Mike Yeo Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Nothing to discuss. He's in over his head and it's plain as day.

Yep in over his head so far he guided the team to the 2nd round of the playoffs just 7 months ago and could have easily gone to the conference finals!

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Per @Russostrib, "Yeo is going nuts in practice. Just slammed his stick in the middle of a scrum; screaming his head off."

Per @Russostrib, "Yeo now skating the heck out of the mnwild players without pucks #herbies"

Per @Russostrib, "Yeo just stormed off the ice after slamming his stick against the glass"

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Per @Russostrib, "Yeo is going nuts in practice. Just slammed his stick in the middle of a scrum; screaming his head off."

Per @Russostrib, "Yeo now skating the heck out of the mnwild players without pucks #herbies"

Per @Russostrib, "Yeo just stormed off the ice after slamming his stick against the glass"

We seem to have entered the meltdown stage of Yeo's career.

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Per @Russostrib, Thomas Vanek: "I think Yeo finally lost it." Mentioned it may have been needed. "I think it was good."

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Pretty sure Yeo's feeling the heat. I mean, even in the roughest of stretches, you don't see that kind of a complete meltdown tirade very often.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Dont think he is doing this cause he feels the heat! He is doing this to try and light some type of fire under an under performing team! 6 points back in January could turn to double digits behind in a week and if it gets to that point its over

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Dont think he is doing this cause he feels the heat! He is doing this to try and light some type of fire under an under performing team! 6 points back in January could turn to double digits behind in a week and if it gets to that point its over

I think the whole thing is not pre-meditated at all. Slamming his stick on the ice and on the glass when storming out and leaving the practice early - it just sounds like his emotions finally got the better of him. I don't think he was calculating the effect of this scene on the team, he just let his anger flow through him. Heat of the moment.

Interesting to see if they respond at all. If not, I think he will be fired shortly.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I think the whole thing is not pre-meditated at all. Slamming his stick on the ice and on the glass when storming out and leaving the practice early - it just sounds like his emotions finally got the better of him. I don't think he was calculating the effect of this scene on the team, he just let his anger flow through him. Heat of the moment.

Interesting to see if they respond at all. If not, I think he will be fired shortly.

Nothing has gone right for him this season. Gone from a team looking like they could take a huge step forward and instead took a massive leap backwards. Terrible goaltending, flu, mumps. Nothing can go right. He's been questioned about his job security countless times since he's been here. He's always seemed to keep level headed throughout and as with any human being, if you let things bottle up eventually you explode. Interested to see how the team reacts

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
it will go one of two ways. Either they all take it to heart and go out and play Stanely Cup Game 7 style of hockey tomorrow and get a win, or they coast around, look flat, get beat and continue to piss everyone off.

the bigger kicker is, if we come out like a beast tomorrow and win, then lay an egg against Nashville then we are right back where we started from.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Yeo might actually need a team of grinders to be any good.

A locker of nobodies who know they can't win unless they skate themselves to death. The wild have too much talent and has convinced itself it can win hockey games with less than 60 min effort.

If they completely fall flat next game or two he could be in trouble. But I think he could have success in NHL...he wouldn't be first fired wild coach to have success elsewhere.

Billy Mays Here*

Hate him all you want but I say good for him. About time he unleashes on these bunch of slackers. Poor little Mikko threw a hissy fit and left the ice after aggravating an injury (the yearly Koivu injury is here at last, surprised it took this long). Too bad he's taking a lot of heat for something that Fletcher should have fixed a while ago. Give this team solid goaltending this season and we're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
B6xK5AkCYAAe7nM.png

Would be willing to give him a mulligan if this didn't happen every year.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Hate him all you want but I say good for him. About time he unleashes on these bunch of slackers. Poor little Mikko threw a hissy fit and left the ice after aggravating an injury (the yearly Koivu injury is here at last, surprised it took this long). Too bad he's taking a lot of heat for something that Fletcher should have fixed a while ago. Give this team solid goaltending this season and we're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

If Mikko is out for awhile, the Wild and Yeo are cooked. Can't win in this league with Haula/Brodziak/Carter/Coyle down the middle.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I like the meltdown. Something needed to happen that might change things. This could be it. We will see.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Give this team solid goaltending this season and we're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Sorry, but this just sounds so hindsight. We have the same goaltending as we had last season. How was anybody supposed to expect all of our goalies to **** the bed this year after basically carrying us last year?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Can be a good sign or can be a bad one. When you're tough and demanding, it doesn't necessarily mean you should scream like an animal and go nuts. You can be tough and emotional but consistent at the same time.

If he showed some emotion, good. If he lost it, bad. Of course I don't know what it was, so lets see how the team responds.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
B6xK5AkCYAAe7nM.png

Would be willing to give him a mulligan if this didn't happen every year.

I'd hoped that this wouldn't happen again this year given how he grew as a coach during last years playoff...but he has shrunk back down and has gone back to the old bad habits, and here we are again in a meltdown that seems so much worse than any of the previous.

I could stand it if it was a peak to start the season followed by a slight dip and level off, but what we see every year is a peak followed by a roller coaster drop followed by a sine wave that may or may not result in playoffs depending on which way it trends.

I'm tired of it. Genuinely thought this was the year he figured it all out thanks to going 7 with Colorado and almost taking Chicago to game 7 on the back of stellar efforts from the kids, but here we are with the vets being over-relied on while not being taken to task and the worst midseason collapse I have seen since Yeo's first year.

Bring in the Walrus.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
it will go one of two ways. Either they all take it to heart and go out and play Stanely Cup Game 7 style of hockey tomorrow and get a win, or they coast around, look flat, get beat and continue to piss everyone off.

the bigger kicker is, if we come out like a beast tomorrow and win, then lay an egg against Nashville then we are right back where we started from.

That's the most likely outcome. Continue to tread water, neither sinking nor swimming.

#MinnesotaSportsTeams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad