Mike Yeo Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
I would prefer Tippet, but a change has to happen.

I think before yeo goes fletcher owes him a trade such as we have seen in other situations. He's getting screwed with sickness and bad goaltending but if it doesn't get better after that he should be gone

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I think before yeo goes fletcher owes him a trade such as we have seen in other situations. He's getting screwed with sickness and bad goaltending but if it doesn't get better after that he should be gone

I don't buy the excuses of illness and injury. Every single team in the NHL goes through stretches of bad luck with that sort of stuff. The good teams get through it. Look at Winnipeg without their Top 4 D till at least February. Haven't gotten any closer than 5 points of them in the last 3 weeks.

The fact is that this organization (owner, GM, coach, writers) oversold how good this team is when they had a great chance to win that Chicago series. They are a team of a few pretty decent young guys and vets. We do not have a superstar or any prospect in the system or on the team where you think "This is a guy we build around". The highest point total a Wild player has ever had was 83 by Gaborik in like 2008. Seven years ago! Koivu had a couple 70 point seasons. We'll forever be a team that chases a wild card spot until we have a star to build around. Will guys like Granlund, Nino, Zucker, Coyle ever be 70-90 point guys? Maybe...I wouldn't bet on it though. Would it be fair for Yeo and Fletcher to lose their jobs because of constant under performing? Maybe not. But it felt like coming into the season they were selling this team as something special. And here we are 18-15-5. Three games to the halfway point with the best case scenario being on pace for 94 points...probably not good enough to clinch a spot in the West. Pick 12th in the draft for a guy that will take years to develop and never really amount to anything better than a decent player. Rinse....repeat with this franchise. We need a major shakeup and I don't know what that could be.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't care for Yeo much, but with each loss I'm caring less and less about firing him and getting more and more pissed at Fletcher for his garbage handling of the goaltending situation.

The handling of the goaltending situation is similar to his handling of every other situation. This time though, he doesn't have the assets to make a trade or else he would have.

Billy Mays Here*

The handling of the goaltending situation is similar to his handling of every other situation. This time though, he doesn't have the assets to make a trade or else he would have.

Every GM knows we're in desperate need of a goaltender now and Fletcher is gonna have to pony up big time assets to get one. Oh Bernier, where fore art thou Bernier.

Billy Mays Here*

Bernier would have cost too much. I'd look at Scrivens personally.

Yes because it cost Toronto so much right? All three pieces they gave up in that trade were fairly minor, with Scrivens being the only decent piece.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yeo won't be gone this season and blaming him for the way this season has panned out just feels wrong.

Sure, injuries and illnesses have hurt us, but the goaltending is costing us a playoff position. 2nd in SA/G and 29th in Team SV% (0.894). **** you Harding.

I don't buy the excuses of illness and injury. Every single team in the NHL goes through stretches of bad luck with that sort of stuff. The good teams get through it. Look at Winnipeg without their Top 4 D till at least February. Haven't gotten any closer than 5 points of them in the last 3 weeks.

6th in Team SV% helps keep them alive. If we had the Jets save percentage, we'd have let in 25 less goals... That's gotta be good for what? 7-8 wins minimum?

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Russo said he's never seen sickness like he has this year in his entire reporting career. Yeah, gonna say that combined with the mumps, Harding's MS and kicking a wall, having your two superstars be completely heartbroken, etc etc....every team does not go through and overcome all of that every season.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I get that firing the coach is the easiest way to make a change and shake things up, but I wonder what the best coach in the NHL (whomever you think that may be) would do with this exact roster, this awful goaltending, and these injury/illness issues.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be a hell of a lot better.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think Paul MacLean would be a good fit here. He's got a lot of coaching experience and won a Cup under Mike Babcock with Anaheim. His teams in Ottawa were generally pretty damn good and I think he'd put an aggressive system in place.

I'm actually not opposed to Dan Bylsma, because I think that he's a much better version of Mike Yeo. I think he's got more of a head for the game and wouldn't play favorites as much. But I don't think his PP would be any better, and that's an issue, and obviously the Wild don't have Pittsburgh level talent.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I think Paul MacLean would be a good fit here. He's got a lot of coaching experience and won a Cup under Mike Babcock with Anaheim. His teams in Ottawa were generally pretty damn good and I think he'd put an aggressive system in place.

I'm actually not opposed to Dan Bylsma, because I think that he's a much better version of Mike Yeo. I think he's got more of a head for the game and wouldn't play favorites as much. But I don't think his PP would be any better, and that's an issue, and obviously the Wild don't have Pittsburgh level talent.

On pens board they complained that he used tough guys a lot too. Is Bylsma bringing a goalie with him? Also it has been said about that people on the team wouldn't be on board with him coaching.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
MacLean's probably my first choice as well.

Also, I'd be very interested to see Wes Walz behind the bench in some capacity. After how much he helped Stamkos and other young players in Tampa, I can't understand how he's stuck doing the pre and post-games for FSN. Could be by his choice too, but I think if he wanted it he could be a great asset.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I still believe Deboer would be a good fit here.

Although he's struggled a bit with his prospects in NJ... He's a good coach.
I like his system. His PP is great. And they're solid on the back end with an ability to score goals as well because of their forechecking system.

The only thing that would worry me is the young guns aspect of things.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I can't imagine that Yeo is the type of coach that is inspiring before the game in the locker room. His constant emotionless state is starting to bother me. I would love to see someone who has some fire and doesn't stand behind the bench with his arm crossed, the entire game.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Running out of ideas.. This team needs a ****in shrink much more than some tactical coach with limited leader skills (Yeo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad