Mike Yeo Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
The only coaching shakeup that would work IMHO is the head coach, if you replace one of the assistants it won't matter much, players won't be like "oh ****, its on now" as much as it sucks to say this on an annual basis, this team CANNOT have this month plus long streak of playing dog **** hockey every year. Look every team goes through slumps, but with the Wild under Yeo its like 1.5 months every freaking year at the same time, how does that keep happening.

I honestly don't know what else you try, i don't think a trade fixes **** because our problem isn't our roster per se, but rather the players on it playing, and you can't trade koivu or something (many reasons, i'm not saying trade koivu, just pointing out that its not like you can do something that drastic)

I just don't know where to go from here, i fear that Yeo will pull that bounce back thing he does, we'll make the playoffs and we'll end up getting knocked out in the 2nd or even 1st round, I just don't think Yeo is the guy for this roster.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well it's not just for sake of shaking things up. The personnel decisions are questionable and special teams play has been bad compared with the talent available.

For the last three years, the Wild are 23rd in PP goal differential. They are 14th in PK goal differential. 5v5 goal differential is 13th. So you have average to well below average performance given a roster full of talent.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I would take Carlyle over Yeo...

nwTjgQn.gif

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
The only coaching shakeup that would work IMHO is the head coach, if you replace one of the assistants it won't matter much, players won't be like "oh ****, its on now" as much as it sucks to say this on an annual basis, this team CANNOT have this month plus long streak of playing dog **** hockey every year. Look every team goes through slumps, but with the Wild under Yeo its like 1.5 months every freaking year at the same time, how does that keep happening.

I honestly don't know what else you try, i don't think a trade fixes **** because our problem isn't our roster per se, but rather the players on it playing, and you can't trade koivu or something (many reasons, i'm not saying trade koivu, just pointing out that its not like you can do something that drastic)

I just don't know where to go from here, i fear that Yeo will pull that bounce back thing he does, we'll make the playoffs and we'll end up getting knocked out in the 2nd or even 1st round, I just don't think Yeo is the guy for this roster.

The difference between Wild slumps and elite team slumps is that ours seem to always put our season in danger. Blackhawks, Blues, Ducks, etc may lose 3 or 4 in a row here and there but then they roll off 6-7 game win streaks and win 10 of 12 or something similar and those losing streaks aren't as devastating. The Wild just kind of putz along and then a 4-5 game losing streak becomes crippling and they very rarely reel off 5 in a row. So every little losing streak they have kills them.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Fire Yeo! I don't care if they bring in Carlyle at this point just get a damn veteran behind the bench who can actually put veteran players in their place when they play like ****. How can you be the boss when you're afraid of hurting the employees' feelings?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I honestly feel bad for the guy. Not a single damn thing has gone his way this season...hands have been completely tied with injuries and goalie problems.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I honestly feel bad for the guy. Not a single damn thing has gone his way this season...hands have been completely tied with injuries and goalie problems.

I kind of agree. I don't think he should be fired yet.. but if we drop the next 4, which is very possible when you look at our schedule, it might be time for a change.

Billy Mays Here*

If we're firing Yeo, there is only one coach I would be happy with as a hire, and that is the walrus man himself.

Billy Mays Here*

I don't care for Yeo much, but with each loss I'm caring less and less about firing him and getting more and more pissed at Fletcher for his garbage handling of the goaltending situation.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I think Yeo needs a bit more direct calling out of his veteran players. Because of his extension, I doubt he will be getting fired, that time was last year about this time of year...GMCF is probably preparing to do what GM's have long done to shake up an under-performing team, shock them with a decent sized trade...They do have some cap space (not known exactly with CapGeek going down) to hopefully add some grit/size. The Parise situation adds more tension to what looks like a very fragile-minded team right now. They've had a rough season already (illness, injuries, Suter/Parise fathers, fluke goals, flaky goalies, etc.) with such raised expectations going unrealized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad