy to have him retire a Flame he is a great person and I hope he enjoys retirement.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
It is poor asset management by Feaster. He delayed the enevitable too long and let valuable assets depreciate before he moved them.

Two seasons ago Iginla and Kipper would have returned an increible amount. Now both are gone for a single first and 2 college players.

It's not Feaster's fault Kipper won't move and will retire, but it is his decision not to trade valuable assets when they still have value.

Edit: and yes I know the Owners wouldn't let Feaster make the moves so this is on the entire management team.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm happy about this. I get Iggy wanting to go somewhere, but you can tell family is more important to Kipper than a Cup and that's his right. The return wouldn't of been much more than a 2nd and some mid level prospect anyways. Personally I prefer this as Kipper can retire a Flame.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It is poor asset management by Feaster. He delayed the enevitable too long and let valuable assets depreciate before he moved them.

Two seasons ago Iginla and Kipper would have returned an increible amount. Now both are gone for a single first and 2 college players.

It's not Feaster's fault Kipper won't move and will retire, but it is his decision not to trade valuable assets when they still have value.

:laugh: Ownership wouldn't let him rebuild what could he do.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

He had a NMC and would of likely veto'd any trade anyways. Kipper has never shown any desire to leave here.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'm happy about this. I get Iggy wanting to go somewhere, but you can tell family is more important to Kipper than a Cup and that's his right. The return wouldn't of been much more than a 2nd and some mid level prospect anyways. Personally I prefer this as Kipper can retire a Flame.

Agreed. Good for Kipper, and I hope he enjoys his retirement after this season.

TylerSVT*

Yeah its totally Feasters fault Kipper is retiring...

Meh, that intellectual honesty should have seen this team rebuilding 2 years ago, last year at the least.

Now we get 2 late first round picks for our 3 best players.

Awesome.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Meh, that intellectual honesty should have seen this team rebuilding 2 years ago, last year at the least.

Now we get 2 late first round picks for our 3 best players.

Awesome.

So the fact that ownership wouldn't rebuild is now Feaster's fault?

What else can we blame on the guy? The Stock collapse? WW 2? Ware's broken leg?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He had a NMC and would of likely veto'd any trade anyways. Kipper has never shown any desire to leave here.

actually no desire to win a Stanley cup neither.

his attitude sucks...how many times he started the season our of shape and not ready?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
actually no desire to win a Stanley cup neither.

his attitude sucks...how many times he started the season our of shape and not ready?

135602_340.jpg

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
Should SJ blow it up right now? until this year we were one of only 3 teams in the league to have 90+ points every year.

This whole your team blew thing is overrated we were mediocre but never bad.

Looks guys I am not trying to start trouble. But I have watched this situation with particular interest for about 5 years now. I have watched every trade deadline day. This is a real thing. People have been astonished that this rebuild did not occur years ago. And last year that amazement reached a critical mass and people spoke out more because they thought it had reached an idiotic point. Here are some links to make the point:

http://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/2012/3/30/2913548/the-fans-must-demand-a-rebuild

Tis story is 2011 and the author speaks to the fact that even then he had heard "a zillion" times about why the flames don't rebuild:

http://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/2012/3/22/2893898/why-the-flames-can-not-do-a-nuclear-rebuild

http://redmileblog.com/2011/04/rebuild-or-re-tool-what-should-the-flames-do/

http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/08/flames-need-to-start-rebuilding

http://thehockeyhouse.net/calgary-flames/time-for-flames-to-rebuild/

And here from the hockey news - "flames rebuild long overdue".

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/49734-Calgary-Flames-rebuild-long-overdue.html

The point is that this is a team, and to some degree a fan base, that has reached the point of lunacy. There are a variety of reason for what has happened and some of those reasons are understandable. But in the end this was entirely foreseeable and inexcusable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad