Mike Yeo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I like how you are trying to be the 'good guy' on these boards and I think you refuse to look at the stats. Nothing is Yeo's fault to you, all you do is defend him and blame the players. You either don't watch the game and how we play, or you are just blind to what is happening. This team is sinking, and we can't score. Yeo shows no emotion on the bench and makes terrible line decisions. He goes back to lines that work on paper but have NOT been working in real life.

I like how you think you know anything about what I think concerning this team and my opinion of Yeo.
Just so you know, you know NOTHING.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I like how you think you know anything about what I think concerning this team and my opinion of Yeo.
Just so you know, you know NOTHING.

You have been posting here all the time recently about how nothing we say is Yeo's fault. Apparently us sharing our opinions on a hockey enthusiasts forum about our team is invalid because the people who get payed to run our team are always correct. We can't be right because we aren't professionals.

Might as well not post here anymore, seeing as how the professionals know what they are doing and our ideas don't matter. You can compare this idea to government and politics -- the people we have in office are elected and payed 'professionals' and know what they are doing so therefore we should not interfere and our opinions are invalid. People in high positions are just that, people. Just like us, and nothing more. Because somebody is a 'professional' doesn't make their opinion, ideas or decisions any better than ours.

I like your motto as well, acting like we just overreact to everything. That just is simply false. This team is crumbling and falling in the standings. We can't score goals, and this has been a common trend ever since Yeo became coach.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Oh excuse me for thinking that people that actually work in the game and are in the locker room daily might know more than the vaunted posters of HFwild.
I'm not defending Yeo, but I'm also not blaming him for everything that goes wrong with this team. He doesn't need to yell on the bench in order to be effective, but apparently it's a flaw that he doesn't chew people out on the bench.
As I've said before, there is no indication that he has lost the locker room or that management has lost faith in him but according to posters, they've quit on him, can't play for him and it just can't work.
Are we struggling a bit? Yeah. Are they dead in the water? Absolutely not. It's December, the season isn't even half over yet but according to the vaunted HFwild fans, they're dead and won't make the playoffs. Well hell, might as well cancel the rest of the season then.
I also don't know how it came to be that Laviolette was the answer to the desperate cries of the fanbase. Would he even be interested in coaching here? We have no idea but he is the guy, no question.
It's just gotten old every day seeing Yeo hammered for everything that goes wrong when it is likely a combo of a lot of things.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Oh calm down.

For what it's worth, I don't think Yeo has lost control of the locker room. Quite the opposite, I think the locker room may be listening to him too much.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Oh excuse me for thinking that people that actually work in the game and are in the locker room daily might know more than the vaunted posters of HFwild.
I'm not defending Yeo, but I'm also not blaming him for everything that goes wrong with this team. He doesn't need to yell on the bench in order to be effective, but apparently it's a flaw that he doesn't chew people out on the bench.
As I've said before, there is no indication that he has lost the locker room or that management has lost faith in him but according to posters, they've quit on him, can't play for him and it just can't work.
Are we struggling a bit? Yeah. Are they dead in the water? Absolutely not. It's December, the season isn't even half over yet but according to the vaunted HFwild fans, they're dead and won't make the playoffs. Well hell, might as well cancel the rest of the season then.
I also don't know how it came to be that Laviolette was the answer to the desperate cries of the fanbase. Would he even be interested in coaching here? We have no idea but he is the guy, no question.
It's just gotten old every day seeing Yeo hammered for everything that goes wrong when it is likely a combo of a lot of things.

You are over exaggerating our thoughts. This is a sports forum, and also on the internet.

The team isn't dead in the water, but certainly pretty stale and can't score.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
You are over exaggerating our thoughts. This is a sports forum, and also on the internet.

The team isn't dead in the water, but certainly pretty stale and can't score.

No, I'm not exaggerating anything. And so it's the internet, your point?

When the players turn on him or management does, then it'll be time for a change, but until then, this whole thread is IMO pointless.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
No, I'm not exaggerating anything. And so it's the internet, your point?

When the players turn on him or management does, then it'll be time for a change, but until then, this whole thread is IMO pointless.

It's the internet, many people overly exaggerate us losing and the teams situation. You are on a hockey forum where fans get pissed off and post things they often don't mean. We are passionate hockey fans. Also, tone of voice isn't properly displayed through only text.

I don't quite understand your logic. The players need to turn on him in order for him to be fired? So we can suck badly and not expect a change because him and the players are friends. So Buffalo shouldn't of fired their coach?

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
All this coming from the guy that thinks we should give Yeo an extension because he might be doing bad in fear of losing his job....

The fact that people took that post seriously speaks volumes about the rationality of the posts in this thread.

#Yeo4JackAdams

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Every single one of those coaches you listed has had elite talent their entire career.

It's 90% talent 10% coaching IMO.

College football is different because coaching makes a huge difference in recruiting because there's no monetary incentive. Saban is successful because he can recruit the best talent.

Phil Jackson won his titles with MJ and Kobe in a sport where all you really need are 2 players and a bunch of guys willing to pass to those two.

Bowman had elite talent as well.

You may think a coach needs to yell and scream to be successful... but it's very counterproductive IMO. At the NHL level the players are no longer kids, and you'll lose a locker room very fast with that type of attitude.

What about coaches who have coached elite talent and could not get them to buy into a system and/or be the X-factor? Lakers fired their HC last year because they could not win and they had a pretty elite team. Detroit fired their HC after very subpar performances after Bowman retired. Chicago fired theirs for JQ and that team was the exact same one that won the cup in 2010. I could go on and on with this. You need a certain type of coach who can harness the talent within a team and utilize it to the best of their abilities. Yeo cannot do that. Richards could not do that. Lemaire was able to take something mediocre and at least keep up. Yeo has done nothing but change the system to some bastardized semblance of a puck possession system that uses dump and chase as a method of zone entrance.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
I disagree. In almost every sport, coaching is very overrated, hockey is no excuse.

Players make plays, the system puts them in position to do so. A team with this many kids is gonna have a few bad stretches. You don't fire the coach over a bad couple weeks.

The Pittsburgh game is what this team needed. A look in the mirror type of game. Don't be surprised when this team rattles off a few wins, I'll save all your spots on the bandwagon.

Please, pay more attention, i not talking about a "couple weeks" i talking about the last years with TR and Yeo.

Yeah, it would be really nice for us to "rattles off a few wins", but then we would start to play poorly again, scoring would drop and we all know the history.

Its all about consistency dude and we dont have it, good teams do, cause they have good coaches who knows how to place their teams back together, even if it takes a few games. Every team do it, but some like us have it all the time.

Koivu, Parise, Suter, Pominville, Brodz,etc (more ice time). They aren't kids...

Also: since i'ts 90% talent and 10% coaching i guess Edmonton is a really good team right?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Please, pay more attention, i not talking about a "couple weeks" i talking about the last years with TR and Yeo.

Yeah, it would be really nice for us to "rattles off a few wins", but then we would start to play poorly again, scoring would drop and we all know the history.

Its all about consistency dude and we dont have it, good teams do, cause they have good coaches who knows how to place their teams back together, even if it takes a few games. Every team do it, but some like us have it all the time.

Koivu, Parise, Suter, Pominville, Brodz,etc (more ice time). They aren't kids...

Also: since i'ts 90% talent and 10% coaching i guess Edmonton is a really good team right?

Some people just do not believe it is the coaching that can make and break games. I'm of the mindset that you can have a team of all fantastic players, but if you don't have a coach who can bring them together and play something solid, and make the changes that need to, you are not going to go far in this league.

Herb Brooks: All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The Soviets win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team.

Edmonton is a great example of drafting highly touted prospects and having some pretty good veteran talent and absolutely stinking it up on the ice. IIRC, after they drafted Hall and RNH everyone kept saying how they were destined for playoffs for the next decade. They haven't even come close.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Its Time!! Getting pretty old seeing the same old performances on the road. beyond unacceptable

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
the bad thing is it is XMAS this week dont think they would fire him after tomorrow!

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
the bad thing is it is XMAS this week dont think they would fire him after tomorrow!

I don't care if it is Christmas time, and the management shouldn't either. We pay to watch, we pay for their merchandise and we support this team. The fans are more important than an the feelings of an unsuccessful coach right now. We need to win. It's sad that the management is accepting this type of play right now. The fans deserve better.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I don't care if it is Christmas time, and the management shouldn't either. We pay to watch, we pay for their merchandise and we support this team. The fans are more important than an the feelings of an unsuccessful coach right now. We need to win. It's sad that the management is accepting this type of play right now. The fans deserve better.

Do we, though? I mean, what separates us from, say, Pens or Hawks fanbase? The fact that our recent history is less glorious, so we're "harder to support"? I'm not buying that. Nothing separates us from other 29 fanbases apart from the colours we wear.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Do we, though? I mean, what separates us from, say, Pens or Hawks fanbase? The fact that our recent history is less glorious, so we're "harder to support"? I'm not buying that. Nothing separates us from other 29 fanbases apart from the colours we wear.

What?

The Pens and Hawks fanbases have better teams, and get great support. The Wild have great support, and continue to stink beyond belief.

We have the best roster that we have ever had, and still struggle to score goals. Change the coach. That's what the Kings did and they went on to win the cup as the 8th seed.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I still have yet to see anyone with a legit reason why Laviolette is the savior. It just screams of making a change for the sake of making one. Again, unless management loses faith, or the players turn on Yeo, he is going nowhere.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I still have yet to see anyone with a legit reason why Laviolette is the savior. It just screams of making a change for the sake of making one. Again, unless management loses faith, or the players turn on Yeo, he is going nowhere.

Oh I dont know maybe he is a proven winner in the NHL. Over 100 games over .500 been to 2 Stanley Cups and won 1 of them. Could probably get a lot more production out of this roster than Yeo is getting.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Exactly. Calm down, people. I think Fletcher knows a bit more about this team than any of us and to be honest, our puck luck hasn't been exactly great lately, either. I think we would employ the puck possession style that we had earlier in the season if it was possible, but as shown by Rangers tonight, it can be neglected by an aggressive forecheck and tight defensive play. With that said, Yeo really needs to start adjusting better. The Rangers got in our faces starting from the 2nd period and it seemed that we simply couldn't answer that. It's not acceptable at this level. Still, I'm not very convinced that Laviolette is the answer, either.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Oh I dont know maybe he is a proven winner in the NHL. Over 100 games over .500 been to 2 Stanley Cups and won 1 of them. Could probably get a lot more production out of this roster than Yeo is getting.

Maybe, but I also look at the end of his Flyers career and that was not pretty. Was that the players or him? Could be both, but it should cast a little doubt on savior status.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Maybe, but I also look at the end of his Flyers career and that was not pretty. Was that the players or him? Could be both, but it should cast a little doubt on savior status.
The only one who has used the savior word is you. The rest of us just want see a better coach than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad