Confirmed with Link: Mikhail Berdin signs ELC

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I notice that Berdin's stats for the Moose are far superior than Comrie's. That is not saying much but why has he been demoted to the ECHL, considering he is 3-2-0, with a 0.921 saving %, while Comrie is a mediocre 8-9-0, with a 0.908 saving %. It's also worth noting that Berdin is 11-3-0 with Jacksonville of the ECHL.

Considering Berdin (20) is three years younger than Comrie (23), this has to be encouraging for the Jets.
Berdin is on the first year of his ELC, Comrie is on a two-way RFA contract with $175k quaranteed salary after having spent 5 years in the Entry-Level System. There has to be some pecking order going for the veteran.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not if he sucks.
To elaborate, I'm not a proponent of that approach, but the management may think otherwise. Generally speaking you don't serve for five years without getting little something in the way precedence over newcomers.

Also, I only now rememered there is an actual section in the CBA that codifies the vets first approach that may have had something to do with it:

13.11 No Loans to East Coast Hockey League. A Player who is not in the Entry Level System may not be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League without his consent.

If Comrie don't wanna, the CBA kind of says that he don't have to. He has been long enough signed to the NHL to now "force" the team to either keep him at least on the AHL level or let him go. If he so wants, the days of paying his dues in the juniors' juniors are over.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Kid's going to be our leading goalie point-getter. I swear he's looking for assists every time he plays the puck.

Reactions: Evil Little

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
BlankImpoliteBass-max-1mb.gif
If this is all he does in his career in our org, I will still consider him a success.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It isn't like our system is overflowing with prospective NHL goalies.

No, but ideally you want your top goalie prospect getting big time with the Moose, backed up by an AHL vet. I don't think they will trade Comrie either. Just putting forth a scenario that might lead to such a trade.

Might be a little wishful thinking on my part, too. The thought of him backing up Helly next year sends a chill down my spine. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, but ideally you want your top goalie prospect getting big time with the Moose, backed up by an AHL vet. I don't think they will trade Comrie either. Just putting forth a scenario that might lead to such a trade.

Might be a little wishful thinking on my part, too. The thought of him backing up Helly next year sends a chill down my spine. :laugh:

About like most of us expected from Brossoit going into this year? :laugh:

If Brossoit shakes off that last game and goes back to playing well, I expect him to be retained. But if not, then Comrie might well be it. And maybe he will be good. It could happen.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
About like most of us expected from Brossoit going into this year? :laugh:

If Brossoit shakes off that last game and goes back to playing well, I expect him to be retained. But if not, then Comrie might well be it. And maybe he will be good. It could happen.

Can we afford a Brossoit that excels?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Did Berdin have a late growth spurt? He’s listed in some places as 6’3”.

IIRC he was listed as 6’0” when he was drafted, which is small by modern goalie standards. He looked and played small, too.

I’m much more optimistic about his pro chances if he has grown significantly. Goalie is the only position where size truly does matter, IMO.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad