Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
61963545.jpg

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I was talking with someone at Lifetime this morning about how frustrated we are as season ticket holders and both believe if they lose against the Rangers and Blues Yeo will likely be fired.

My concern was there are no candidates available; 3 years ago Lindy Ruff was sitting there when the Wild almost lost the final playoff spot to Columbus and I was actually hoping Fletcher would fire Yeo anyway. I mean if you can upgrade at center or wing whenever possible why not upgrade at coach if you had the chance?

Honestly, here was my list of coaches if Yeo gets fired say Sunday (its a prediction).

Wes Walz (interim tag only; an emotional guy who would not play favorites)
Todd Richards (he got screwed in Columbus and I thought did a great job with what he had).
Guy Boucher

Two offseasons ago right after he was let go of the Flyers, I really wanted the Wild to hire Laviolette and get rid of Yeo. Of course this was after the Wild had just won their first playoff series in how many years so it really wasn't going to happen. If only...

Billy Mays Here*

Two offseasons ago right after he was let go of the Flyers, I really wanted the Wild to hire Laviolette and get rid of Yeo. Of course this was after the Wild had just won their first playoff series in how many years so it really wasn't going to happen. If only...

Can guarantee you were not the only one who wanted Laviolette.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I've seen Todd Richards' name come up a few times. Having seen as many of Columbus' games as I have, I feel I can safely say that Leipold/Fletcher would be insane to bring him back here. Again, like Yeo, he's not a "bad" coach (he also happens to be a great guy), but if you think Yeo defers to veterans and is more concerned with making the players happy than actually winning games....... well, let's just say Columbus fired Richards and replaced him with John "Drill Sergeant Mary Poppins" Tortorella for a reason. Seriously, go over to their board and search "country club atmosphere". Actually, no, don't, your browser will explode.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I can't believe people are suggesting we should bring Todd Richards back! Why in God's name would we want him back? Stop with the young, relatively inexperienced coaches who defer to veterans. I know this forum hates Carlyle but at least hire him before Richards!

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Why? Why can't Ron Wilson take over? Yeo's not going to get this team anywhere anyway. Considering we aren't going to win a Cup with Yeo at the helm (beyond obvious now), wouldn't it be in the team's best interest NOT to have Yeo around in case the miraculous run to get into the playoffs happens again? On top of it... it wouldn't be "horrible" missing the playoffs if Wilson isn't up to snuff either, as that improves the draft position.

I just don't see a positive side to keeping Yeo.

Dear god no!

Ron Wilson or Guy Boucher would be my choices now. But that could change in the off season!

I don't get why the wild generally have pretty good starts to the season and then fail halfway through the year. Gotta be the coaching. Let's let Someone else have a shot at coaching this team and see if it's truly coaching or players. Parise was trying to take a proactive approach to the PP and have the coaches done anything to improve it or make proper changes? Nope.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I guess I would be fine with Walz to finish the season and then see who is available this off season. I would guess Therien would be available this off season Hitchcock also? either of those names intrigue anyone?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So you want Walz, who is a HS coach of a team that is doing worse than the Wild, to be our coach? Look , I think he's an insightful TV analyst and seems to be a nice guy, but doesn't he have to, you know, be able to coach a bit? Or will he be like Trump and hire people that know how to coach?

Lucia? Really?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
So you want Walz, who is a HS coach of a team that is doing worse than the Wild, to be our coach? Look , I think he's an insightful TV analyst and seems to be a nice guy, but doesn't he have to, you know, be able to coach a bit? Or will he be like Trump and hire people that know how to coach?

Lucia? Really?

Interim coach wouldnt be bad for 30 games, I think he would be better than anyone on this current staff then you can see who is available during the off season!
he was a assistant coach in the league you know?? Just cause he is coaching a high school team doesnt mean he isnt qualified

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
So if the Wild lay an egg the next 2 road games do you guys feel it could be possible that a coaching change is made after Saturday? there would be 3 days off then a home game? What percent do you put a coaching change at before Tuesday if they lose the next 2 games?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So if the Wild lay an egg the next 2 road games do you guys feel it could be possible that a coaching change is made after Saturday? there would be 3 days off then a home game? What percent do you put a coaching change at before Tuesday if they lose the next 2 games?

No. They ride the season out with Yeo, no matter how bad it gets, IMO.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I wouldnt mind Walz.

Walz can fall back on. I had speed i could score in junior. It wasnt until i busted my butt playing D that i made a name in the NHL.

Show a few clips of him in Floppers face getting roughed up and keep ticking. No one can argue with him when he demands more hustle or intensity. He did it.

He could be respected by the vets for having been an NHLer and a PINTA to play against and can bring some wisdom for guys like Haula and Graovac about what it means to find a niche and succeed that way.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Eh. I feel like that's Yeo's way of saying instead of looking for outside help like in year's past, it's time to dig deep and win from within. What else do you expect him to say at this point? "I suck, we suck, everything sucks"?

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I guess I would be fine with Walz to finish the season and then see who is available this off season. I would guess Therien would be available this off season Hitchcock also? either of those names intrigue anyone?

I want nothing to do with either of these coaches nor do I want Richards back. Boudreau would likely be available this offseason. He would be who I would target. It's not his fault Murray bled away all of his forwards.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Yeo wasn't canned last year so he will last the year. Fletcher wouldn't do it anytime soon. Unless they fell way out of playoff contention and a change was inevitable. They are still right in the hunt in his mind, or that's what he is selling to Leipold.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Yeo wasn't canned last year so he will last the year. Fletcher wouldn't do it anytime soon. Unless they fell way out of playoff contention and a change was inevitable. They are still right in the hunt in his mind, or that's what he is selling to Leipold.

because it was obvious goaltending was the issue

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
We have just about the same amount of goals per game as Nashville and they also almost got shut out for five straight games. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad