Mike Yeo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So the other thread got maxed and we have a must win game tonight. While Generall Yeo's chair is a little cooler it won't stay cool if we loose.

I have grown sour on tour coach, I was a supported early on and will be again if he prove to me to get this team motivated.

Win tonight and I will cool off, lose and I'll be crying for change. :yo:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No matter what, I say he goes.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Well i suppose someone had to do it. might as well be one of the obvious people.

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
20110616__Yeo%201_400.jpg

#believeinyeo

soundjam

Jul 3, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I don't get why you're all crying for blood. At this point if they can't beat one of Edmonton and Colorado its on the team as much as the coach.

I say give him a full preseason and see how he does after that. I guess I don't see the point in showing Yeo the door on knee jerk reaction when we don't know if his replacement is going to be worse. Its overreactions like these that keep teams in a constant rebuild.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
What's really embarrassing is those who call others embarrassing, simply because they have a different opinion.

I'd agree with this. You can argue both ways on Yeo, and it comes down to personal opinion on how people want to see a hockey team play. If everyone thought the same all the time, that would be embarrassing...although we'd be too busy agreeing with each other to notice.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't get why you're all crying for blood. At this point if they can't beat one of Edmonton and Colorado its on the team as much as the coach.

I say give him a full preseason and see how he does after that. I guess I don't see the point in showing Yeo the door on knee jerk reaction when we don't know if his replacement is going to be worse. Its overreactions like these that keep teams in a constant rebuild.

At this point it's not knee-jerk. This has been building for a while. His system is completely flawed. It's built to turn all four lines into grinder lines. It makes the team work way too hard to score. It completely forgets the very existence of the slot. And to top it all off some fan from Chicago was able to spot the exact pattern of it in one game. How hard do you think it is for the other team to know exactly what to expect?

Yeo seems very inflexible as far as his system goes. He wants his guys playing strictly according to his game plan with no deviation, which severely restricts the creativity some of our skill guys could be using. He has proven himself to be unable to think on his feet during a game. He can't manage matchups worth a damn, he mis-manages time-outs, he always pulls the goalie 2-3 goals too late, and he consistently favors grinder players over players who actually have a chance to score goals on a regular basis.

Yeo is a nice guy, but he is in way over his head here. I'm sorry, but it really is time for him to go. Two years, one epic collapse last year, and another catastrophic slide this year makes for a pattern. Last year we had the injury card as an excuse. This year we have been more or less healthy and we still wilted down the stretch even while the division lead was in our control. I'm certain at this point that our winning streak earlier this season was in spite of, rather than because of, Yeo's system. Why? Because the team was actually playing hockey rather than grind-along-the-boards like Yeo wants us to play.

I really do not care if we get to the playoffs or not as far as this decision goes. Regardless of how the season ends, I want Yeo to go, and I want the Wild to go out there and get an experienced head coach. This team has the talent. It needs a coach with a system that can be used to play actual hockey.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
It's really embarrassing to call someone embarrassing for being embarrassed.

I've seen some of these "new comers" here come on here slamming others calling their comments embarrassing lately. I take offense to that. It's a rude way to be, and adds nothing to the conversation. If you have a different point of view than others on a subject in a thread, either post your own opinion, or don't post at all. And then have the guts to stand on the things you say, and not call your boyfriend, or girlfriend asking them to post afterwards to support what you said. That's BS.

To just post you guys are embarrassing is nothing more than name calling.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
This is a bit ridiculous. If we play Anaheim in round 1 and win, we play Chicago in round 2. No chance we beat them. Sorry, but dont expect a deep playoff run. And Yeo wont go if they make the playoffs.

I agree that I believe Yeo will not go if we make the playoffs. At this point, although I don't necessarily like Yeo as the coach, I'd like to see what he can do with a full training camp.

Essentially, the excuses he's been able to use this year will not be available next year (no training camp and no practice time).

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
I've seen some of these "new comers" here come on here slamming others calling their comments embarrassing lately. I take offense to that. It's a rude way to be, and adds nothing to the conversation. If you have a different point of view than others on a subject in a thread, either post your own opinion, or don't post at all. And then have the guts to stand on the things you say, and not call your boyfriend, or girlfriend asking them to post afterwards to support what you said. That's BS.

To just post you guys are embarrassing is nothing more than name calling.

I have posted my opinion, multiple times. I just find it useless to argue with people who are so dead set in their idea that Yeo has to be fired when it clearly isn't going to happen.

Also, I said IT'S embarrassing. The action is embarrassing, not the person.

The continued temper tantrum over Yeo not doing what you think he should be doing IS embarrassing. If someone thinks they can coach better, by all means step out from behind the computer and do it.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
I have posted my opinion, multiple times. I just find it useless to argue with people who are so dead set in their idea that Yeo has to be fired when it clearly isn't going to happen.

The continued temper tantrum over Yeo not doing what you think he should be doing IS embarrassing. If someone thinks they can coach better, by all means step out from behind the computer and do it.

I'm mostly a bystander in this spat, but that's not a fair argument. Most here aren't in a remotely close position to prove any type of (or lack of) coaching prowess for the Wild, regardless of if they wanted to or not.

Besides, if we can't armchair quarterback, we may as well not be sports fans.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota

Welcome to internet forums, especially this one. That's mainly what goes on here.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
I'm mostly a bystander in this spat, but that's not a fair argument. Most here aren't in a remotely close position to prove any type of (or lack of) coaching prowess for the Wild, regardless of if they wanted to or not.

Besides, if we can't armchair quarterback, we may as well not be sports fans.

Fiiiine, I concede that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad