Rumor: Mike Weaver - Out?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I would rather talk about the habs great puck possession abilities than the value of shot blockers like Weaver and Gorges that save your bacon when your pinned in your zone for way too long. It is an important skill on the pk however and I am surprised that they would not sign weaver as a depth guy that gets 50+ games a year while the young guys transition into the lineup. Maybe Bergevin will give Boullion a 3 year deal instead.:laugh::laugh:

I agree with that. Although Weaver brings more to the table than Gorges.

But I think if the Habs sign Weaver is just to push Beaulieu and Tinordi. Like Bergevin said today:"we want them to force us to play them, their spot are not garantee next year".

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I agree with that. Although Weaver brings more to the table than Gorges.

But I think if the Habs sign Weaver is just to push Beaulieu and Tinordi. Like Bergevin said today:"we want them to force us to play them, their spot are not garantee next year".

I think Beaulieu proved he can play in the playoffs. I would pair him with Gorges who would play on the right.

Tinordi they just got way too hard on him after Johansen burned him. Pair him with Subban for the whole camp and then re-evaluate.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like him A LOT but let's just bring Tinordi in ffs. It's about time

I'm not sure about you but i don't want Tin Man or Bollie or Emelin playing RD.
Did you happen to catch any of Bollies RD shifts against NYR? :help:
So in my mind signing Weaver doesn't affect the Kids.
He was one of the few players who looked to have something left in the tank.
Not sure if all the Florida rest had an impact but signing him would be a damn good thing...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Beaulieu proved he can play in the playoffs. I would pair him with Gorges who would play on the right.

Tinordi they just got way too hard on him after Johansen burned him. Pair him with Subban for the whole camp and then re-evaluate.

That one is engraved on MT's brain he may never get over it :laugh: :cry:

Oh and i agree Gorges RD or gone...
I play him with Markov they've had success in the past...
JM used them MT didn't quite get around to it.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I like him A LOT but let's just bring Tinordi in ffs. It's about time

We can still do both. Even if Beaulieu/Tinordi are the 3rd pairing, someone on defense will get injured this year and it's great to have a guy like Eaver as a #6/7 to be able to play that role.

LowBallFern

Mar 5, 2010
I agree that if I'm Weaver, i'm looking for a raise. I believe he can get it based on his play. 3mil per year may be much, but also not necessarily as solid defenseman tend to get that.

However, RDS's story seemed to claim there have been no talks between habs. So it didn't make it sound like they're far apart and therefore might not agree, but RDS made it sound like Habs simply didn't have any interest, which I found very surprising.

If Mike Weaver is looking to stay in Montreal, a pay raise is NOT an option...His salary was $1.1M...It'll be the same or almost IMO...

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
i
Weaver hasnt signed yet? What a guy!

He always makes me laugh! :laugh:

If you want to chuckle then Leave it to Weaver

xLz6cKr.jpg

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Trade that brain dead bum emelin and bring back weaver please. Character Mr bergevin character!!!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Trade that brain dead bum emelin and bring back weaver please. Character Mr bergevin character!!!

Yes Emelin has no character. A long on-going feud with Cheech. Hits him, taunts him, makes him do really dumb poop.

Even after he was put in hospital. Yes no character....

Go back to play by play Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad