Mike Yeo Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Problem is I don't see this team turning it around under Yeo. Everyone, even those we can usually count on like Suter and Parise, look tired on the ice. Nobody is producing and we're sinking behind the Avs and the Predators, two teams who we should be able to beat any day.

Completely agreed, and that's something I've thought for awhile. I don't think Yeo is a bad coach by any means and I will give him credit where it is due. The problem is I don't think THIS team can be anything more than a 2nd Round Exit team with Yeo at the helm. Again, that's not to say he's a bad coach, but he and the players are clearly not clicking with each other like they should and that needs to be addressed.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Whats Gordon Bombay up to these days?

Looks like he stayed out in California and indulged in some of the luxuries..

Emilio-Estevez_Bobby_HD_768x432-16x9.jpg

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Pierre LeBrun just had an article stating Daryl Sutter's contract with the Kings is up at the end of the year and he doesn't have an extension yet.

I'd be intrigued, at the least.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
If there was any coaching change it would be in our best interests for it to be in the offseason. Even if we could take a flyer on a random coach now, what are our hopes? Miraculously sneak into the playoffs again and lose to Chicago in the 2nd round? No thanks.

This team needs to either turn it around NOW and fire Yeo in the offseason, or lose out and fire Yeo in the offseason. No more "go on a run and make the wild card spot and Yeo's job is safe yet again" ********.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Just fire Yeo and bring in Kevin Dineen as HC, Nik Lidstrom and Oates as ACs and call it a day.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
If Lidstrom would ever leave Sweden to come back here and be the Dman coach I would be soooo happy.

While it would be cool. I don't see a need. Our D core is pretty good and we have been pretty good at developing them as well. (Spurgeon, Scandella) Remains to be seen what we have in Dumba, Oloffson, and Reilly. But early indications are good I'd say. I'm not sure who to credit for that? Sydor?

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
Just fire Yeo and bring in Kevin Dineen as HC, Nik Lidstrom and Oates as ACs and call it a day.

If only, if only. It would certainly do wonders for the organization; and if they made that change before the end of the season we could do something in the playoffs.

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
I was talking with someone at Lifetime this morning about how frustrated we are as season ticket holders and both believe if they lose against the Rangers and Blues Yeo will likely be fired.

My concern was there are no candidates available; 3 years ago Lindy Ruff was sitting there when the Wild almost lost the final playoff spot to Columbus and I was actually hoping Fletcher would fire Yeo anyway. I mean if you can upgrade at center or wing whenever possible why not upgrade at coach if you had the chance?

Honestly, here was my list of coaches if Yeo gets fired say Sunday (its a prediction).

Wes Walz (interim tag only; an emotional guy who would not play favorites)
Todd Richards (he got screwed in Columbus and I thought did a great job with what he had).
Guy Boucher

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I was talking with someone at Lifetime this morning about how frustrated we are as season ticket holders and both believe if they lose against the Rangers and Blues Yeo will likely be fired.

My concern was there are no candidates available; 3 years ago Lindy Ruff was sitting there when the Wild almost lost the final playoff spot to Columbus and I was actually hoping Fletcher would fire Yeo anyway. I mean if you can upgrade at center or wing whenever possible why not upgrade at coach if you had the chance?

Honestly, here was my list of coaches if Yeo gets fired say Sunday (its a prediction).

Wes Walz (interim tag only; an emotional guy who would not play favorites)
Todd Richards (he got screwed in Columbus and I thought did a great job with what he had).
Guy Boucher

I think he goes to MTL once they fire Therrien.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If there was any coaching change it would be in our best interests for it to be in the offseason. Even if we could take a flyer on a random coach now, what are our hopes? Miraculously sneak into the playoffs again and lose to Chicago in the 2nd round? No thanks.

This team needs to either turn it around NOW and fire Yeo in the offseason, or lose out and fire Yeo in the offseason. No more "go on a run and make the wild card spot and Yeo's job is safe yet again" ********.

Why? Why can't Ron Wilson take over? Yeo's not going to get this team anywhere anyway. Considering we aren't going to win a Cup with Yeo at the helm (beyond obvious now), wouldn't it be in the team's best interest NOT to have Yeo around in case the miraculous run to get into the playoffs happens again? On top of it... it wouldn't be "horrible" missing the playoffs if Wilson isn't up to snuff either, as that improves the draft position.

I just don't see a positive side to keeping Yeo.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Why? Why can't Ron Wilson take over? Yeo's not going to get this team anywhere anyway. Considering we aren't going to win a Cup with Yeo at the helm (beyond obvious now), wouldn't it be in the team's best interest NOT to have Yeo around in case the miraculous run to get into the playoffs happens again? On top of it... it wouldn't be "horrible" missing the playoffs if Wilson isn't up to snuff either, as that improves the draft position.

I just don't see a positive side to keeping Yeo.

this. this right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad