TSN: Mikheyev

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
True, although he probably should be. He's another fast skater who doesn't work with Tavares, and as long as JT is inked in at 2C, he'll be wasted just like Willy.

It was - Hyman was absolute garbage last year, especially in the playoffs.
ok, and?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
These are his playoff stats.

19GP - 2G - 2A - 4P (2 ENG)
These are his playoff stats from this year:

7GP - 2G - 2A - 4Pts.

Sixth on the team in scoring while only 12th in ice time (and without top PP time). In fact, at even strength his line is exactly the same as JTs (2G, 2A), while playing almost a minute less per game.

Reactions: hotpaws

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

7GP - 2G - 2A - 4Pts.

Sixth on the team in scoring while only 12th in ice time (and without top PP time). In fact, at even strength his line is exactly the same as JTs (2G, 2A), while playing almost a minute less per game.

With 2 ENG... Don't forget those.

His stats were 0 goals on a goalie, 1 primary assist, 1 secondary assist, and 2 empty-net goals.

He's a useful player, but he is going to get overpaid. He has tunnel vision and because of that, he isn't super effective in the top 6. He is a good PKer, a great skater and he is hard to play against, I am sure. I just think he is replaceable and will likely be overpaid for what he brings.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
With 2 ENG... Don't forget those.

His stats were 0 goals on a goalie, 1 primary assist, 1 secondary assist, and 2 empty-net goals.

He's a useful player, but he is going to get overpaid. He has tunnel vision and because of that, he isn't super effective in the top 6. He is a good PKer, a great skater and he is hard to play against, I am sure. I just think he is replaceable and will likely be overpaid for what he brings.
Unless you're just there to pad your stats a la Ovi, it means you're trusted to play defensively, and if you watched, you'd know they weren't either desperation dumps from his own end, or the result of floating. And wasn't one of JTs ES goals a deflection off his foot?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Unless you're just there to pad your stats a la Ovi, it means you're trusted to play defensively, and if you watched, you'd know they weren't either desperation dumps from his own end, or the result of floating. And wasn't one of JTs ES goals a deflection off his foot?

and so was Tavares for all but 1 game but i keep reading he's worth the 11m he's getting paid

You two are the only two talking about Tavares. Mikheyev has not been good in the playoffs, this has nothing to do with Tavares.

I don't think we should resign him for what he is probably asking. 2 mil would be the top dollar I'd want to spend.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

7GP - 2G - 2A - 4Pts.

but but but Dubie didn't leave any money to sign him so as loyal subjects we must shit on him on the way out the door

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
but but but Dubie didn't leave any money to sign him so as loyal subjects we must shit on him on the way out the door

No one is shitting on him, simply saying for what he will likely get, he will be overpaid. If people think Kerfoot is overpaid or useless, I'd be curious to hear what Mikheyev is worth.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You two are the only two talking about Tavares. Mikheyev has not been good in the playoffs, this has nothing to do with Tavares.

I don't think we should resign him for what he is probably asking. 2 mil would be the top dollar I'd want to spend.
no one would bring up Tavares if posters like you didn't feel compelled to regurgitate the company line in every post

-can't get rid of Tavares so he needs to be pimped and defended
-can't afford Mik so he needs to be shit on

No one is shitting on him, simply saying for what he will likely get, he will be overpaid. If people think Kerfoot is overpaid or useless, I'd be curious to hear what Mikheyev is worth.
thinking he's only worth 2m because that's the top end we can probably afford is shitting on him , take a look at what guys like Coleman got last off season and get back to me

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
no one would bring up Tavares if posters like you didn't feel compelled to regurgitate the company line in every post

-can't get rid of Tavares so he needs to be pimped and defended
-can't afford Mik so he needs to be shit on

thinking he's only worth 2m because that's the top end we can probably afford is shitting on him , take a look at what guys like Coleman got last off season and get back to me

He isn't Coleman, he is worth less than Kerfoot. He is closer to Engvall than Coleman.

Maybe we just rate him a lot differently, but he is not Coleman.

Reactions: Azail

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He isn't Coleman, he is worth less than Kerfoot. He is closer to Engvall than Coleman.

Maybe we just rate him a lot differently, but he is not Coleman.
he's better than Coleman/Kerfoot and if Dubas dumped Kerfoot tomorrow and signed Mik for 4m you'd be whistling a different tune , lol

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'd rather the Oilers have to pay 500k more per season than take a 6th or 5th, whatever it was. Whatever can help drive McDavid away from Edmonton is fine by me, which is kind of what I figured the thought process was. Overpay to make it worth it.

Really hurt them last year.

Might not even be a thought process for them this year if the nhl follows their own cba and gives them a cap credit

We decided to give away the possibility of getting a pick to recieve nothing. Mcdavid isn't coming to this Shitshow btw

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Really not sure what you mean here with Ovi. If you ask Ovi he'll give up all his goals for another Stanly cup. That's how much he loves winning

Mika is unnecessarily loved around here. Decent player no doubt. But not worth the price tag.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Russian UFAs usually sign with NY metro, Florida or California teams. Mikheyev is probably looking for a Tanev or Goodrow type-deal. I figure NYR, NYI, Tampa, Florida and San Jose aren't in the mix. Leaving Anaheim, Los Angeles and New Jersey. Maybe Seattle and Dallas as well with no state tax. A 6th for his rights is what I'd expect, maybe a 5th if we're lucky.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
They can afford to sign a forward for what he’s probably going to get in the open market, it’s just wether or not he’s the wisest choice.
of course we can and we can also afford to sign a quality starting goalie and even though i kept reading our depth was elite last year we can afford to make our bottom 6 even more elite

and even though cap friendly says we're strapped for cash i'm sure we have enough cash to sign Malkin/Letang and add any goalie we like

Russian UFAs usually sign with NY metro, Florida or California teams. Mikheyev is probably looking for a Tanev or Goodrow type-deal. I figure NYR, NYI, Tampa, Florida and San Jose aren't in the mix. Leaving Anaheim, Los Angeles and New Jersey. Maybe Seattle and Dallas as well with no state tax. A 6th for his rights is what I'd expect, maybe a 5th if we're lucky.
Dubie earned a lot of respect last year for not caving and accepting a 6th for Hyman so i'm expecting he'll get at least a 3rd if not a 2nd for Mik's rights .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad