Confirmed with Link: Mikhail Berdin signs ELC

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Very encouraging to see his continued success in limited action. He turns 21 at the start of the month. The Jacksonville Icemen are a mediocre team that is for sure.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I thought he looked really good in the game on Monday I was at. Quick glove, and made some very quick reaction saves with quick legs as well.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Had to take the elusive 0 goals against regulation loss against The Admirals the other day. Came in in relief, stopped 15, Admirals scored on the empty net, then Moose scored after making Berdin technically in goal for the game winner against.

On a positive note .975sv% since being called up, on a less positive note Comrie seems to be slumping a bit.

Reactions: Jets4Life

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Had to take the elusive 0 goals against regulation loss against The Admirals the other day. Came in in relief, stopped 15, Admirals scored on the empty net, then Moose scored after making Berdin technically in goal for the game winner against.

On a positive note .975sv% since being called up, on a less positive note Comrie seems to be slumping a bit.

Sounds like we've got ourselves a goalie controversy on both the Jets and Moose. #FreetheBees

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Berdin is better than Comrie. The only question now is " can Berdin succeed in the NHL?"

To answer your question:

BlankImpoliteBass-max-1mb.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Did Berdin have a late growth spurt? He’s listed in some places as 6’3”.

IIRC he was listed as 6’0” when he was drafted, which is small by modern goalie standards. He looked and played small, too.

I’m much more optimistic about his pro chances if he has grown significantly. Goalie is the only position where size truly does matter, IMO.
Listed at 6'2" in the Jets Media Guide for the 2018 Development Camp. That seems about right... Carter Hart sized goalie.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Encouraging numbers with the Moose. If the Jets retain Brossoit and Comrie this off-season, it will be interesting to see what kind of workload Berdin gets with Manitoba next year.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
And just think, Berdin could be even further ahead of the curve had he been given the chance to face some top level CHL competition. But nope, had to clear some space for a couple of mediocre Jr. A goalies who may one day be good enough to play Canadian University hockey!

That CHL import goalie ban was literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I see it’s gone now, I guess someone with an IQ above 75 finally intervened.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Berdin once again comes up big, with a shutout yesterday to give him a 12-6-0 record, with a 0.935%. Hypothetically, if Helle were to become injured in the playoffs, and Brossoit is still not ready to step in, could the Jets call up Berdin this late into the game, or do we lose with Comrie?

Reactions: jetsfan15

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Berdin once again comes up big, with a shutout yesterday to give him a 12-6-0 record, with a 0.935%. Hypothetically, if Helle were to become injured in the playoffs, and Brossoit is still not ready to step in, could the Jets call up Berdin this late into the game, or do we lose with Comrie?

Hopefully Brossoit will be ready to play, as they've announced. If he's not, I'd not want to go with Comrie, for a "guaranteed" loss. I'd much rather have Berdin in --his numbers look great, although I haven't seen him play live. Sounds like he could be a good one though, and quite the character as well.

I'm not sure if the Jet's can call him up though ? not sure how it works ?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Comrie is done as a NHL goalie , too small and not near quick enough to make up for the small size . Berdin has gone ahead of Comrie and if Brossoit can't play Berdin deserves a shot .

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
have to agree, i think Comrie has topped out as a AHL starter. Hopefully Brossoit can be either signed to a decent contract or be traded for something. Anything to allow for the reign of the Berdin wall to begin!

Reactions: Jets 31

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

If we ever started Comrie for a playoff game someone should be fired immediately. We’d probably have a better chance with an empty net.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
have to agree, i think Comrie has topped out as a AHL starter. Hopefully Brossoit can be either signed to a decent contract or be traded for something. Anything to allow for the reign of the Berdin wall to begin!
Man is Berdin good at handling the puck too , he should be teaching Helly .

Reactions: Jets88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad